Unlimited Run Luke v2 lightsaber paint stencils and Neck Adapters

Re: Luke v2 lightsaber paint stencils: All new files

Cool for the SH versions.

Honestly I didn’t read through all the “I will take (insert value here)” posts over the last few pages. Figured important stuff is in your original post. I will keep an eye out on TRA then

I do not have a name in the list, so write it again.
Please 2sets.thank you

Trooper trent , I find my name was double on the list, I have in for one set only(at this moment) :), maybe is mix up with upside member name -->"take"? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Quick update.
1. The list is up to date and current. Please check for errors and let me know.

2. New teaser image in the first post. I don't want to post too much because it's hard to watermark these enough to make them hard to steal but still clear enough to see.

3. I want to ask your opinion on something. These new stencils will already have more detail in them than the originals, simply because we have higher resolution images to work with and FINALLY have all the angles covered. This means NO fudging or making up missing bits. It is quite difficult to extrapolate all of the areas out of the images we have, given that they're from different angles at different distances, with different lighting, varying degrees of quality, motion blur, etc. But I think I am VERY VERY close on these. For these, I applied a custom calculation to each piece to properly stretch and warp different areas to more accurately counteract the fish-eye lens and curve of the prop itself. The result is going to be really awesome I feel.
Having said all of that, one of the main... not exactly complaints, but rather points of discussion about the originals was that they were a bit TOO smooth, i.e. not enough jagged edges to mimic chipped paint. This decision was partly intentional and partly unintentional. Intentional in that the more complex and jagged the edges are, the more difficult the stencils are to weed (removed the colored bits so you can use them). Unintentional in that, I had much lower quality images to work from and the detail just wasn't there.

With the new set of stencils, I have both higher quality reference material, as well as the ability to add some extra, random "noise" to the shapes, giving them a more jagged looking appearance while still maintaining the basic shapes. So my question to you all, is whether you'd prefer a straight "trace" of the shapes as best I can get from the images I have available (which is already much more detail than the originals) or if you'd prefer me to also add some noise to the shapes to make them more jagged and "paint chip-like"?
I don't want to post full images and have them get ripped off so here's a small area of the emitter plate piece to show and example.
On the left is how it was traced from the highest resolution image I could find. Let's call this Option A. On the right, is the SAME file, but with random noise added to make it more jagged. Keep in mind that I can adjust the severity of the noise. I have the noise turned up higher than I would do it in the final version, so it's a bit exaggerated just as an example so you can see what I'm talking about. Let's call this Option B.

Option A.PNGOption B.PNG

Option B MIGHT look a little more like chipped paint, but will also be more difficult to weed. Option A may be slightly more accurate in terms of actual shapes since the noise is random.

Feel free to discuss and post your preference. Option A or Option B?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Personally, I'd prefer option B. Probably would try to replicate the same effect anyhow after painting - this would just save that step.

I prefer A and doing the rest myself. Thanks for your efforts :)

Envoyé de mon SM-T800 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sick been waiting for this for a long time. Please can you put me down for a set please

Thanks for doing the new run!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back