I think I would have liked to see the Star Cruiser experience actually be more like a mall+Disney Quest style experiences. Then for the top dollar fans there would be an exclusive block of hotel rooms to stay on-site. All of it would be framed as a space station instead of the luxury space liner they’re going for. Day use guests could park at adjacent parking and then take the “shuttles” up to the station.

The station would have multiple layers (floors) with various social groups being represented. Scum and villainy on the lower levels, high class entertainment above, Resistance plot surrounding the docks where XYZ spaceship is berthed.

The center atrium would have a heavily filtered skylight “solar projector” that helps to keep some of the claustrophobia at bay.

I guess now that I think of it my idea sounds like what I understand Great Wolf Lodge to be (I’ve never been) but to me there’s a lot of value in not having to be locked in to the experience due to personal/family responsibilities. I’m much more likely to secure childcare for an evening vs dragging very young children into this expensive immersive hotel.

If you want a neat Star Wars cruise experience, go read the Brian Daley Han Solo novels. I forget which one, but there's a pretty good pirate attack on a SW cruise liner. And I'm only half kidding.

Oh, random SW question, but the other day this popped into my head. Do we know how much money Padme (her family?) is worth? I don't recall ever reading it, but she has an expensive Coruscant penthouse and then her family has a regular house and a lake house. I would guess being a powerful senator would get you some status, but I doubt it would get you the penthouse she has! I Googled it and one thing suggests her family is an old Naboo family with a lot of money, but I read a lot of the old EU and never really heard anything like that.

If you want a neat Star Wars cruise experience, go read the Brian Daley Han Solo novels. I forget which one, but there's a pretty good pirate attack on a SW cruise liner. And I'm only half kidding.
*lol* Just mentioned that a couple of my posts ago. ;) Han Solo's Revenge.

Oh, random SW question, but the other day this popped into my head. Do we know how much money Padme (her family?) is worth? I don't recall ever reading it, but she has an expensive Coruscant penthouse and then her family has a regular house and a lake house. I would guess being a powerful senator would get you some status, but I doubt it would get you the penthouse she has! I Googled it and one thing suggests her family is an old Naboo family with a lot of money, but I read a lot of the old EU and never really heard anything like that.
Not sure if the lake house is her family's only home or not. We never see where they live in TPM -- just the palace where she resides while serving as Queen. There's a lot that's been hinted at about the old Noble Houses, but it seems like Naboo was deliberately trying to move away from that. The penthouse on Coruscant was covered by the government of Naboo, not the Naberrie family. Ditto her ships as both Queen and Senator.

WorldClassBullshitters - Dead Rancor Storage Born of Blood Comic Launch Santa Inc. Spider-Man ...png

WorldClassBullshitters - Dead Rancor Storage Born of Blood Comic Launch Santa Inc. Spider-Man ...png

Well said!

I fondly remember saving my allowance, hoping for a trip to Penny's, Sears, Zayre, or Lionel Playworld to pick up carded SW figures for $1.99 each. I remember seeing the Death Sar Droid for sale at a strip mall tourist shop in Fort Lauderdale for $4.99 and thought "What a rip-off!!"

Got the pair of C3P0 and R2-D2 first, then Vader from Penny's and Obi-Wan from Sears (had to have a duel!)

For those here not in their 5th decade, you youngins have to know there was NO internet, NO Amazon, NO cable TV, NO social media. NO hyper analysis video of movies/comics/toys available 24/7 on YouTube. And really, there was NO critical analysis of toys at the time. You only saw TV advertisements, work-in SW posters and glasses at Burger King and Burger Chef, MAYBE some magazines (comics), and whatever you happened to glimpse in the Toy Aisle when your mom had to stop by K-Mart for a new mop.

You were ALWAYS anticipating the next reveal, it was never spoiled.

This video will give you a little insight into what the times were like back then...

I don't know if it's because times have changed, or everyone I know now just has more money than my parents did when I was a kid, but every kid I know now has a whole room full of toys. For me, getting a new toy was a BIG deal. The beauty of Star Wars action figures was that you could get just one every other month or so without breaking my parents bank. I treasured them.

Was thinking about them just last night.

Best character with the worst action figure: Obi wan. The plastic cape died within minutes of playing with it and he looked dumb without the cape. Also...old dude. Fine for playing Star Wars, but he did very poorly when I used the figures for bath time, wrestling, or to play football. (I never found out if other kids did that or not, but I lined them all up and played out games with them).

Worst character with best action figure: AT AT driver. I originally thought of Boba Fett, but then I remembered this guy. Did literally nothing in any movie, but the action figure SHINED. By play rules, the helmet meant he could breathe underwater which made him a very powerful bathtub figure. He was also dressed for football, and at wrestling the armor protected him and he had substantial shoulders.

included photos, but the guns and lightsabers never seemed to stay around long. Too easily lost.

