I’m a odd duck.. never cared for R1 but loved solo…

I guess I lost “Star Wars IQ” points

Wink wink lol
I thought Solo was really good, R1 was good...just wish they didn't blow up Jedha...i like archaeology and history and the whole Jedi thing so i was hoping in future Star Wars movies they could return back there and maybe find some new books or lightsabers etc.

Ugghh. I might be alone in this, but I think this is a huge mistake. If the lesson Lucasfilm took away from Solo's lackluster performance was that it was all because of a recasting, they're severely misunderstanding the bigger reasons it was a failure. Its release proximity to the controversial The Last Jedi, its budget blowing up due to reshooting 70% of the film, poor marketing & drama surrounding the production, and releasing it against serious competition from Deadpool 2 and Avengers: Infinity War are much more significant reasons it underperformed at the box office.

The deepfake technology they're experimenting with is neat and definitely in spirit of ILM always pushing things forward, but in my opinion it’s harmful for the future of the franchise if they limit themselves to not recasting important characters like Luke or Han. I get that Mark Hamill feels a lot of ownership and responsibility for the character, but limiting it to ONLY him playing the role is a mistake. Lucasfilm and the fans should be open to allowing other actors the chance to give their take on characters we know and love.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather see a real human on screen than some strange AI-generated robot-person.

Rian Johnson’s Star Wars Trilogy Has Been Delayed at Lucasfilm

lol.gif

I didn't read the Vanity Fair article, I just saw some excerpts. I did see that apparently KK admitted she screwed up SW and they were just making things up as they went with the Sequels. Remember how all the fans were saying that same thing when TLJ came out and we were told we hated women, were racist, and whatever else they could insult fans with?

Rian Johnson’s Star Wars Trilogy Has Been Delayed at Lucasfilm

View attachment 1576420
I mean like when was it supposed to come out? He signed on while working on TLJ. Solo was wrapping up and TROS was just beginning before TLJ hit theaters. Then COVID, and Disney+. Lucasfilm shifted gears major time. And Rian took on other projects. It's not like they'd follow on the heels of one trilogy with another.

I didn't read the Vanity Fair article, I just saw some excerpts. I did see that apparently KK admitted she screwed up SW and they were just making things up as they went with the Sequels. Remember how all the fans were saying that same thing when TLJ came out and we were told we hated women, were racist, and whatever else they could insult fans with?
Maybe I missed that. But I didn't see where she said that.

Ugghh. I might be alone in this, but I think this is a huge mistake. If the lesson Lucasfilm took away from Solo's lackluster performance was that it was all because of a recasting, they're severely misunderstanding the bigger reasons it was a failure. Its release proximity to the controversial The Last Jedi, its budget blowing up due to reshooting 70% of the film, poor marketing & drama surrounding the production, and releasing it against serious competition from Deadpool 2 and Avengers: Infinity War are much more significant reasons it underperformed at the box office.

The deepfake technology they're experimenting with is neat and definitely in spirit of ILM always pushing things forward, but in my opinion it’s harmful for the future of the franchise if they limit themselves to not recasting important characters like Luke or Han. I get that Mark Hamill feels a lot of ownership and responsibility for the character, but limiting it to ONLY him playing the role is a mistake. Lucasfilm and the fans should be open to allowing other actors the chance to give their take on characters we know and love.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd much rather see a real human on screen than some strange AI-generated robot-person.

For some reason, the big studios are deaf to the argument that a previous bad movie in a franchise might hurt the sales of the next movie. Their brains just won't process the concept. They will jump through all kinds of hoops trying to rationalize the outcomes in some other way. They make this mistake over and over again with many franchises. Batman, X-Men, Star Wars, etc.

Last edited:
I didn't want to create a whole new thread, for this question. Because I know it's been talked about before, somewhere..... so I'm just going to toss it here.

I've been on a Obi-Wan lightsaber bender as of late. Can't get enough of it. I remember a discussion about the grenade section possibly being flipped when they were filming Tunisia. What was general consensus on that?

Also is there a thread with good screen caps and BTS photos of the Obi-Wan "hero"? So far my searches have returned in vain.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back