Oh, yeah I love that. Those subtle changes in ships and guns, kinda give the illusion of being improved. Kinda like the changing aesthetic in Star Trek adds to the illusion of technology changing.

Though for Star Wars, Rogue One kinda messes up the AT-ST. As they use the ROTJ version...... But then again I feel the ESB version was probably only meant for a single person. I like to think of as a sort of Special Forces AT-ST.

Have you seen this video on this subject?

I would almost give them a pass for the AT-ST in Rogue One because equipment could be in testing for years until they are fully deployed. I could totally see the Empire, like the US military for example, field testing advanced designs in small numbers. Not to mention that Scariff is directly involved removing crystals from Jedha, and Scariff is involved with design, so it's entirely possible they do some testing there. So I wouldn't be surprised if they had the next model AT-ST available there to deploy.

My daughter's boyfriend bought this with his Christmas money:
1636499344-75313_Box1_v29.jpg

It's pretty cool but $800 cool?! Not by my standards.
I thought $150 was pricey when I got the electronic AT-AT for my kid over ten years ago but she still has it.
IMG_7467.jpg

(She found the other gun after taking the picture to taunt her BF)

View attachment 1534269
I thought $150 was pricey when I got the electronic AT-AT for my kid over ten years ago but she still has it.
View attachment 1534271
Yeah, $800 is too steep for me. Plus if you want to fill all 40 seats..... I'll stick with my smaller one. Which hits all the spots. Sand blue seats, speederbike in the back, E-web blaster, Luke dangling underneath.

View attachment 1534269
View attachment 1534271
The lightsaber that comes with is it awesome!

The video on the new TIE fighter design. It shows more of the Disney-era trend that I have been bringing up. They have been on a mission to visibly alter most of the hardware & other IP in the franchise. The Falcon's new dish, Threepio's red arm, Tatooine became Jakku, etc.

They are only doing it when they can provide an in-universe explanation (so the old fans don't lash out). But this stuff has earthly motives. This is a legal rights IP thing.

The Falcon's dish replacement made sense since it was lost in RotJ and at least it did have the round one back in TRoS. I agree with the others. I particularly disliked the "reverse color" black TIE fighters with light grey solar panels. That never made much sense to me, especially since they appeared to be otherwise identical to the OT fighters 30 years earlier, excepting the "spec ops" version or whatever that was.

I remember at the time, myself and several of my friends were confused at what had just happened. We didn’t catch the Hosnian name and were like “…did they just blow up Coruscant…?”

I remember at the time, myself and several of my friends were confused at what had just happened. We didn’t catch the Hosnian name and were like “…did they just blow up Coruscant…?”
Makes me wonder if Lucasfilm had or has plans for Coruscant, during this period, and that's why they didn't want to blown up? I personally think I would have rather seen Coruscant in TFA.

Makes me wonder if Lucasfilm had or has plans for Coruscant, during this period, and that's why they didn't want to blown up? I personally think I would have rather seen Coruscant in TFA.

Same here. I initially thought it was a ballsy move to have it in TFA and was disappointed when I later found out it was instead just another city planet that was the capital of the Republic. It was also confusing as presented in the movie because there was no explanation as to why Coruscant wasn't the capital. I know there was supplemental material explaining the new system of rotating capital locations but a movie goer shouldn't have to rely on that. Frankly, I was surprised Coruscant wasn't in the ST at all.

Further down in the Twitter thread. Pablo Hidalgo says this. "That and the only reason the trilogy seemed to come into existence was to sell the company."

We've all talked about whether or not the Sequels needed to exist. Or should exist. I think it's interesting, that the only reason they exist was because George wanted to sell Lucasfilm and wanted to sweeten the deal. I mean from 2002, 2003, onwards there's no Sequels. I think that last time George mentions 9 films is sometime around 2002. From then on, he always refers to the 6 films as being 'it'. The whole story, it isn't until 2012, that George suddenly resurrects the idea of the Sequels.

Yeah, I had heard it speculated that he had started the ball rolling just to sweeten the deal. What's interesting to me is that Pablo is openly talking about this stuff at all. Doesn't seem particularly flattering. Does he no longer work for LFL? Seems like LFL employees usually keep opinions on the inner workings to themselves.

I dunno. Disney didn't need to be told there was sequel potential. They would've made them whether GL had anything in the hopper or not.
And since they dumped his plans anyway, they didn't seem to have sweetened the deal even if they were intended to.

"Hey, I'll sell you these 3 acres, I already had a driveway poured for you to get you started on building a house."
"We're going to have the house on the opposite side of the property but thanks anyway for the driveway we're never going use."

I dunno. Disney didn't need to be told there was sequel potential. They would've made them whether GL had anything in the hopper or not.
And since they dumped his plans anyway, they didn't seem to have sweetened the deal even if they were intended to.

"Hey, I'll sell you these 3 acres, I already had a driveway poured for you to get you started on building a house."
"We're going to have the house on the opposite side of the property but thanks anyway for the driveway we're never going use."

Well, if I'm not mistaken, George had already gotten Mark, Carrie, and Harrison on board. It might've been worth something to Disney to already have assurances they were willing to come back.

Yeah, I had heard it speculated that he had started the ball rolling just to sweeten the deal. What's interesting to me is that Pablo is openly talking about this stuff at all. Doesn't seem particularly flattering. Does he no longer work for LFL? Seems like LFL employees usually keep opinions on the inner workings to themselves.
Pablo has for awhile, voiced what he liked and didn't like. He says he prefers those films that have been developed Lucasfilm, internally, like TLJ and Rogue One and Solo. He's said that those films developed at Bad Robot are lower down on his list. He's indicated that there may have been some friction between Bad Robot and Lucasfilm. But I don't think that's completely uncommon. I'm sure both parties had things they wanted, and compromises had to be made.

Pablo has for awhile, voiced what he liked and didn't like. He says he prefers those films that have been developed Lucasfilm, internally, like TLJ and Rogue One and Solo. He's said that those films developed at Bad Robot are lower down on his list. He's indicated that there may have been some friction between Bad Robot and Lucasfilm. But I don't think that's completely uncommon. I'm sure both parties had things they wanted, and compromises had to be made.
Pablo is low down my list…

Not necessarily. George could have easily put in the contract, that they weren't allowed to make any more Saga films. George said this in 2008.

"I’ve left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no 'Episodes VII-IX'. That’s because there isn’t any story. I mean, I never thought of anything! The 'Star Wars' story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story."

But here's George in 2012, not only selling Lucasfilm, but giving his blessing, in making episodes VII, VIII, and IX. That's not something you pass up, particularly if you're Disney.

What's really funny is his so called Sequel "plans" he shared in his interview for the "Star Wars Archives" book for the Prequels. He says his plan involved Darth Maul, and that's why he brought him back in The Clone Wars.....yeah sure George.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back