Interest Indiana Jones - "NAZI" Ra Headpiece!!!

I never understood why one side of this is so pristine when it was supposed to be made off Toht's burned hand. Shouldn't one side be really rough coming off a burned hand and the other left to creative imagination?
I would see it as a really, really rough version with minimal detail. Rough edges too. Just my opinion.

Thoughts?

I never understood why one side of this is so pristine when it was supposed to be made off Toht's burned hand. Shouldn't one side be really rough coming off a burned hand and the other left to creative imagination?
I would see it as a really, really rough version with minimal detail. Rough edges too. Just my opinion.

Thoughts?

I made this as a cleaned up version as if they made it using Toht's hand as a reference.
I tried making one where if it were molded and cast from his hand and it just looked like a piece of crap... Just my opinion of course! ;)

I tried making one where if it were molded and cast from his hand and it just looked like a piece of crap... Just my opinion of course!

Any pics? I'm sure you're just being hard on yourself as any artist is.

I strongly prefer the cleaned-up version that was made. It tells more of a story, and it suits Belloq's sense of precision. I can imagine him taking a tracing of Toht's burned hand, and then refining it and cleaning it up before crafting the finished metal piece. The Third Reich insignia and Belloq's signature on the back really complete the effect. It feels like something he crafted carefully, not just to locate the Ark, but also to be a personal memento that he could keep as a symbol of his victory in later years.

I have a shelf full of Indiana Jones prop replicas, and this piece always gets the most attention. It was never shown in the film, yet people immediately know exactly what it is. If it was just a misshapen lump of metal with a rough inscription, I don't think people would make the connection so quickly. They'd just wonder what the damaged one was for. But as a near-perfect twin of the original, the first words that come to mind are "duplicate" or "forgery", and that quickly leads to people understanding what it represents.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back