Who's rebelling, though, besides me?
I haven't watched anything Star Wars since Last Jedi. Most of you guys watch everything Disney makes, complain about it, then watch the next one. That's not rebelling, that's encouraging them to make more of this schlock.

Well where am I going to get fresh material to complain about on here every night? I can't write this stuff myself! :lol:

Has there ever been any diagram or whatever of where all the guns are on a Star Destroyer? I know it has all those huge guns on each side, but if you watch that first scene in ANH there are laserbolts coming out from all over the ship. And surprisingly, none of them are coming from the actual guns.

That's a good question. I don't think I've ever seen anything besides the list of how many turbolasers, ion cannons, etc. on each ship. I think maybe they can turn the side turrets forward, but that's not where a lot of fire is coming from when they are shooting forward in the movies. I seem to recall seeing what looked like a cutscene recently, maybe from a game I didn't play, where they showed crewed Death Star style lasers firing through ports and it was supposed to be a Star Destroyer.

Well where am I going to get fresh material to complain about on here every night? I can't write this stuff myself! :lol:

That's a good question. I don't think I've ever seen anything besides the list of how many turbolasers, ion cannons, etc. on each ship. I think maybe they can turn the side turrets forward, but that's not where a lot of fire is coming from when they are shooting forward in the movies. I seem to recall seeing what looked like a cutscene recently, maybe from a game I didn't play, where they showed crewed Death Star style lasers firing through ports and it was supposed to be a Star Destroyer.
I believe that was RotS:

No it was like that scene, but with the Death Star lasers and Imperial gunners. I can't remember where I saw it though!

I was looking through my SW pictures and found a diagram ILM made for the gun placement on the Trade Federation cruisers, which is what we need for the ISDs.

tradefedbattleshipgunplacement.jpg

No it was like that scene, but with the Death Star lasers and Imperial gunners. I can't remember where I saw it though!

I was looking through my SW pictures and found a diagram ILM made for the gun placement on the Trade Federation cruisers, which is what we need for the ISDs.

View attachment 1606505
I'm looking at this thinking 'this doesn't look right.' Then I see the date. These are Lucrehulks seen at the beginning of ROTS. Holy crap they added a lot of guns.

Has there ever been any diagram or whatever of where all the guns are on a Star Destroyer? I know it has all those huge guns on each side, but if you watch that first scene in ANH there are laserbolts coming out from all over the ship. And surprisingly, none of them are coming from the actual guns.
Probably a lot of gun emplacements in the trench. As well as other places. It's always interesting to see how various games add guns. It would be interesting to see where X-wing Alliance, Rogue Squadron II and III have them. Particularly Rogue Squadron, because they have a ton of guns in those games.
Here's Fractal Sponge's model, idealized. But he puts in gun emplacements where they kinda realistically should be. Imperial Star Destroyer Closeups – Fractalsponge.net

Bleh....The Mandalorian is thrift store Jango/Boba Fett. It's literally cool silver armor dude. View attachment 1607252Mixed with mysterious man with no face. View attachment 1607253

"THE" Mandalorian is just poor remix.
Yeah, I wouldnt disagree with that sentiment. Mando is a poor man's Boba Fett, especially compared to the Boba Fett in the comics.

Comics Fett faced off against Vader with a lightsaber, one of the best duelists in the universe. Mando cant even hold his dark saber properly.
Fett is one of if not the top bounty hunter for the Hutts. Mando is working for scraps relatively.
Fett crawled out of the sarlacc pit by himself.

Unfortunately, BOBF Fett is a poor mans Mando, which makes him a severely discounted version of his true self.

Bleh....The Mandalorian is thrift store Jango/Boba Fett. It's literally cool silver armor dude. View attachment 1607252Mixed with mysterious man with no face. View attachment 1607253

"THE" Mandalorian is just poor remix.
If the rumors are true, the reason why Djinn exists is because Kennedy vetoed the use of any OT characters as they were in the OT, and that Filoni and Favreau made the character the way he is because it was the only way they could do a series about a Mandalorian like Fett.

If the rumors are true, the reason why Djinn exists is because Kennedy vetoed the use of any OT characters as they were in the OT, and that Filoni and Favreau made the character the way he is because it was the only way they could do a series about a Mandalorian like Fett.
It's possible. But I see someone like Bob Iger trying to force that rule. And anyways it didn't last, as we got video game Luke. Plus George said 'uh, actually Boba isn't a Mandalorian.' (you must read that in a fake George Lucas voice.:p)

Has this been posted before?
Found this really interesting.

