Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica Kit (2nd Run) *SIGN UP CLOSED*

Sorry, I just saw the message
I would like to say that during your first run, I modified the same circuit boards during the construction process, and I was obviously not satisfied with them after they were finished.
I don't want to throw all of this stuff away, so I'm going to buy two Hero kits to try to install them.
Thank you for the final run!
View attachment 1331367
As for the construction work of hero box circuit board running thread before, I found the LED trigger flicker design idea from Dann thread to complete the circuit board design.
Thanks to Dann for his great contribution!
View attachment 1331368
As for the Yuma box, I just thought that maybe I can buy a main body to complete the construction of Yuma. So it is calculated that I need to buy two Sets of Hero kits, one Yuma box, one main body and one carbon steel Tri-Ring
If you are considering selling the black button and brass track separately I will buy some for this too! (y)
Sorry, does it mean I got this board to the hero kit? Or where can I order this?

View attachment 1332191
As long as you like any PCB can complete the hero box flashing construction! I found these PCB when I was looking for them in the second-hand market. They all came from the motherboard in the 5200 MAH mobile phone charger. Then I cut them and decorated the PCB surface simply so that they could be put in the hero box!
You can also use the printed PCB attached to the kit to complete the CONSTRUCTION of the LED trigger! Because the hero box has very limited interior space, I don't think we could have built it without DaveP amazing Hero box interior design! I will send you a working drawing of my current LED trigger, including all the accessories I use. Hope you like it!:)
Thanks so much for posting this! This kind of thing is a little over my head to be honest, but at least I know which parts to look out for now! :D

*Update*

Hi everyone,

I've just finished painting and installing the reveal card in my Hero from the first run, so I've added some new photos to the original post:

A close up of the 3D printed reveal board and a comparison shot:

PCB.jpgComparison.jpg

A couple of new beauty shots that were taken outside against a white background (Hence the shininess!)

BeautyShot_01.jpgBeautyShot_02.jpg

An updated control box shot with modified SlothFurnace card (Blue edge):

Box.jpg

A new emitter shot showing the second grub screw hole, filled and painted:

Emitter.jpg

A new comparison shot where I tried to get the same angle as one of the references. Nearly got it. Just slightly off!

Comparison_02.jpg

I'll be posting a more detailed explanation on my build thread.

FYI, work is continuing on the model overlays for this run. Should have a couple more of those to show off in the next couple of days!

Big thank you to everyone who's shown an interest in this run so far! We've already surpassed the target, so the run will definitely be going ahead!

As soon as these last few model checks are done and I (and more importantly all of you) are happy with everything, we can push the button!

That gives anyone else that's interested the opportunity to sign up too! :)

As always, I'll keep you posted. MTFBWY!

Cheers,

Dave

How do I get just the 3D printed computer board, or possibly pay for a STL file? Either or, I'm in for that!
Hey, the STL file for the card is on Thingyverse if you're able to print it yourself? You can download the file here: ROTJ Hero Lightsaber Reveal Card by DaveP1981

I'm going to order a few extra this time so that people without printers can get hold of one too.

I'm probably going to modify slightly for this run, as they're prone to warping depending on temperature. This is just due to them being so thin and printed in resin.

Anyway, feel free to use as you like. :)

Interested! Need to think about the permutations/version(s) I want though.
Hey, that's great. Thanks. No worries. There's time to figure out which version you'd like to go for. I'll get your name added and update with specifics later. Cheers (y)

*Update*

Hi everyone,

I've just finished painting and installing the reveal card in my Hero from the first run, so I've added some new photos to the original post:

A close up of the 3D printed reveal board and a comparison shot:

View attachment 1332852View attachment 1332849

A couple of new beauty shots that were taken outside against a white background (Hence the shininess!)

View attachment 1332846View attachment 1332847

An updated control box shot with modified SlothFurnace card (Blue edge):

View attachment 1332848

A new emitter shot showing the second grub screw hole, filled and painted:

View attachment 1332851

A new comparison shot where I tried to get the same angle as one of the references. Nearly got it. Just slightly off!

View attachment 1332850

I'll be posting a more detailed explanation on my build thread.

FYI, work is continuing on the model overlays for this run. Should have a couple more of those to show off in the next couple of days!

Big thank you to everyone who's shown an interest in this run so far! We've already surpassed the target, so the run will definitely be going ahead!

As soon as these last few model checks are done and I (and more importantly all of you) are happy with everything, we can push the button!

That gives anyone else that's interested the opportunity to sign up too! :)

As always, I'll keep you posted. MTFBWY!

Cheers,

Dave
WOW.... Dave that looks absolutely amazing, so excited to get this.

Seems to be lots of interest again which is a testament to what you have created, the only ROTJ saber you will ever need IMO.

