It's not the same thing. When they say a Jedi makes their own lightsaber, I imagine in most cases it's more them going to an armory and picking the parts and personalizing them, and then just putting the parts together. I doubt they are meditating while running a lathe and machining the whole thing. I think people are getting too annoyed over it.

Whether a Jedi makes their own lightsaber themself or has it commissioned seems like it should be a dealers choice type thing especially during eras when there were thousands of Jedi. But practically it makes sense that they all at least learn how to make one themself and have the skills to maintain, repair or replace it without having to go to a "sabersmith." I'm also all for easing up on lore to explain absolutely everything force related as it gets tedious and is unnecessary.

Lukes saber is perfect in green.

It's not the same thing. When they say a Jedi makes their own lightsaber, I imagine in most cases it's more them going to an armory and picking the parts and personalizing them, and then just putting the parts together. I doubt they are meditating while running a lathe and machining the whole thing. I think people are getting too annoyed over it.
Exactly. They used a number of pre-built parts, and constructed that around their crystal in accordance to their skill focus. It seems that Jedi largely based their lightsaber design on two things: the aesthetics of their master's lightsaber (when they're Padawans), and their chosen lightsaber form/position in the Order. I would figure it unlikely that a librarian like Jocasta Nu would have a lightsaber designed specifically for a combat role when she likely would never see combat.

It's less like a blacksmith shop and more like Savi's Workshop at Disney.

The mouth still doesn't look right and the voice sounds off. I mean it's great that they hired him, so in that regard I'm happy for him.

It's always the upper lip, if they can get that sorted out, they are golden.
This was a deep fake on top of a LFL attempt, imagine if Shamook was able to use the original actor to work his magic upon

J

Anybody wish Luke's lightsaber had stayed blue for Return of the Jedi? I think I still prefer the green myself but I love the way it looks on the poster and I always wonder if I would've liked it more had it been blue in the movie too.
I don't know what ILM did differently but the glow of that green saber is super unique to me and it just looks beautiful. The colour, the way it's animated, its flicker and the glow of it is very special and no other saber blade looked like that. Every green blade looks lame in the prequels compared to it (then again I think the prequel blades are lame in general anyway).

So gents what's the consensus on Boba's repainted helmet? Same color as his armor or no?
aWIBwzC.jpg

So gents what's the consensus on Boba's repainted helmet? Same color as his armor or no?

It certainly does appear to match now. The Sideshow figures seem to have it matched as well.

What I am wondering about is whether the jetpack was repainted or not. We see the jetpack switch to match the ESB paint scheme, clearly visible in the Book of Boba Fett post-credits teaser. Sideshow's repainted figures seem to show the patch (over the ROTJ damage) there, but I can't see any evidence of the patch being there on screen after the repaint.

So, did the same jetpack get repainted, or did Fett have the ESB pack around as a backup?

i like the new paint job, poor guys been rocking dirty armor for years, let him swag out for once
I'm still on the fence about the new paint job. I guess that I'm just so used to seeing his armor all pitted, chipped, and scratched that seeing it all (relatively) freshly painted just looks odd to me. It reminds of somebody who doesn't know the first thing about weathering a model and just paints in the appropriate colors but doesn't even give it a simple black wash.

I don't know what ILM did differently but the glow of that green saber is super unique to me and it just looks beautiful. The colour, the way it's animated, its flicker and the glow of it is very special and no other saber blade looked like that. Every green blade looks lame in the prequels compared to it (then again I think the prequel blades are lame in general anyway).

IIRC the blade animators were adding another pass of the green color right around the white blade. It did look great.

The flicker seemed more stable but not gone. I'm sure the flicker wasn't part of the original intent when they came up with the sabers in 1977 but it really helped the look. They looked "alive" in a way that a blade with perfect animation & motion blur does not.

IMO the flickering effects are the biggest remaining shortcoming of the LED sabers people make. The movie blades change their shape 24 times a second. I haven't seen any real-life setup that comes close to duplicating it.

Color-wise, I prefer the cyan blue color of ANH/ESB.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back