HOW-TO convert your NIKE MAG's (Markpoon's) Episode 5 is up

Re: HOW-TO convert your NIKE MAG's (Markpoon's) Episode 3 is up

I was looking at velcroing this on somewhere onto the shoe, but think it may be a bit thick as its 1cm x 4cm by 2cm. i would have to get it in hand and then try to see where it could be hidden.
Another option might be to simply remove all the guts from the case and glue them to the inside of the ankle strap buckle. Ideally, that part needs replacing anyway as the one that comes on the shoes is a very simple injection mold and nowhere near close to the actual shoe part. MP's foam piece is way more accurate.

For this I was thinking about starting with 100mm PVC as the base (also provides the curve for the back) and modeling clay to form the shape of the actual part. I've downloaded a heap of videos about making simple molds with product that did not require vacuum chambers for the mold (a big plus for small runs and experiments like this). I guess the best thing would be to make cutout in the PVC pipe to allow the insertion of a battery(ies) and even the inverter itself as well as the slots for the strap.

Slush casting that piece on a curve would be needlessly difficult. If I remake that piece I plan to sculpt it flat and pop the piece out of the mold half cured onto a curved surface.

Slush casting that piece on a curve would be needlessly difficult. If I remake that piece I plan to sculpt it flat and pop the piece out of the mold half cured onto a curved surface.

I am quite new to this but was thinking about getting the look Cloneprops did with his.

This may help:

312201_129694553805459_100002947453640_157710_1303155629_n.jpg

Hi, can you tell me what height your strap is?

and also, what are the dimensions of the nike logo square in cm?

does anyone have a template file i can print out? i have some clear sticky paper, so I can print straight onto it, but i don't have the nike logo.

If someone can tell me what font is used and the amount of spacing between the letters, i could try create it in photoshop (with my limited skill!) and print it out.

I am not home right now but my strap is exactly 1 inch wide and roughly 1 foot long.

I will also post up a wiring diagram and list of tools and products.

I am not home right now but my strap is exactly 1 inch wide and roughly 1 foot long.

I will also post up a wiring diagram and list of tools and products.

thanks, you're a legend!

I think i have the right sticky paper, probably have to coat it in another layer as i think the ink would wash off if it got wet.

just need to make sure i print the right size out for the nike logo.

i bought some cuttable el sheet which should be arriving any day now.

i got some cheap pvc type fake leather for cheap and some dirt cheap white velcro hook and loop from a local shop.

just waiting for the wire glue and then the inverters and batteries

Another option might be to simply remove all the guts from the case and glue them to the inside of the ankle strap buckle. Ideally, that part needs replacing anyway as the one that comes on the shoes is a very simple injection mold and nowhere near close to the actual shoe part. MP's foam piece is way more accurate.

For this I was thinking about starting with 100mm PVC as the base (also provides the curve for the back) and modeling clay to form the shape of the actual part. I've downloaded a heap of videos about making simple molds with product that did not require vacuum chambers for the mold (a big plus for small runs and experiments like this). I guess the best thing would be to make cutout in the PVC pipe to allow the insertion of a battery(ies) and even the inverter itself as well as the slots for the strap.

I was asking someone about the 3v inverter which is run by a single coin cell battery, and was told it can light up the el sheet for the strap for a while, but it may drain it quite quickly.

so now thinking of using a 6v inverter with 2 coin cell batteries. just trying to figure out the easiest way of putting this onto the shoe so its wearable!

kmags with light up strap, the poor mans nike mag! what the hell, they still look ok!

Here are my shoes with and without my heat formed EVA inserted in the ankle/heel. You can see it makes the shoe look MUCH more like the original MAG.

