I can very proudly say that I've have watched the entirety of the Original Trilogy in reverse. From end credits to title crawl. Even The Phantom Menace promo at the beginning of the Episode IV VHS.

I take it back. Your friend may be right.

So here's a weird one for you guys. When my family I celebrated May 4th, I had friend message me telling me that Star Wars is bad. Beware Star Wars she says. She then sends me a link to a book that claims that Star Wars takes much of it's inspiration (as in the Force) from the occult. Now I know next to nothing about the occult.

Have any of you guys ever heard this conspiracy theory before? Seems kinda bonkers to me.
Congrats on the new addition. Always nice to see a new potential fan lol.

Yeah, I think its pretty bonkers, especially when the concept of the force is inspired more by eastern philosophy. The concept of the Force was taken from Roman Kroitor who said "many people feel that in the contemplation of nature and in communication with other living things, they become aware of some kind of force...and they call it God." Basically some mysterious force that connects living beings together. Its very similar to the Chinese concept of qi, or ki, this life force that flows through us. Dismissing that as "occult" would be dismissing eastern culture as "occult" which is pretty offensive.

I can very proudly say that I've have watched the entirety of the Original Trilogy in reverse. From end credits to title crawl. Even The Phantom Menace promo at the beginning of the Episode IV VHS.

I read this and immediately thought.....

ace-ventura-jim-carrey.gif

So something I've always wondered. The Rebel Alliance symbol. Is there any known real world stuff on the symbol? Was it meant to be a stylized bird? Or just a random cool looking symbol?

So something I've always wondered. The Rebel Alliance symbol. Is there any known real world stuff on the symbol? Was it meant to be a stylized bird? Or just a random cool looking symbol?
I thought it was loosely based on classic phoenix/eagle rising images? That may have been a retcon later, but it does have the look.

Last edited:
I believe both the symbols of the Rebel Alliance and the Empire are most likely to have been inspired by Japanese mon crests/emblems, that were used to indicate a family, clan or allegiance. Soldiers or samurai would typically wear the emblem of the clan they were fighting for.
Mons are typically circular. There are some with bird or plant motif rising along the sides and the middle, similar to the "Rebel bird" whereas others have a pattern that is repeated radially like on the Imperial "cog".

Last edited:
This is such an indicator of the mindset at the current Lucasfilm. They either don't understand what Star Wars was as a concept, or they're not interested to learn. I've read comments elsewhere that suggest those punk modders were perfectly in line with Star Wars because Lucas was a hot rodder and these characters are an homage to that. Okay, but they still have to make sense within the world. George would've never put these characters in. Like Robot Head states, Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon represents that element of hot rod culture. It's subtle and realistic within the world.

It's just as stupid as those bombers from the last jedi.

"ANH had WW2 inspiration so let's have the same!"

Yeah. Great. Except it makes absolutely no sense in TLJ where it worked beautifully in ANH because it works within the world.

As much as I laugh at how astonishingly dumb Disney owned Star Wars is, sometimes I have moments where I'm genuinely saddened by how much of a joke this franchise has become.

Actually, like others have said, those scooter gang people would work fine, just not on Tatooine. You put them on a more affluent planet like Corellia, Coruscant, etc. they would fit right in.
I think they would have worked if they had pulled back just a tad on the whole gaudiness of the bunch. Make them look like teens trying to emulate the teens from core worlds.

This is such an indicator of the mindset at the current Lucasfilm. They either don't understand what Star Wars was as a concept, or they're not interested to learn. I've read comments elsewhere that suggest those punk modders were perfectly in line with Star Wars because Lucas was a hot rodder and these characters are an homage to that. Okay, but they still have to make sense within the world. George would've never put these characters in. Like Robot Head states, Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon represents that element of hot rod culture. It's subtle and realistic within the world.

It's just as stupid as those bombers from the last jedi.

"ANH had WW2 inspiration so let's have the same!"

Yeah. Great. Except it makes absolutely no sense in TLJ where it worked beautifully in ANH because it works within the world.

As much as I laugh at how astonishingly dumb Disney owned Star Wars is, sometimes I have moments where I'm genuinely saddened by how much of a joke this franchise has become.
That's a weird assumption for people to arrive at. The hot rodded N-1 is a nod to George's love of cars. Not the Mods...

I have to say about the bombers. Because I love those bombers. Do heavy bombers make sense in Star Wars? No, not really. (Though it's kind of a subjective question) But then I remember that capital ships fight like they're old sailing ships. Not technologically advanced warships that they are. Complete with cannons that fire physical shells and eject empty casings.

30ebc73a-17dd-4a66-9e37-3491ec6e5251.gif
star-wars-star-wars3.gif

I think they would have worked if they had pulled back just a tad on the whole gaudiness of the bunch. Make them look like teens trying to emulate the teens from core worlds.

Exactly. I remember a few years back I was laughing at some Honda Civic with a really janky wing on it. My dad (big car guy, mainly GM, mainly Corvettes) was with me and he said "Hey that might be a young kid and that's the only thing he can do with his car right now to try to modify it so give them a break." and that made sense. They should have done the same thing and had that scooter gang with beater speederbikes that they were trying to make look more fancy, but couldn't pull off because they're on Tatooine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back