I've seen some weird Star Wars stuff in my time, but can someone please tell me what disco dancing cowboys and pink clothed scuba divers have to do with Star Wars?

you’ll find out in ep9, and then since they’ll just be background characters that no one cares about you’ll have read the series of novels and comics to truly understand who they were and how they don’t fit in the grand scheme of things.

Well, NOW... :lol:

The in-universe explanation is that the wearing of the “old man pants”, hiked up to one’s armpits, forces one to make a “stomping motion” with one’s foot, in order to lower the waist band and allow more leg movement during a fight...

92F9492D-60AB-4A13-A82B-FC52B0CAF798.jpeg

...it makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited:
One thing that bugs the hell out of me in SW books, at least in the old EU, is weak Jedi who can barely use the Force or those with weaknesses. You have Etain from Republic Commando, "Scout" from several books like Yoda: Dark Rendezvous and the RC novels who are described as Jedi who are so weak they are scared they won't be Padawans. Then you have others like Corran Horn from the X-Wing novels, who supposedly can't use telekinesis like all other Corellian Jedi. I think what the writers are trying to do is to give a superhero (Jedi) character a real weakness because they don't really have any. It just bugs me though. I don't think any "weak Jedi" are made Knights. I'm pretty sure even the lowest ranked Jedi is more than a match for anyone except another Force user.

My other gripe is authors who act like Jedi can't fight a martial arts expert. Jedi would obviously either have their own style of martial art or would be taught some kind of hand to hand combat. That's just ridiculous. Obi-Wan had no trouble fighting hand to hand with Jango in AOTC. I remember the Clone Wars era Medstar novels where there was a Teras Kasi expert that a Jedi was scared of. Now I'm not saying an expert couldn't beat a Jedi, especially if his skill was that much more superior, but that expert doesn't have the Force to anticipate their opponent. Again I think it must be to try to give a superhero character a flaw because otherwise they wouldn't ever seem to be in danger.

I can understand it, but I feel like they didn't think it through far enough. I imagine most Younglings (*shudder*) hope to become Knights. Kids want excitement and adventure until they grow up a bit and begin to understand duty and responsibility. The EU started to paint a bit of a picture of Jedi who ended up in different areas of focus when they had abilities better suited -- or less suited to Knighthood. They had Bariss Offee transfer from training under Luminara to the Healers (before Clone Wars overwrote that). Jocasta Nu's proficiency is in archivism. Given the random **** I just know, I can see that being a thing. More recently there's been stuff about the Jedi focused in botany who tend the great Tree at the heart of the temple. The Jedi who left/were exiled thousands of years before had a proficiency with alchemy that they passed on to the Sith they intermarried with...

Oh, hell. I just realized. Knights who are out there being heroic, Archivists focusing on knowledge, Healers and Botanists taking care of living things, and Alchemists messing with the natural order... All they need is a Sorting Hat.

Anyway, yeah. I feel it's sloppy writing to not figure the Jedi would have, thousands of years ago, figured out how to, ah... sort people into the disciplines best suited for their abilities and personalities. Someone like Etain would have never gotten that far toward Knight-dom. The Corellians-are-bad-at-telekinesis thing is just stupid, though. Family traits, I can see (or could, before George contradicted himself). But the notion that an entire planet's population is so, well, inbred that they all share that? Mmm, nope.

Actually, I love me some MECO from the 70s and 80s. His stuff had a really good pop, jazz, disco, (very) light rock, versions of some great sci-fi stuff of the times. I've got his complete catalogue, and I dig it, top to bottom.

Videos of his stuff on comtemporary tv shows.....not so much.