CompFoamInsert.jpg

I have been asked by many members to show tutorials on how to covert these shoes. I will try to make a video tutorial for every step. From the toe slimming to the electronics:

EPISODE 1 (the toe slimming): Nike Toe Slimming Tutorial - YouTube

EPISODE 2 (LED installation): Nike LED installation Tutorial - YouTube

EPISODE 3 (making the strap): Nike Making of the Strap - YouTube

EPISODE 4 (sole and EL installation): Nike Sole and EL Tutorial - YouTube

EPISODE 5 (making the ankle bubble): Nike making the Ankle Bubble - YouTube

hi
i was wondering if its possible if you could post up a picture of the dollhouse tape wire solder connection to the regular wire that you do?

thanks

This is a humongous contribution to the forums. The work involved in making these videos is nothing compared to the weeks of playing around involved with these. I was thinking of getting some more LEDs in mine and looking at improving a few more bits... But then I remembered my weekends disappearing and the mental pain and decided against it lol :lol

True gent Brad. If it wasn't for my recent purchases I would have had a pair of these off you in a heartbeat.

These questions might be noobish but what kind of switch and inverter do I need to do this. And btw great work. This seems a lot harder than you make it look but I am going to try my best lol. Oh and also do you plan on showing you to rig the wiring throughout the shoe?

One last thing. I was putting together a list of materials I'll need and was wondering if you could check this over for me in case I left some stuff off?

• X-acto Knife
  • Soldering iron/solder
  • Dremel tool
  • Gorilla glue
  • Wire glue
  • 3mm diffused LEDs (Red, Green, Yellow) - 4 each per shoe
  • 220 ohm resistors - 3 per shoe
  • EL Sheet (I am having trouble finding this and it should be an A6, correct?)
  • EL inverter - 1 per shoe (also having difficulties with this)
  • On/Off switch
  • Sheets of styrene
  • Sheets of clear plastic
  • White leather/pleather/vinyl material
  • 9V battery connector/9V Batter - 1 per shoe
  • Wiring
  • Conductor tape
  • Turquoise paint

Last edited:
These questions might be noobish but what kind of switch and inverter do I need to do this. And btw great work. This seems a lot harder than you make it look but I am going to try my best lol. Oh and also do you plan on showing you to rig the wiring throughout the shoe?

One last thing. I was putting together a list of materials I'll need and was wondering if you could check this over for me in case I left some stuff off?

• X-acto Knife
  • Soldering iron/solder
  • Dremel tool
  • Gorilla glue
  • Wire glue
  • 3mm diffused LEDs (Red, Green, Yellow) - 4 each per shoe
  • 220 ohm resistors - 3 per shoe
  • EL Sheet (I am having trouble finding this and it should be an A6, correct?)
  • EL inverter - 1 per shoe (also having difficulties with this)
  • On/Off switch
  • Sheets of styrene
  • Sheets of clear plastic
  • White leather/pleather/vinyl material
  • 9V battery connector/9V Batter - 1 per shoe
  • Wiring
  • Conductor tape
  • Turquoise paint

Yes your list is exact. Other than if you plan to make your own ankle bubble, you will just need to sculpt one.

I posted te wiring diagram above and can't really post a tutorial on it becuase the wires are inside the shoe.

The switches I use are Judco On/Off switches:

J 987 JUDCO SWITCH Push button MINI SPST ON-OFF 8" WIRE 14 VDC/2AMP 20 PCS LOT | eBay

I will have to see if I can find the inverter link. I haven't bought them in a long time.

You should be able to buy ANY 3mm diffused LED's

The EL sheet I use is this one:

E-Luminates

@Jedifyfe Thank you for the links they were a big help. I'll guess I'll just have to figure out the wiring by the good old trial and error. Makes it a bit more fun anyway I guess!

Hello!

I don't know where my last post went or is it still on it's way thru the moderator checkings.
Anyway if it still doesn't appear, I posted about the clear sole problem. I have looked into the matter a bit more and have found one inexpensive solution (maybe). Clear car mats.
I have not found accurate mats yet but the colors are great. Even icy blue colors can be found:
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00aCLEBmqMEhkv/Clear-Car-Mat-KM111.jpg

It is just the matter of finding the right texture, if it does exist. :)

Edit: Seems like the post disappeared somewhere. What it said was that I ordered my first Markpoons a while ago and I am certainly going to improve them with the guide of you great tutorials Jedifyfe! Thank you for those! And once more about the clear sole problem, has anyone tried restoremysneakers.com sole product for it? Or Sea Glow?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back