Indiana Jones Staff of Ra Headpiece Sculpt

Snow Builder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thinking this is a weekend project (famous last words). Doing a sculpt of the Staff of Ra headpiece. I’m decent with clay, but wouldn’t call myself an expert, so there’s going to be a lot of unintentional variance from the screen used prop.
IMG_0287.jpeg
IMG_0288.jpeg
IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0289.jpeg
IMG_0299.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg

Finished side two and redid the chain around the edge. I need to extend and thicken the bottom and clean up some defects.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0352.jpeg
    IMG_0352.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
It looks really good. Are you going to bake it and make a mold? Or are you going to bake it and paint it as is? My experience is that Sculpey tends to be fragile after baking. It's very easy to chip, dent or scratch it. I usually make a mold just because a resin cast is much less fragile.

It looks really good. Are you going to bake it and make a mold? Or are you going to bake it and paint it as is? My experience is that Sculpey tends to be fragile after baking. It's very easy to chip, dent or scratch it. I usually make a mold just because a resin cast is much less fragile.
That’s been my experience too. I need to extend the bottom and add a little thickness to the tail, then it’ll get a final bake.

I’ll do a two piece mold. Hoping to get the first half done today.

Modified the headpiece and extended the tail. Mold box made and first half of the silicone poured.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpeg
    IMG_0366.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0368.jpeg
    IMG_0368.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
I love that this is all made by hand - so great to see! I am working on a scratch built Raven Saloon version right now. Thanks for posting!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back