I can understand it, but I feel like they didn't think it through far enough. I imagine most Younglings (*shudder*) hope to become Knights. Kids want excitement and adventure until they grow up a bit and begin to understand duty and responsibility. The EU started to paint a bit of a picture of Jedi who ended up in different areas of focus when they had abilities better suited -- or less suited to Knighthood. They had Bariss Offee transfer from training under Luminara to the Healers (before Clone Wars overwrote that). Jocasta Nu's proficiency is in archivism. Given the random **** I just know, I can see that being a thing. More recently there's been stuff about the Jedi focused in botany who tend the great Tree at the heart of the temple. The Jedi who left/were exiled thousands of years before had a proficiency with alchemy that they passed on to the Sith they intermarried with...

Oh, hell. I just realized. Knights who are out there being heroic, Archivists focusing on knowledge, Healers and Botanists taking care of living things, and Alchemists messing with the natural order... All they need is a Sorting Hat.

Anyway, yeah. I feel it's sloppy writing to not figure the Jedi would have, thousands of years ago, figured out how to, ah... sort people into the disciplines best suited for their abilities and personalities. Someone like Etain would have never gotten that far toward Knight-dom. The Corellians-are-bad-at-telekinesis thing is just stupid, though. Family traits, I can see (or could, before George contradicted himself). But the notion that an entire planet's population is so, well, inbred that they all share that? Mmm, nope.

Well obviously the Jedi would have their own aptitudes just like a military organization, but I would still bet that Jocasta Nu could still kick your ass in a lightsaber fight if she had to. They just don't make you a Jedi Master and let you tend the library. I think being a Jedi Knight is a standard and then you serve however you can serve best. That doesn't mean you're a weak Jedi because you are the librarian.

Lol. I can't help but think of the RedLetter Media review of AOTC where they talk about the literature that they give the parents when the kids sign up to become trained as Jedi. "So you want to be a Jedi. How to prepare for your eventual death." And it's a picture of Qui-Gon getting stabbed by Darth Maul.

Those are dope. What about the panels that have the wider switches? Got any for those?

Many of these panels can be adapted for wider switches you just have to play with the designs:)

Attachments

• Panel 1.png
    Panel 1.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Panel 2.png
    Panel 2.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Panel 3.png
    Panel 3.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Panel 7.png
    Panel 7.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Panel 6.png
    Panel 6.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Panel 5B.png
    Panel 5B.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Panel 5.png
    Panel 5.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Panel 4.png
    Panel 4.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Panel 8.png
    Panel 8.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Panel 9.png
    Panel 9.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Panel 10.png
    Panel 10.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Panel 11.png
    Panel 11.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Panel 12.png
    Panel 12.png
    6 KB · Views: 51
  • Panel 13.png
    Panel 13.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Panel 14.png
    Panel 14.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 58
This is largely not constructive, but I’ve just built my first semi legitimate lightsaber with a soundboard and everything and boy does it feel awesome to swing this thing around. I had a MR Luke Graflex when I was a teenager but since then I never got back into it until I saw the sabers from Galaxys Edge and figured I could make one nearly as good for myself!

Started with a sink drain extension and went from there -- hose barb, suspension bushing, really cool sink knob, turned brass things here, scratch-built housings there, electronics plugs cut down and fitted in up there, etc. Gonna get a driver from TCSS when I'm ready. I'm currently stuck on the blade. I'm repurposing an old MR Force FX ANH Luke, where a bunch of the LEDs were "burned out". Since LEDs don't burn out, I know it was the control chips those LEDs have next to it that were starting to fail. I've unsoldered all the LEDs to replaced with super bright, high-viewing-angle yellow LEDs, and I've been carefully unsoldering all the control chips, but I want to replace all of them and I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Going with the LED blade is how you get the extend/retract effect when turning on and off, and I love that. It's also how the random energy flicker along the blade works. Doing this work is a headache, but that's the end result I want. I say this, because a lot of people since I started this have told me to go with one or another of the other blade types. Thanks, but not the help I need.

The last element I'm trying to source is one track from one song that I can sample about a second of to use as the basis for by generic-activated idle hum. And I don't have what I would need to isolate out that one portion of the recording.

I went to dig up a drawing, but it dates back to the late '90s and the design has evolved and been refined since.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back