What's the lead time we're looking at out of interest?
The first run was hit pretty badly by Covid, but based on things staying how they are, the lead time should be 2-3 weeks. The last few that I had made (to replace some that got damaged in transit) arrived ridiculously fast. After everything was back up and running. Hopefully things will stay that way.

*Update*

Hi everyone. I haven't posted an update on here for a little while, so I just wanted to reassure everyone than the work continues! :D

We've past the the 25 mark now, which is a momentous occasion, as it means the run can and will go ahead!!!

A lot of stuff has been happening behind the scenes this week (hence my radio silence).

Couple of things to report:

PCBs:

I've been busy researching the PCB on the original prop. And drawing up plans for a bit of an upgrade...

Whilst I love the 3D printed version, and I'm very proud of how it turned out, I can't help but wish it was made from real world parts! Especially after seeing the amazing work Poikilotherm did on theirs.

Well... I'm in talks with a PCB manufacturer, who can hopefully replicate the one used in the original prop (visually at least), based on my design and using real components!

If I can keep the cost down to the same level as the 3D printed ones, I'll be including these in the kits instead!

This is something that I'm VERY excited about! Hopefully you are too.

I'll be having extra made, so those from the first run will be able to bag one, along with anyone else that would like one.

Commissions:

In the past I've been hesitant to accept commissions. My main motivation for doing these has always been about having them made so that I get to build one for myself.

It's quite a lot to take on, and the thought of messing up somebody else's build has always put me off too.

Well, now that I'm a little more experienced and feeling a little more confident with the process, I've agreed to accept a couple of commissions.
(Two so far)

I can manage a few more if that's something that interests anyone? I really do need to limit this to 5 or maybe 6 though, as I'm quite limited on space and would be working on these at the same time.

The offer's there anyway, for anyone that needs it.

I'm charging £150 per build (no electronics).

Depending on what happens with the PCB, this would include the new, real-parts version, or the painted 3D printed one.

Anyway, apologies for the long post. Work continues on the models. Fine tuning is still ongoing, and I'll be sharing my progress with that early next week. :)

MTFBWY.

IMG_20200807_000157~2.jpg

Last edited:
*Update*

Hi everyone. I haven't posted an update on here for a little while, so I just wanted to reassure everyone than the work continues! :D

We've past the the 25 mark now, which is a momentous occasion, as it means the run can and will go ahead!!!

A lot of stuff has been happening behind the scenes this week (hence my radio silence).

Couple of things to report:

PCBs:

I've been busy researching the PCB on the original prop. And drawing up plans for a bit of an upgrade...

Whilst I love the 3D printed version, and I'm very proud of how it turned out, I can't help but wish it was made from real world parts! Especially after seeing the amazing work Poikilotherm did on theirs.

Well... I'm in talks with a PCB manufacturer, who can hopefully replicate the one used in the original prop (visually at least), based on my design and using real components!

If I can keep the cost down to the same level as the 3D printed ones, I'll be including these in the kits instead!

This is something that I'm VERY excited about! Hopefully you are too.

I'll be having extra made, so those from the first run will be able to bag one, along with anyone else that would like one.

Commissions:

In the past I've been hesitant to accept commissions. My main motivation for doing these has always been about having them made so that I get to build one for myself.

It's quite a lot to take on, and the thought of messing up somebody else's build has always put me off too.

well, now that I'm a little more experienced and feeling a little more confident with the process, I've agreed to accept a couple of commissions.
(Two so far)

I can manage a few more if that's something that interests anyone? I really do need to limit this to 5 or maybe 6 though, as I'm quite limited on space and would be working on these at the same time.

The offer's there anyway, for anyone that needs it.

I'm charging £150 per build (no electronics).

Depending on what happens with the PCB, this would include the new, real-parts version, or the painted 3D printed one.

Anyway, apologies for the long post. Work continues on the models. Fine tuning us still ongoing, and I'll be sharing my progress with that early next week. :)

MTFBWY.

View attachment 1334355

If there’s a way to purchase the new pcb alone,put me down for one. If not, I might want the entire control box set up to replace the existing set up on my creepy uncle for your pcb reveal box! What do I need for that to happen?

If there’s a way to purchase the new pcb alone,put me down for one. If not, I might want the entire control box set up to replace the existing set up on my creepy uncle for your pcb reveal box! What do I need for that to happen?
I'll definitely be ordering extra. I don't have a price yet. I can't guarantee that it would fit in to anyone else's kit, but it should be pretty close. I could work out the price for a full box once I've received a quote for the new PCB. I could certainly figure something out for you closer to the time. :)

I'll definitely be ordering extra. I don't have a price yet. I can't guarantee that it would fit in to anyone else's kit, but it should be pretty close. I could work out the price for a full box once I've received a quote for the new PCB. I could certainly figure something out for you closer to the time. :)

Perfect! Put me down then, I'm in for what ever it takes!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back