It's a Star Wars thread so...

My son & his wife just found out their new baby is actually gonna be twins. I declared them all disowned if they're not named Luke & Leia...

I have spoken.
Screenshot_20200430-205609.png

I love Star Wars but I could never name my kids after the characters. Just personal preference I guess. Those onesies are adorable!
Yeah... My daughter-in-law asked what is they're both boys or both girls. Told her it didn't matter, hence the "I have spoken".

Lol

Y'all know I'm kidding. I wouldn't put them through the incest jokes at school.

Advice required!

So my wife said that she wants to watch the OT for the first time this coming weekend... Anyone have any good strategies on how to have the best possible viewing experience?! One film for the weekend, then wait a week to let it sink in before watching the next? OR try to cram them all in?

We're stuck with using the D+ versions unfortunately. Also she has seen all the Disney films once in the cinema when they variously came out, so some of the twists/surprises have been pre-spoiled. While she did not like the sequels all that much, she did feel more drawn to the older cast which is a good sign I hope!

Advice required!

So my wife said that she wants to watch the OT for the first time this coming weekend... Anyone have any good strategies on how to have the best possible viewing experience?! One film for the weekend, then wait a week to let it sink in before watching the next? OR try to cram them all in?

We're stuck with using the D+ versions unfortunately. Also she has seen all the Disney films once in the cinema when they variously came out, so some of the twists/surprises have been pre-spoiled. While she did not like the sequels all that much, she did feel more drawn to the older cast which is a good sign I hope!

The original trilogy, unaltered pre-1997 if you have them. Start with ANH first, see how she takes it before ESB and ROTJ.

Advice required!

I think you might just want to go off of her reaction to the first one. If she feels she wants to watch ESB right away. Then by all means watch it right away!

Or even more importantly, newer fans who happen to love the OT and/or the prequel trilogy instead of the new stuff. Under the comments section for this video, and videos on the same topic on other channels, there's a lot of people who are posting who state what age they are and how they prefer the OT over the sequel trilogy (and a bulk of them are under 30 years old). Sounds more like Kennedy is trying to adhere to the "let the past die, kill it if you have to" mentality, even when the newer generations of fans appear to like the OT more than the new stuff.

I'm 28 and I'll take the OT over anything else Star Wars related. It's not really an age thing I just can tell the difference between quality and crap.

So my wife said that she wants to watch the OT for the first time this coming weekend... Anyone have any good strategies on how to have the best possible viewing experience?!

Re-watch the 3rd act of Rogue One... perfect lead-in to ANH. Maybe ESB and ROTJ the next day?

I'm a believer in pacing out a series and letting each episode/movie sink in like you said. Anytime I've binge watched something, I always felt like I rushed through it and didn't get the full enjoyment. That's just me though.

Also I strongly second finding the unaltered trilogy. Every time someone asks me about how to watch Star Wars, my first thought is always how to prevent them from having to endure Jedi Rocks. Of all the SE changes, that one is by far the most cringe worthy.

I'm a believer in pacing out a series and letting each episode/movie sink in like you said. Anytime I've binge watched something, I always felt like I rushed through it and didn't get the full enjoyment. That's just me though.

Also I strongly second finding the unaltered trilogy. Every time someone asks me about how to watch Star Wars, my first thought is always how to prevent them from having to endure Jedi Rocks. Of all the SE changes, that one is by far the most cringe worthy.
Oh, yeah. Before I got the Despecialized versions, if I "hosted" a first timer through the OT, I would play the laserdisc version of ROTJ that came with the 2006 DVD re-release. That is DEFINITELY the worst offender. It's embarrassing.

I dunno, they are both very cringe worthy....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back