Not necessarily. George could have easily put in the contract, that they weren't allowed to make any more Saga films. George said this in 2008.

"I’ve left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no 'Episodes VII-IX'. That’s because there isn’t any story. I mean, I never thought of anything! The 'Star Wars' story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story."

But here's George in 2012, not only selling Lucasfilm, but giving his blessing, in making episodes VII, VIII, and IX. That's not something you pass up, particularly if you're Disney.

What's really funny is his so called Sequel "plans" he shared in his interview for the "Star Wars Archives" book for the Prequels. He says his plan involved Darth Maul, and that's why he brought him back in The Clone Wars.....yeah sure George.....
"I aLwAyS iNtEnDeD....."

I maintain, though, that the false part isn't that he intended to do X, but rather that he ALWAYS intended to do X, as if his intent never changed. You can have core ideas to your story, but stories are so fluid and malleable that, in the process of telling them, they cannot help but evolve and change and shift. I'm sure George, at one time, intended to do X, but then he changed his mind, and then he changed it back, and then he changed the thing he changed it back to somewhat but not completely, and...

The two things that irritated me about the Lucas era -- especially the SEs/PT/post-PT era -- was (1) Lucas' insistence that this was all HIS stuff, and screw all the rest of us, and (2) Lucas' steering into the "singular author" notion and especially the guy who always had the grand plan. That was believable back in 1983, if you didn't know anything about the actual development of the films. It's not remotely credible in 2002, let alone 2022.
I mean, I still appreciate George's contributions to society, and I think he's a visionary filmmaker, and I give him incredible credit as a businessman. I also think he's likely a super nice guy. But he's a man with feet of clay, and he's not infallible. And he didn't create the stuff we love all by his lonesome. If not for the participation of a whole range of people, including some truly key figures like his ex-wife and Gary Kurtz, John Williams, Ben Burtt, etc. The thing we love wouldn't be what it is. I wish there was more focus on that outside of the fan community.
Coruscant is one of the most interesting planets in the SW universe. That just adds to the suspicion that a lot of people involved in the Sequels weren't really fans of the movies.
What's this about Coruscant being destroyed? Nobody destroyed Coruscant in any of the films. That was Hosnian Prime.
The way he treats people..
I'm unfamiliar with this. How's Pablo treat people? Any interactions I've had with him on Twitter (which, admittedly, are pretty few) have been perfectly pleasant.

"I aLwAyS iNtEnDeD....."

I maintain, though, that the false part isn't that he intended to do X, but rather that he ALWAYS intended to do X, as if his intent never changed. You can have core ideas to your story, but stories are so fluid and malleable that, in the process of telling them, they cannot help but evolve and change and shift. I'm sure George, at one time, intended to do X, but then he changed his mind, and then he changed it back, and then he changed the thing he changed it back to somewhat but not completely, and...

The two things that irritated me about the Lucas era -- especially the SEs/PT/post-PT era -- was (1) Lucas' insistence that this was all HIS stuff, and screw all the rest of us, and (2) Lucas' steering into the "singular author" notion and especially the guy who always had the grand plan. That was believable back in 1983, if you didn't know anything about the actual development of the films. It's not remotely credible in 2002, let alone 2022.
I mean, I still appreciate George's contributions to society, and I think he's a visionary filmmaker, and I give him incredible credit as a businessman. I also think he's likely a super nice guy. But he's a man with feet of clay, and he's not infallible. And he didn't create the stuff we love all by his lonesome. If not for the participation of a whole range of people, including some truly key figures like his ex-wife and Gary Kurtz, John Williams, Ben Burtt, etc. The thing we love wouldn't be what it is. I wish there was more focus on that outside of the fan community.

What's this about Coruscant being destroyed? Nobody destroyed Coruscant in any of the films. That was Hosnian Prime.

I'm unfamiliar with this. How's Pablo treat people? Any interactions I've had with him on Twitter (which, admittedly, are pretty few) have been perfectly pleasant.
He’s attacked a few YouTubers, then trolled them with fake accounts. This was awhile ago

He attacked the largest Star Wars YouTuber on the internet, and with his following they blew it up all over the internet. Pablo changed his tune real quick

I remember butting heads with him when he was a moderator on the old Starwars.com forums 20+ years ago. I always thought he was a turd and have never liked him. How he ever got to where he is now is beyond me.
I never had a problem with him until he started attacking fans… I thought his segments at the end of rebels was hilarious

He’s attacked a few YouTubers, then trolled them with fake accounts. This was awhile ago

He attacked the largest Star Wars YouTuber on the internet, and with his following they blew it up all over the internet. Pablo changed his tune real quick
I can't say about the others. But the Star Wars Theory mess, that was on Star Wars Theory. Pablo didn't attack him. Some jerk was mocking SWT, on Twitter, so Pablo in turn, was mocking that jerk. But SWT, needed to get clicks, so he claimed that Pablo attacked him. He played martyr, again....and got away with it again....

I can't say about the others. But the Star Wars Theory mess, that was on Star Wars Theory. Pablo didn't attack him. Some jerk was mocking SWT, on Twitter, so Pablo in turn, was mocking that jerk. But SWT, needed to get clicks, so he claimed that Pablo attacked him. He played martyr, again....and got away with it again....
Heeeeeehhh… I disagree with that, but that’s how you feel

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back