Interest Indiana Jones - "NAZI" Ra Headpiece!!!

n
I strongly prefer the cleaned-up version that was made. It tells more of a story, and it suits Belloq's sense of precision. I can imagine him taking a tracing of Toht's burned hand, and then refining it and cleaning it up before crafting the finished metal piece. The Third Reich insignia and Belloq's signature on the back really complete the effect. It feels like something he crafted carefully, not just to locate the Ark, but also to be a personal memento that he could keep as a symbol of his victory in later years.

I have a shelf full of Indiana Jones prop replicas, and this piece always gets the most attention. It was never shown in the film, yet people immediately know exactly what it is. If it was just a misshapen lump of metal with a rough inscription, I don't think people would make the connection so quickly. They'd just wonder what the damaged one was for. But as a near-perfect twin of the original, the first words that come to mind are "duplicate" or "forgery", and that quickly leads to people understanding what it represents.
Everything you said, but i would of thought Toht would of pushed the burnt hand into clay or plaster of paris to create the copy

Someone needs to make a clay hand and smush the headpiece into it, then cast that impression. That might be a good starting point for what Belloq was working with.

Everything you said, but i would of thought Toht would of pushed the burnt hand into clay or plaster of paris to create the copy

I bet they poured liquid wax directly on his hand, then put that in plaster for a lost wax pour. No need to make an extra step, I'm sure Toht would endure a little extra pain for the fatherland.

Someone needs to make a clay hand and smush the headpiece into it, then cast that impression. That might be a good starting point for what Belloq was working with.

I bet they poured liquid wax directly on his hand, then put that in plaster for a lost wax pour. No need to make an extra step, I'm sure Toht would endure a little extra pain for the fatherland.
Honestly it would have been a third degree burn so feeling anything shouldn't have been a concern at that point. [emoji16]

UPDATE:

Sorry for the delay!
My metal Spin-Casting machine hasn't been working right and had to have an Electrician look at it to get it running again. He got it working, but it's only a temporary fix until he figures what is really wrong with it. I'm going to start casting this week to see if it will work right and get some good castings. If not, I have a plan B to get these made quick! :cool: (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back