What are you doing on here!? Get some sleep man! :p
That sounds like my schedule right about now. You in accounting?

Nah I’m a Machinist currently working nights the last few years cause of school, and them student loans unfortunately ain’t gonna pay themselves. (Hence my posting at all odd hours of the day :lol:)
Hopefully that’ll change soon, but just working a crap ton of overtime atm

It will be really interesting in the years to come to see what comes out about the behind the scenes handling/planning of the Disney StarWars saga. Whether the total mishandling of the franchise to date largely falls on KK, or if it was even largely out of her hands and rather her own boss Bob Iger being the one to blame with what is coming out concerning his total souless gutting of the Disney company we all grew up with; turning it into the soulless corporate monster that makes the cheapest designed flimsy product it can while aiming to bring in them China dollars
Its all just very odd given some of the titles KK has under her belt is all I’m saying. Then again, everybody royally screws up every now and then

I'm no Kennedy hater, but I'd totally want to see Favreau in a position of more clout and authority in the handling of the SW cinematic galaxy/universe.

Same here. I think Kennedy's tenure has been...fine. Not great, but decent. I think she's had some real management debacles, but also some successes.

At least as far as who their head creative visionary is, I think Favreau could be great, but so could Filioni. Both of those guys "get" Star Wars, in my opinion.

I know it's gonna ruffle feathers, but I think Rian Johnson "gets" Star Wars, too, and sees the risk posed by stagnation. I'm really hoping they still go with his trilogy because I'd like to see what else he could/would do with the franchise.

The way I see it, "Star Wars" is essentially a setting in which you can tell a ton of stories. There are so many more, and more interesting, directions that you can take the franchise than just endlessly reiterating the OT. I think Johnson understands this really well, and tried pushing the envelope, but his vision really did not mesh with JJ's more "I'm just gonna do what Lucas did, only embiggened" approach. I think there can be a place for that, too (although I hope it would be handled better from a storytelling perspective), but Star Wars needs to evolve, and I think Johnson understands that.

Came to post a screenshot from this. They did a really nice job on the lightsaber flicker; Luke’s had a cool OT feel to it. The rest of the swords in the movie seemed too static to me. They’re supposed to flicker and undulate and all that.

Great green. Makes me sad we didn’t get to see older Luke like many hoped.

Attachments

• F6103448-AF8D-4184-AF32-81180CC94491.png
    F6103448-AF8D-4184-AF32-81180CC94491.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 119

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back