I had saw the article about a random person apparently caught Luke's saber in the fight with Vader....kinda weird.
I was also wondering...and I'm sure its been talked about here somewhere a bunch, but not going to go through a 1000 pages to find where...but...
In the Last jedi, Anakin's/Luke's/Rey's saber was pulled apart, yet in Rise of Skywalker is perfect again....
So I'm guessing its 3 things.

1. Its a totally different saber that looks similar.
2. Rey fixed it.
3. Disney- "What? It was never damaged, we have no idea what you mean."

Wondering what the official word on that is.

I had saw the article about a random person apparently caught Luke's saber in the fight with Vader....kinda weird.
I was also wondering...and I'm sure its been talked about here somewhere a bunch, but not going to go through a 1000 pages to find where...but...
In the Last jedi, Anakin's/Luke's/Rey's saber was pulled apart, yet in Rise of Skywalker is perfect again....
So I'm guessing its 3 things.

1. Its a totally different saber that looks similar.
2. Rey fixed it.
3. Disney- "What? It was never damaged, we have no idea what you mean."

Wondering what the official word on that is.

Rey fixed it.

Was it ever determined what we see fall into the depths of Bespin once Luke comes out the hatch and grabs onto the vane? I had always thought it was meant to be his hand and lightsaber spinning away. Unfortunately it's just a blurry blob on screen, but it had always been my assumption that's what it was showing us.

1580381005528.png

Was it ever determined what we see fall into the depths of Bespin once Luke comes out the hatch and grabs onto the vane? I had always thought it was meant to be his hand and lightsaber spinning away. Unfortunately it's just a blurry blob on screen, but it had always been my assumption that's what it was showing us.

View attachment 1252392

That would mean his hand and lightsaber where with him in that tube?

That would mean his hand and lightsaber where with him in that tube?

Indeed, and you certainly don't see them there as he's sliding down. Plus, what would the odds be of it falling into the same tube?

That's why I always wondered what that object was supposed to be.

I figured it was the hand and lightsaber because symbolically that would show him losing part of himself that he would never get back, and that it was an effect they only added after filming was complete. Who knows?

Oh no. That's just stupid. Why would he? To force Luke to craft his own? To fill a plot hole created by TFA?

Did Force ghost Obi-wan deliver it to Maz Kanata? Or is that another story for another time that will never be told?
I mever understood why this is considered a plot hole. Lightsaber fell in Bespin, 40 years later resurfaces. So? It's not that integral to the plot how it was recovered. If Maz Kanata bought it fro an ugnaut it wouldn't change the story. It makes sense to explain how Han LOST the Millenium Falcon but I never had any issue with the lightsaber.

Whaaaaaahhht?

Oh no. That's just stupid. Why would he? To force Luke to craft his own? To fill a plot hole created by TFA?

Did Force ghost Obi-wan deliver it to Maz Kanata? Or is that another story for another time that will never be told?

Glad I’m not the only one to feel this way... so where does it go from here? We don’t need this explained.. someone found it in the trash, that’s good enough.. I don’t get it any more I just don’t

I mever understood why this is considered a plot hole. Lightsaber fell in Bespin, 40 years later resurfaces. So? It's not that integral to the plot how it was recovered. If Maz Kanata bought it fro an ugnaut it wouldn't change the story. It makes sense to explain how Han LOST the Millenium Falcon but I never had any issue with the lightsaber.
You're correct, it's not a plot hole, just untold story. I just dont particularly like this bit of the story.

It doesn’t, but the costume, and light blue tint clearly hints towards it being him

And "follow your destiny"? Sounds like Obi-wan to me.

New canon has obiwan catching the graflex from the fall on bespin

View attachment 1252914

I’m sorry, but that image is so retcon-stupid that it fits perfectly into the NEW Star Wars Lore. :lol:

It was so much better that the loss of the saber represented the hubris of Luke’s crushing defeat in Empire. It was perfect that the saber was lost and presumed destroyed. Well, not if Disney has anything to say about it and it can be “Forced” into the new trilogy to try to bestow some sense of symbolism, gravitas, and destiny onto their new main character.

2C079A32-3996-476C-8C90-37BB8198562B.jpeg

Follow the money, little lightsaber. Follow the money...

Uh, wait, I meant, follow YOUR DESTINY. You know? It makes sense, right? From a ‘certain point of view’ and all that stuff? Yes, follow your destiny....”

I assume that ornery old Obi-Wan took a page from “Paddle To The Sea” and threw the saber hilt into the celestial depths with a note attached to it that read as follows:

“I am ‘Rey’s Lightsaber’. If you have found me, please throw me back into the icy depths of space—unless you have eyes shaped like a digestive orifice and you own a bar or tavern. In that case, please put me in a box and leave me for a story to be told another time.”

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back