It's called temp scoring. While the films are being edited they'll temp score to kinda get the feel for a scene and such. Or sometimes a writer has a song that were listing to that's kinda stuck in their head. In those days using classical music to temp score was very popular. Today often times other film scores are used.
This is good video on it.

In addition I highly recommend you check out two podcasts. First is The Soundtrack Show, by David W Collins. (He worked on a lot of LucasArts projects, and does some work at Lucasfilm still.) He has some really great episodes on the OT scores.

Then there's Art of the Score, which also has Dan Goulding, from that YouTube video. Both podcasts very knowledgeable about music, film scores in general and Star Wars music. And each has some great insights. Highly recommend both. They're on most of your platforms, Spotify, Apple, etc.

Yeah, I wouldnt disagree with that sentiment. Mando is a poor man's Boba Fett, especially compared to the Boba Fett in the comics.

Comics Fett faced off against Vader with a lightsaber, one of the best duelists in the universe. Mando cant even hold his dark saber properly.
Fett is one of if not the top bounty hunter for the Hutts. Mando is working for scraps relatively.
Fett crawled out of the sarlacc pit by himself.

Unfortunately, BOBF Fett is a poor mans Mando, which makes him a severely discounted version of his true self.
Oh man I remember reading that comic! I got at my library in an Omnibus! That was so awesome!

It's called temp scoring. While the films are being edited they'll temp score to kinda get the feel for a scene and such. Or sometimes a writer has a song that were listing to that's kinda stuck in their head. In those days using classical music to temp score was very popular. Today often times other film scores are used.
This is good video on it.

In addition I highly recommend you check out two podcasts. First is The Soundtrack Show, by David W Collins. (He worked on a lot of LucasArts projects, and does some work at Lucasfilm still.) He has some really great episodes on the OT scores.

Then there's Art of the Score, which also has Dan Goulding, from that YouTube video. Both podcasts very knowledgeable about music, film scores in general and Star Wars music. And each has some great insights. Highly recommend both. They're on most of your platforms, Spotify, Apple, etc.

I know what temp scoring is.
The video I posted is not about temp scoring.

I know what temp scoring is.
The video I posted is not about temp scoring.
Not in a direct way, no. Nevertheless, a section of 'Mars' from Holst's 'Planets' was temp scored for 'Star Wars. Heck the 'Planets', if they weren't used a temp scores, they've been the inspiration behind many scores.

So this is supposed to be a couple pages from an early or maybe the first draft of "Empire." Some fun things to see. We see Luke's father as Force ghost, before Father Skywalker and Vader made into the same person. We get a name drop for Luke's sister. And Minch(Yoda) has a lightsaber. When a little later on George would say that Jedi Masters don't carry lightsabers. They are teachers of wisdom, knowledge and the Force.
RDT_20220813_1230433721111429821012100.png
RDT_20220813_1231495655266699574382490.png

Someone has suggested the The Mandalorian is the reason why Boba Fett was Nerfed in his show. I hope the fix that if there's a season 2. I like them both though.

If you want to talk knockoffs, let's talk The Bad Batch being an extremely inferior (and goofy) version of the Null Arc troopers! I would absolutely LOVE if they somehow brought them back in The Mandalorian, even if it's just a throwaway line like "We've heard rumors of an odd clan of former clone commandos and ARC troopers who keep to themselves..."

BTW, while we're on soundtracks, the Bounty Hunter game has an awesome sound track. I loved the music in that game. I *think* Jeremy Soule did that one.

Someone has suggested the The Mandalorian is the reason why Boba Fett was Nerfed in his show. I hope the fix that if there's a season 2. I like them both though.

If you want to talk knockoffs, let's talk The Bad Batch being an extremely inferior (and goofy) version of the Null Arc troopers! I would absolutely LOVE if they somehow brought them back in The Mandalorian, even if it's just a throwaway line like "We've heard rumors of an odd clan of former clone commandos and ARC troopers who keep to themselves..."

BTW, while we're on soundtracks, the Bounty Hunter game has an awesome sound track. I loved the music in that game. I *think* Jeremy Soule did that one.
I agree, I too like both Boba Fett and Djinn Daron. They both may be Mandalorian, but they are different in approach to what that is. And, I'm hoping that for the next season of The Mandalorian, that we'll get to see more of what Djinn goes through, and how he evolves. And honestly, I wouldn't mind another season of Boba Fett's show, as long as they can fix a few of the story problems with it (which have been reported that it wasn't just Robert Rodriguez's issues, but problems caused by Kennedy to sabotage the show, if any of the behind the scenes rumors are true).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back