So another panel from that comic. Um, so, when did Obi-Wan start wearing black gloves?
View attachment 1253433

This is either a new character or perhaps, its Lor San Tekka?

It's painfully obvious the artists are using models for the art. So the saber happen to flip it's clamp and lose it's card?

I cannot get myself to read the Vader comics even though I wanted to as he is my favorite fictional character. But the model they used for most of the panels is the old Sideshow ROTJ figure with the horribly inaccurate helmet sculpt. Then there are the few panels that use actual film shots for different angles and closeups. It can't see past it, Vader's image is very important.

It's painfully obvious the artists are using models for the art. So the saber happen to flip it's clamp and lose it's card?

I cannot get myself to read the Vader comics even though I wanted to as he is my favorite fictional character. But the model they used for most of the panels is the old Sideshow ROTJ figure with the horribly inaccurate helmet sculpt. Then there are the few panels that use actual film shots for different angles and closeups. It can't see past it, Vader's image is very important.

I can’t disagree. However I’m also OK with some artistic license if deliberate and consistent. I rather like the Ralph McQuire homage to Vader’s helmet in the Rebels cartoon.

There was a short story in the "Tales" comic series that I had as a high school kid called "Dark Woman" or something. Was about Vader hunting down a Jedi. The whole thing was pretty well drawn but there were 2 or 3 panels where movie stills were used and it was so damn jarring.
On the Sideshow figure...isn't it frustrating that sculptors can capture the likeness of actors pretty damn well but Vader's helmet always seems wrong sans a couple of good figures?

I'm going to be honest, that's about he best the Graflex has ever looked in comic form. It's normally so misshapen. And I seem to recall a comic that used the 'Skinnyflex' o_O

Brace yourselves, we’re changing topics just a bit...

What do you suppose happened to Anakin’s amputated legs and arm? Do you think Palpatine brought all the pieces along with Anakin’s body when he went off to fix him up, and then discovered that the limbs were no longer viable? Or are there limbs (or eventually just some charred boots with bones inside) laying around somewhere on Mustafar? I seem to remember that lightsaber wounds cauterize instantly... so wouldn’t there have been a chance to save them?

I realize that the place they were in was not quite the sterile, chilled environment that would make them “keep,” but still...:lol:

edit: appears someone asked this on Reddit years ago. The consensus was that they all fell directly into the lava. Carry on....:lol:

Last edited:

What do you suppose happened to Anakin’s amputated legs and arm? Do you think Palpatine brought all the pieces along with Anakin’s body when he went off to fix him up, and then discovered that the limbs were no longer viable? Or are there limbs (or eventually just some charred boots with bones inside) laying around somewhere on Mustafar? I seem to remember that lightsaber wounds cauterize instantly... so wouldn’t there have been a chance to save them?

I realize that the place they were in was not quite the sterile, chilled environment that would make them “keep,” but still...:lol:

edit: appears someone asked this on Reddit years ago. The consensus was that they all fell directly into the lava. Carry on....:lol:
That's a story for another time.

Dammit now I have to go back and watch the movie to see if they were still sitting there! :lol: I assumed they burned up, but maybe they are there in the movie.

Here's something... Since Snoke, a Palpy clone, was able to force skype. Shouldn't Palps have been able to do that with Vader in ESB? Thereby negating the need to move out of the asteroid field to send a clear transmission?
We don't know that Snoke can communicate telepathically. He just helped Ben and Rey to be able to. But we never see Snoke communicating in that fashion. Plus Rey and Ben see each other through the Force after Snoke is dead. So they realize that their connections wasn't just him.

Also, Snoke isn't a of Palpatine. He made him, but he's not a clone if him.

Secondly, like 99% of the Empire doesn't know that the Emperor is Force sensitive or that he's a Sith. The Emperor "magically" being able to communicate with Vader, would have gotten rumors started. But nobody thinks twice about the Emperor communicating via hologram.

On the Sideshow figure...isn't it frustrating that sculptors can capture the likeness of actors pretty damn well but Vader's helmet always seems wrong sans a couple of good figures?

Definitely. I don't know why they aren't scanning the helmet at this point, like they do with the actors.

Here's something... Since Snoke, a Palpy clone, was able to force skype. Shouldn't Palps have been able to do that with Vader in ESB? Thereby negating the need to move out of the asteroid field to send a clear transmission?
SHHHH Don’t question it. Just eat your slop
I think its pretty clear that Rian had very little actual investment in the world the OT created and, and rather wanted to do his own film while tying in some of the more fantastical CW/Rebels route with force powers... F they even time travel in Rebels.. :rolleyes:ugghh

We don't know that Snoke can communicate telepathically. He just helped Ben and Rey to be able to. But we never see Snoke communicating in that fashion. Plus Rey and Ben see each other through the Force after Snoke is dead. So they realize that their connections wasn't just him.

Also, Snoke isn't a of Palpatine. He made him, but he's not a clone if him.

Secondly, like 99% of the Empire doesn't know that the Emperor is Force sensitive or that he's a Sith. The Emperor "magically" being able to communicate with Vader, would have gotten rumors started. But nobody thinks twice about the Emperor communicating via hologram.

I think thats a bit of a stretch dude.. That entire conversation between Vader and The Emperor in ESB is riddled with dialog that heavily implies the Emperor is a evil force user. Like idk how you could watch that scene and not extrapolate that from it
We still know literally almost nothing about Snoke save now that he was created by the Emperor.. or his followers.. or whatever..
******, we don’t even get clear answers as to if Palps body in TROS is the same one from ROTJ, or if he himself is some weird clone (why would he be old then?) Just some garbage throwaway line from Meriadoc Brandybuck saying something he has piss all qualifications to know what he’s talking about...

Edit: NM I’m a tard and read Jokers post wrong like a total jackasso_O

Last edited:
SHHHH Don’t question it. Just eat your slop
I think its pretty clear that Rian had very little actual investment in the world the OT created and, and rather wanted to do his own film while tying in some of the more fantastical CW/Rebels route with force powers... F they even time travel in Rebels.. :rolleyes:ugghh

I think thats a bit of a stretch dude.. That entire conversation between Vader and The Emperor in ESB is riddled with dialog that heavily implies the Emperor is a evil force user. Like idk how you could watch that scene and not extrapolate that from it

You clearly didn't read my comment.... :confused: cause that's not what I said.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back