Palpatine in ROTJ is the "original" Palpatine. His clone body is the one on Exegol. But the process doesn't work out quite right. And the body pretty much "dies." So he's in this weird zombie like state. Not quite alive. Not quite dead. I wish they had left that one of this exchange they cut out.
"You're a clone." - Kylo
"More then a clone. Less then a man." - Palpatine

is this true? or something up made up?

is this true? or something up made up?
According to Ian, it's true. He said that he and Adam even filmed it. I think the editor mentioned that there was more stuff that made it very clear that Palpatine was a clone, that was cut out.

On one hand I wished they had left it all in. On the other hand, it's kinda fun to theorize, and have your own head canon about things. And that's probably what they didn't want to take away?

Sidebar from our routinely scheduled Sequel Trilogy discussion. I’m reading the new-canon book Alphabet Squadron and there’s a character in it that is effectively a mummy (wears bandage/wrap clothing, has a masked face, smells of spices) and in the most George Lucas way they’re named Kairos.

According to Ian, it's true. He said that he and Adam even filmed it. I think the editor mentioned that there was more stuff that made it very clear that Palpatine was a clone, that was cut out.

On one hand I wished they had left it all in. On the other hand, it's kinda fun to theorize, and have your own head canon about things. And that's probably what they didn't want to take away?
I would have really liked to see that on screen

Sidebar from our routinely scheduled Sequel Trilogy discussion. I’m reading the new-canon book Alphabet Squadron and there’s a character in it that is effectively a mummy (wears bandage/wrap clothing, has a masked face, smells of spices) and in the most George Lucas way they’re named Kairos.

That's still Shakespeare level writing next to that thing with the Geodo character!

You can't seriously believe that a writing team (especially at this level of corporate control) intentionally decided to leave out important story elements so the audience could imagine whatever they wanted. That's something you'd see on a Simpsons episode. I'm not trying to bash on the ST, I know plenty of people enjoy it but don't delude yourself about how it was made.

You can't seriously believe that a writing team (especially at this level of corporate control) intentionally decided to leave out important story elements so the audience could imagine whatever they wanted. That's something you'd see on a Simpsons episode. I'm not trying to bash on the ST, I know plenty of people enjoy it but don't delude yourself about how it was made.
I mean I do. They filmed this stuff. But then they chose to be ambiguous with it all.

“It was kind of a delicate balance and went back and forth a lot about how much we wanted to reveal,” Brandon said about Palpatine’s return. “Some scenes changed quite a bit, the way that we wanted to present it to the audience. In the end, we ended up showing a lot less of it than we started with.”

I mean the context clues are still there. Palpatine saying he's died before. Palpatine's body doesn't have his twisted dark side disfigurement he has in ROTS or ROTJ. He looks more like he did when he was senator, albeit zombified. Palpatine applauding the cultists for making his new body.

But the whole thing is way more ambiguous then overly stating "Your a clone."

It's kinda like the whole First Order, New Republic,. Resistance stuff in TFA. They wrote out the whole backstory as to why galaxy is in the state it is. They just chose not to include in the film. Not overtly. There's a couple clues, but it's pretty ambiguous.

I mean I do. They filmed this stuff. But then they chose to be ambiguous with it all.

“It was kind of a delicate balance and went back and forth a lot about how much we wanted to reveal,” Brandon said about Palpatine’s return. “Some scenes changed quite a bit, the way that we wanted to present it to the audience. In the end, we ended up showing a lot less of it than we started with.”

I mean the context clues are still there. Palpatine saying he's died before. Palpatine's body doesn't have his twisted dark side disfigurement he has in ROTS or ROTJ. He looks more like he did when he was senator, albeit zombified. Palpatine applauding the cultists for making his new body.

But the whole thing is way more ambiguous then overly stating "Your a clone."

It's kinda like the whole First Order, New Republic,. Resistance stuff in TFA. They wrote out the whole backstory as to why galaxy is in the state it is. They just chose not to include in the film. Not overtly. There's a couple clues, but it's pretty ambiguous.
What you call ambiguous I call sloppy writing and poorly constructed. Its' the result of post hoc rationalizing an existing story. If writers were concerned with preserving people's head canon nothing would have been written after RoTJ. That applies to George's prequels too! ;)

WOW! 287 pages... Surely it's been noticed before, but it's been bugging me over the weekend with the TNT marathon for their network premiere of Rise Of Skywalker...

Anyone else bothered by the scene in The Last Jedi where Luke has been hovering above the rock on Ahch-To while Force projecting himself to Crait, and we see him fall onto his bottom and roll onto his back, but not off of the rock. Then we see his hand come up to the rock (like Rey's hand had rested on it in The Force Awakens) and he's clearly on the ground behind the rock looking up over it, and yet in the next cut he's on top of the rock again on his bottom / back and sitting himself upright.

With the current talk about editing on this page, and what was included or purposely edited out... I think they shot several variations of Luke's after-projection effects on his physical condition. And they clearly combined two that were different variations... one where he fell straight down and sat up, and one where he fell down and off of the rock and had to climb back up to it.

I had hopes after TLJ that he had double projected himself and that he'd be alive in TROS, but him being a Force Ghost kinda killed that idea.

I will say "Kudos to JJ Abrams for having Luke catch the GRAFLEX and say 'A Jedi's weapon deserves more respect' and stickin' it to Ruin J." I always cheer when I here that line!

I WILL NOT PAY TO SEE ANY FUTURE STAR WARS FILMS THAT RUIN J. HAS ANY INVOLVEMENT IN.

I will pay for The Mandalorian Season 1 & 2 on Blu-Ray though. <--- Hello Disney, got your Mouse Ears on? Star Wars fans buy Blu-Ray / 4k just like we did VHS and DVD!

Things I won't pay for: streaming content, and TLJ on any medium. ;) This is the Way.

I will pay for The Mandalorian Season 1 & 2 on Blu-Ray though.

I hope that one day you get to see it, but most likely you'll have to buy a bootleg. You're not going to see an official release of any of the Disney+ exclusive content on physical media anytime soon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back