I suspect Luke knew through the force what would work and what wouldn't; he might have sensed the possible outcomes and went with the path that offered the best chance of success without needless exposure to the dark side.

Vader force choked Jabba in one of the canon comics. Hutts aren't immune to the force. Mind tricks only work on the "weak minded." Not that it makes a big difference in anything.

1659973029136.png

Last edited:
I dont think we can use Vader as an example.

Vader is the one and although gravely weakened in his connection due to his injuries on Mustafar, is still supposedly able to perform amazing feats with the force. Its possible that beings that are usually force-resistant are susceptible of Anakin/Vader uses the force on them.

Luke wasnt the best negotiator in RotJ but the other options werent great. The sneaking in gave them multiple options, the big goal likely being to sneak Han out but that would have likely just put another bounty on Han’s head. I dont think the group also really had anything Jabba wanted (he is super rich and seemed petty) so Han’s price of freedom was likely very high. Although not very jedi-like, killing go Jabba and his cronies was the best way to really ensure Han’s freedom. Luke did give several opportunities for Jabba to surrender but he didnt seem like he could back it up. He was always alone, surrounded by enemies, and seemed at the mercy of Jabba (first negotiating then failing to shoot Jabba, then tied and about to jump into the sarlacc).

Except you can question the mouse. I mean, one of the things about Star Wars is a rebellion, after all. :)
Who's rebelling, though, besides me?
I haven't watched anything Star Wars since Last Jedi. Most of you guys watch everything Disney makes, complain about it, then watch the next one. That's not rebelling, that's encouraging them to make more of this schlock.

I skipped everything since 2017 with one noteable exception. I saw Mando Season 1 and 2 for free at the encouragement of well meaning friends. I wasn't overwhelmed, but I did see potential in it that was squandered by the second season. Everything I've seen since has been in clips and what I read about. It just isn't for me. It's to the point where I dread when my friends will even mention Star Wars anymore because while they know I'm a "Star Wars guy/ fan" blah. blah, blah... it always encompasses either some long explanation I don't feel like getting into, or I politely listen while they gush about the latest offering. You all know me well enough to know I'm live and let live. We are talking about entertainment after all. I know what I like and I don't feel the need to have to explain my dislike of what has come since anymore. It's well known. I'm sure you're all tired of me talking about it anyway. :lol:

I'm just at a point where there's little left to say that I haven't said ad nausuem for years now. I've also got enough going on in the real world to not really be all too concerned with the direction the franchise has gone. It's obvious I'm not happy with it, but I also tire of this seeming obligation to and idea of "fandom." This isn't religion. It's just a hobby, an almost all consuming hobby, but a past time none-the-less. I'm genuinely happy for those fans who love what's coming out. I really am. I wish I could feel the same way, but I don't. One piece of advice I would offer is that as consumers, we hold the cards. Vote with your wallet. That's the only way your voice is heard. Voicing your frustration online is fine, but unless you're willing to withhold your money, it's not going to change a thing. Support what you enjoy with your money, but if you don't enjoy it, don't spend money on it. Don't ever settle for scraps. Demand better, and pay for better.

I almost wonder if my time with this story will feel complete (in a sense) once I finish off the props and costumes for my personal collection. That was the goal of all this involvement in a lot of ways, and the entire purpose behind joining theRPF. Perhaps then, I can just enjoy this like I did as a kid.

Has there ever been any diagram or whatever of where all the guns are on a Star Destroyer? I know it has all those huge guns on each side, but if you watch that first scene in ANH there are laserbolts coming out from all over the ship. And surprisingly, none of them are coming from the actual guns.

Who's rebelling, though, besides me?
I haven't watched anything Star Wars since Last Jedi. Most of you guys watch everything Disney makes, complain about it, then watch the next one. That's not rebelling, that's encouraging them to make more of this schlock.
Well I can stand beside you when I say I stopped watching, and don’t plan on continuing.

It's not just viewing that's the problem, it's really the subscriptions, movie ticket sales and spending money on merch. The more they continue with crappy content, the less of all of those things there will be.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back