Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica Kit (2nd Run) *SIGN UP CLOSED*

Any way to get a hero box without the plate for a bit cheaper? Everything else from my run 1 is fine, but im having no luck salvaging the box portion.

Any way to get a hero box without the plate for a bit cheaper? Everything else from my run 1 is fine, but im having no luck salvaging the box portion.
Absolutely. That's not a problem at all. Believe it or not, but the lazer cut plate costs about the same to produce as the CNCd box! I only bundled them together as I figured people would need both. I can put you down for a box on its own, no problem.

Sorry you weren't able to salvage it. Is the screw still in there?? No way of getting hold of it with some needle nose pliers or some modelling snips? As a final resort, could you maybe try sawing down to it with a hacksaw? That bottom edge should be hidden by the plate once it's all put together. Not ideal obviously, but maybe as a last resort. Worth a try if you're at the point where you're thinking of getting a replacement.

My bit snapped in the hole, I tried to drill it out and just killed it. It was one of those rare moments where you get frustrated and desperate and I messed it up. Those tiny bits are just hard to work. Will the new boxes be drilled deeper by chance? I got the new screws from you and the black buttons, so its just the aluminum box. I could likely salvage it, but I want this build to be perfect as the hero is my unicorn saber.

My bit snapped in the hole, I tried to drill it out and just killed it. It was one of those rare moments where you get frustrated and desperate and I messed it up. Those tiny bits are just hard to work. Will the new boxes be drilled deeper by chance? I got the new screws from you and the black buttons, so its just the aluminum box. I could likely salvage it, but I want this build to be perfect as the hero is my unicorn saber.
Glad they arrived ok. Yeah, I'm going to be making a few minor adjustments to the models before the second run goes ahead. I'll be looking at making those deeper for sure. I'll be starting the remodeling process this week. I'll be going for a shorter screw too just to be on the safe side.

Can I get in on this please? The kit looks great!

Cheers

Andy
You certainly can. Thanks. I'll get your name added now. Cheers (y)
Interested as well. Please add me to the list. Looks like it will feel nice and hefty! Nice work!
Thanks. That's great. Yeah, it's got a nice weight to it. Just short of 1KG :) I'll get your name added to the list now. Cheers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back