Carrie-Fisher-photoshoot-for-Rolling-Stone-1983-1.jpg

Millennium Falcon doesn't make sense either. Neither does The RazorCrest. They're all fictional names of fictional ships in a fictional movie series chosen because they sound slick and for no other reason. The fact that Lucasfilm suddenly feels the need to change Slave One's name after 40 years because it upsets a handful of fans who probably weren't even alive when Empire came out, is downright absurd.

Where were the petitions and protests by fans in 1980? Or is this just par for the course for Lucasfilm at this point? Will any of this help their dwindling toy sales with the name change? Will it help them unite the fractured fan base? I doubt it will make a lick of difference in either case and could very well have the opposite effect.

This is all just corporate nonsense to widen their customer base by appealing to people who feel every single aspect of escapist entertainment should align perfectly with their personal politics, which is totally unrealistic.

In ANH the Stormtrooper tells Vader "The Death Star plans are not in the main computer." Also, during the Yavin battle it is said "The Death Star will be in range in ___ minutes."

It's also in the scroll at the beginning.

If indeed that is what was being asked in the above posts. If not, pardon my post.

Last edited:
This seems like a very silly thing to get worked up about. Almost as silly as the rock character from the kids book that I don’t think anyone here actually read. Are these things stupid? Sure! Should you care? Probably not.

Call the ship whatever you want. Nobody is gonna stop you. It’s not like Disney is altering the OT by going back and dubbing over every time someone utters the words “slave one,” or something. They’re apparently not going to use a specific name anymore, that to my knowledge never was used in any of the films (or in the Mandalorian, as far as I remember).

If you like “Slave I,” call it that. Similarly, if you think the name “Ponda Baba” is stupid and you prefer “Walrus Man,” go for it. Hell, call him “Baboon Butt Chin Man,” because that’s more accurate.

Or, keep freaking out over every inconsequential thing that changes, I suppose. I’m sure there will be more, and the sorts of sites and youtubers who subsist off of fomenting silly outrage about this stuff will be more than happy that you clicked, once again.

The LEGO set has the The Mandalorian version of Slave 1, with minifigures of Djin Darin and old Boba Fett.
The Mandalorian has a new younger audience who might not be as invested in the Star Wars franchise as us old-timers are.
Therefore, I don't think it would be wrong to call it on the box whatever it was known as in that show, regardless of what actual name it has. AFAIK, it hasn't been changed or retconned or anything.

Last edited:
I disagree that it's inconsequential. Actions like these, minor as they may be, speak to a larger problem; that problem being these nonsensical attempts to win over a very small, very idiotic group of people. Normally I wouldn't care about whoever wants to pander to whom but when you start rewriting art or history, or sanitizing language to do it (even in the smallest of ways), it's wrong.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back