Attachments

• starwarsvintageatdriver__13982.1611542125.jpeg
    starwarsvintageatdriver__13982.1611542125.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 34
  • m35843796426_1.jpeg
    m35843796426_1.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 39
I watched about five minutes of the Goldberg's and had to shut it off. I don't even recall if this actor showed up in what I saw, but his phony enthusiasm for this "cruise" really has solidified my stance to not bother giving that show another chance.
Only watched the episode with the delorean

I actually love the Goldbergs. I admit it.

I also hated it at first, just kept watching out of boredom, but eventually it won me over. It IS over the top. WAY over the top. You will get zero realism in this show, but what makes it enjoyable is that it deals so lovingly with nerd culture. Shows like Big Bang Theory always felt like they were mocking their interests as the main thing that held them back from ever finding happiness. In Goldbergs, Adams nerdy interests are treated like the most interesting thing about him and the thing that will ultimately lead to him finding success.

But the best part for me was the end of the Ferris Bueller episode. The sister ends up at the police station, just like in the movie, and the Charlie Sheen character is played by Charlie Sheen. As he leaves he asks why no one has helped him yet, feels like he's been waiting there for thirty years.

Also, the episode where they start a Highlander club at school and need a teacher to sponsor it, they get the shop teacher, played by Clancy Brown.

*lol* Just mentioned that a couple of my posts ago. ;) Han Solo's Revenge.

Not sure if the lake house is her family's only home or not. We never see where they live in TPM -- just the palace where she resides while serving as Queen. There's a lot that's been hinted at about the old Noble Houses, but it seems like Naboo was deliberately trying to move away from that. The penthouse on Coruscant was covered by the government of Naboo, not the Naberrie family. Ditto her ships as both Queen and Senator.

They did show her family house in a cutscene, but it's had to tell how fancy/expensive it is compared to other Naboo houses, because we haven't seen any. I also thought that maybe the lake house was govt. property as well, but she makes some comment about going there in the Summer, which suggests to me, at least compared to the real world, that it's a family property.

I don't know if it's because times have changed, or everyone I know now just has more money than my parents did when I was a kid, but every kid I know now has a whole room full of toys. For me, getting a new toy was a BIG deal. The beauty of Star Wars action figures was that you could get just one every other month or so without breaking my parents bank. I treasured them.

Was thinking about them just last night.

Best character with the worst action figure: Obi wan. The plastic cape died within minutes of playing with it and he looked dumb without the cape. Also...old dude. Fine for playing Star Wars, but he did very poorly when I used the figures for bath time, wrestling, or to play football. (I never found out if other kids did that or not, but I lined them all up and played out games with them).

Worst character with best action figure: AT AT driver. I originally thought of Boba Fett, but then I remembered this guy. Did literally nothing in any movie, but the action figure SHINED. By play rules, the helmet meant he could breathe underwater which made him a very powerful bathtub figure. He was also dressed for football, and at wrestling the armor protected him and he had substantial shoulders.

included photos, but the guns and lightsabers never seemed to stay around long. Too easily lost.

I think I lost the capes to all my figures, though I was really young when I got my first SW figures, like 3 years old in 1980. I might have had the cape for Vader, but the skirt for the Snowtrooper was lost or ripped pretty quickly. I barely recall if I took any in the bathtub, though I know I did with Boba Fett (he looked like he had a scuba tank to me) and of course Walrusman. Otherwise I can't remember any. I think I took GI JOES in the tub more than anything because a lot of them looked like divers and then of course I had some that were divers.

They did show her family house in a cutscene, but it's had to tell how fancy/expensive it is compared to other Naboo houses, because we haven't seen any. I also thought that maybe the lake house was govt. property as well, but she makes some comment about going there in the Summer, which suggests to me, at least compared to the real world, that it's a family property.
The impression I get from that cut sequence, as she's showing Anakin the mementos in her room, etc., is that that's home. It felt, to me, like when she was in school, it was a boarding school, and "going to the lake house in the summer" was going home at end-of-term. I can't point to anything concrete, but that was my takeaway when I saw it.

The impression I get from that cut sequence, as she's showing Anakin the mementos in her room, etc., is that that's home. It felt, to me, like when she was in school, it was a boarding school, and "going to the lake house in the summer" was going home at end-of-term. I can't point to anything concrete, but that was my takeaway when I saw it.
the lake house is probably private property. She says shegoes out there so her family likely owns the property.

Padme was queen so she likely comes from old Naboo money, being able to afford the education necessary to learn how to be queen and the finances to run for Queen (it seems to be democratically elected despite the name).

I think the Coruscant penthouse is likely senator lodging. Senetors must be paid a ton, being representatives for a whole planet in the galactic senate. No idea how much Palpatine earns but he probably earns alot too (Padme is definitely like a UN representative equivalent while vallorum/palpatine was UN secretary general).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back