Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Yes. It's not M8 or M577, I think it's the ausf. G, can't be sure as mine's still in the post.

But you can see just the very edge of the radius of the second hatch opening.

PS the long straight parts of the fenders appear to be what is wrapped around the Koolshade on the cockpit tube, yes? The upper part only I think.

Last edited:

Think I forgot to mention, when my CB750 Racing arrives I'll cast parts if anyone wants 'em.

Yes, please. When my workshop is up and running I'll of course return the favour with anything I have.

Nick

Think I forgot to mention, when my CB750 Racing arrives I'll cast parts if anyone wants 'em.

Ya know i'm in there. Starboard mandible part first please. Oh spoke to John today. Can we make up a list of Hummel parts required as i'm gonna cast that soon.

NP, Nick. BTW - your map 15 - the hatch sitting on the Panzer III section looks like Tiger 1 to me.

Edit: also, your map 19 - the semicircular part on the sidewall right below the Panther mantlet part 8 is also Panther mantlet, as seen in Rodmart's pic above.

Right between that part and the Mazda engine is a piece which lies along the edge much like the truck chassis do at the front. I think this is another section of the Panther fender - the lower of the two in the pic above. The one with the cutout section, upside down and trimmed down...yes?

Simon, I'm trying to finish off my index of Nick's maps right now...will post when done...

Last edited:

Count me in Martyn, thanks for offering these, that kits just a tad too expensive at the mo for me. Just picked up another Panzer 111.

Regarding measures for the gun turret, these are the measures I keep getting, I can't see how it could be any bigger chaps?.

Turret roof: 280mm / 11.02"
Turret base: 290mm / 11.4"
Height: 19mm + 1.5mm plating = 20.5mm total
Window Diameter = 112mm / 4.4"

Now, the detailing strips which surround the turret sides, I thought were originally from a 1/35th Sdkfz 251/1 Rocket Launcher. Of course this is too big. 1/72nd seems to fit perfectly & I found Esci did one, probably a vintage kit too. Found this photo of one, what do you guys think?.
Stu

Stu, my pleasure, I'll never be wealthy by first world standards but it looks like I really will be debt-free next year (holy cow...no mortgage...hard to comprehend!), so what the hey, right? If I can grab some of the pricier kits and help make things a bit easier for other builders, then it's an honour to be able to help. May not bother with the Sealab since mine's not pristine and Jason et al have it covered anyway but otherwise the same goes for Panther G 1/24, M60, whatever I can get hold of that people need.

I will have another look at my turret dims...

Nwerke, please count me in for the Cb750 parts!:)(y))(y)):)
Thanks for sharing your work mate.
I have been scaling some pics looked from the front of the Falcon wich are mostly straight using as reference the Ferrari 312B part that sits on the point of the mandible which Simon gave us the dims: 5,7 x 4,8 cm.
Well, in every attempt I got a height for the mandibles of 2,1".
I thought it was a consensus that the height was just 2" but that is to short a height to fit the kit bashing in between the truck parts.

I agree. The La France bits sit on the side not the top so it makes sense. Having said that nothing on this bird is even. A part that sits at one mm on one side , sits at 3 mm on the other. Another interesting fact is in the b&w ANH pic you can clearly see the gap between the end of the chevy chassis and the start of the pontoon. The gap looks at least 5 mm which would mean my original mandible length is out. Also as Martyn said. The 8 rad chassis doesn't appear to be a complete one. I think it's chopped. A la y wing. The other part is used elsewhere.

Last edited:

Eeenteresting. Will have to have a gander when I get my 312B. There are some whispers that the mandibles aren't terribly even...one of the K-rad castings is shaved down quite a bit to fit between the chassis rails...

Also, this...

Edit: there are 8-rad pieces in this pit also.

Last edited:

It is definitely chopped mate. I'll try to find the pic that shows the edge lying under the Chevy.

BTW the La France pieces sit on BOTH the side AND the top. They have that deep rectangular plate which goes over the top, while the rest of the rail is on the side. Well...IN SOME CASES. For example the lower starboard rail is mostly on the side, but the upper starboard one is mostly sitting right along the top edge of the mandible - corner to corner, in cross-section terms.

Last edited:

Yeah , that's what I mean by being out by mm's Martyn... If you look at Those ANH pix you can see the inside starboard mandible taken from the port side. How many mm's do you reckon there is between the end of chevy and start of pontoon. There's a bit of a gap there.

Mate the gap is about 73% of the width of the CB750 part, so I'll give you a close figure once that kit arrives.

Rodmart, do you have high res versions of your excellent outer mandible montages? If so...any chance of a look please mate? I can't even read the text on the ones you posted before. :(

Stu, your speculation on the SdKfz 251 has been made before. Has anyone ever confirmed it? Those are horrible little bits. For some reason they really aggravate me. :lol

Updated kit list/map index. I've separated maps into separate columns, which bloats the document but is easier to read even so (I think). I've included all of Gort's maps, most of Rodmart's and various others, with preference given in that order where there are overlaps.

Some kits that have been discussed remain unmapped and I have listed them as such, or as "speculative", whatever the balance of evidence suggests. I'm sure there are errors; this is a work in progress as much as the parts mapping effort itself, so, please feel free to offer corrections or suggestions.

Simon this should help a bit with the Hummel parts hopefully. :p

Nice job cross referencing things. If you look back through the thread there are alot of things that got ID'd especially by Black pig which I've not got round to updating on the maps yet. I've also got some map updates which I've not finished or been able to post.

I will get back on these soon and perhaps clear out the older versions in this thread for clarity.

Nick

Ta Nick. I tried to include the updates and bits of feedback. Probably missed some but hopefully most are in there. I've listed the most recent versions of your maps only. You've probably been taking your own notes but I hope this is some help. TBH I mainly use it to keep track of what Muzza, Simon and I are buying! Obviously ditched those columns for this version, it's just clutter.

Turret roof: 280mm / 11.02"
Turret base: 290mm / 11.4"

At .75" high the smallest I can get it is 12.1" base diameter.

Height: 19mm + 1.5mm plating = 20.5mm total

Yep, no disagreement here.

Now, the detailing strips which surround the turret sides, I thought were originally from a 1/35th Sdkfz 251/1 Rocket Launcher. Of course this is too big. 1/72nd seems to fit perfectly & I found Esci did one, probably a vintage kit too. Found this photo of one, what do you guys think?.
Stu

Looks plausible and has been raised before. Did you order one? If not, I'm happy to do so.

Hi Martyn,

Any chance you could do some decent sprue pics of the La France?. I'm sure there could be some other donor parts off something like this, but so far I've never been able to find anything on the ,net.

Cheers
Nick

It is definitely chopped mate. I'll try to find the pic that shows the edge lying under the Chevy.

BTW the La France pieces sit on BOTH the side AND the top. They have that deep rectangular plate which goes over the top, while the rest of the rail is on the side. Well...IN SOME CASES. For example the lower starboard rail is mostly on the side, but the upper starboard one is mostly sitting right along the top edge of the mandible - corner to corner, in cross-section terms.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back