This one comes a cool piece of concept art. Doug Chiang envisioned Artoo opening up like a swiss army knife. It honestly makes more sense, particularly how he fits in the N-1 Starfighter.

I always thought this was an interesting ship design choice. They knew what they were working with, so why not work around it instead of retconning?

Padme was queen so she likely comes from old Naboo money, being able to afford the education necessary to learn how to be queen and the finances to run for Queen (it seems to be democratically elected despite the name).
I don't know how much of this made it into the actual script, and what's from other sources. I seem to remember it being talked about in the deleted lake house sequence, but it's been ages since I watched. I don't know if it was only a sector of society, or everyone-everyone, but she was talked about the boy she liked in her government classes, that everyone had to participate in the process and learn how it works. While in school, they run for and are elected to public office. Which is why she was Queen so young.

You guys were paying attention to anything they did on Naboo? Any time I rewatch I’m just struggling not to turn it off at that point
Which is a shame because, apart from all the horribly-scripted "flirting" that's where we got the one good glimpse into Anakin's motivations. Where they're talking about how frustrated he is at the political deadlock, things someone should sit all the senators down until they agree on something, and then do it. She says that's what they try to do in the senate, but there are so many contradicting philosophies and moralities it's hard to reach consensus -- or even majority. And he says well then someone should make them agree. She asks if he means him. He laughs that off and says no, but someone -- someone wise. She says that sounds like a dictatorship. He's looking at the grass and says, "Whatever works..." Then realizes what he said and looks at her and tries to brush it off as a joke. But right there we get a glimpse of what he's willing to do to be allowed to act.

Oh I totally get the bad cringey dialogue, but I still like them despite that. I thought the Prequel locations were really well done. I actually remember their names and the only thing I can remember from the Sequels is Jakku. Of course I would guess that unless you grew up with the OT and weren't into it, I'm sure people would also, and did so, say the dialogue is cringey. I think a small part (other than that it it is cringey) is that most of us were adults when we saw the PT.

I always thought this was an interesting ship design choice. They knew what they were working with, so why not work around it instead of retconning?
And when you look at the concept art for the ship, none of them allow for the body of the droid. They're all far too narrow. It might have been more interesting to have the droid be one unit with starfighter, kind of like they did with Obi-Wan's Delta 7 in AOTC. Then maybe at the end of the film or in episode 2, Artoo gets a body. I mean after saving the Queen's ship, he basically doesn't do anything of note. They could have had another random Astromech save the ship. Then introduce Artoo later. Think of it. Have Anakin jump in the ship. And the Astromech that's apart of the ship introduces himself Artoo Deetooo. Then in AOTC we find out he's since then been removed from the ship and given a body. Maybe he's in Padmé's ship, and it gets damaged on the landing platform. So they salvage him, and put in a body.

I like that it's different than previous SW [game] trailers.
I'm slightly curious.
Not too sure given the creator is Quantic Dream. The game is going to be their bread and butter game movies where you can “make choices” but follow one set path. The team is great in that they can produce very beautiful games.

My bigger issue is the director is the JJ Abrams of video games. His storytelling is heavy-handed with stupid twists that undermined the entire point of the story.

Spoilers

Their latest game Detroit become Human is basically about the conflict between “enslaved” robots who gain sentience and their human masters with a not subtle nod to slavery and racism against minorities. One of the driving factors of the story is that one of the main characters (Kara) bonds and takes care of a human little girl, both showing that robots can love and that peaceful human-robot relations can exist. This is further reinforced by the fact that other robots also care and prioritize the little girl over their own well-being.

But plot twist, turns out the human girl is actually also a robot as well. So its not robots caring for humans but just robots caring for their own. Nevermind the fact that it doesnt make sense in its own setting, it undermines the big theme the game was going for.

Its also not the first time their “twist” ruined their story either. Their other big project, Heavy Rain which is about a father whose son is kidnapped and has to go through some saw-like trials to get him back has another twist that opens plot holes in the story. In the game, you play as several characters, including the detective on the case. Turns out, the detective is the actual killer who kidnapped the son. This opens up plot holes within the story itself and some previous sequences just dont make sense.

The game is definitely going to be a work of art from a visual perspective but its likely also going to have some silly twist.

JJ Abrams type? I'm good, thanks.
I would say worse. The director David Cage is a video game director who wants to be a Hollywood film director imo.

He doesnt really have an appreciation for games given the fact that he thinks video game stories just explore being a good guy beating the bad guy which has never been true.

His games arnt even point and click adventures like old LucasArts monkey island but more interactive choose your own adventure. To improve his games, he hired directors from Hollywood and released his games to film festivals.

The team who works with him is very capable. Detroit become Human is an amazingly beautiful game and the trailer for this new Star Wars game is also beautiful. But I wouldnt be surprised if Cage thought this was his chance to get an in with Hollywood to show his stuff so its definitely not leaving the writers/director seat.

The team is really good though and I do wish they worked for a more game focused company like Platinum games or CDPR.

Curious to see more of this, Quantic Dream games are always interesting, at the very least. Even if they are usually flawed in some way and don’t always succeed in what they’re trying to achieve.

This had been rumored for a while, with a bit more detail than what the trailer itself showed:
The Star Wars game is purportedly different from Quantic Dream's other, quick-time event games such as Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human. The game will, instead, have more traditional action-adventure gameplay, with an open-world environment, and multiplayer elements.
Should be nice to see something different from them for once, if that’s true.

And lol, I think video games are inarguably in a better state (as far as quality, breadth and depth of experiences, etc) than they were a decade or two (or three) ago, but I’ll leave it at that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back