:eek, just....:eek. Stunning. I mean, the whole thing is absolutely gorgeous, but, wow, your hull colour looks like it could have leaped of the screen of ESB.

THIS IS A PIECE OF ART!!!

Simply the best hasbro Millenium Falcon conversion job I've seen!!!!!, the paint is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in every weathering technics.

This is amazing how you can pay attention to every single parts.

Kokari you can be really proud of your skills for all these details :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Well Done kokkari! Amazing job!
When I first saw the pics of your conversion back in earlier May, it inspired me to try to do something alike...
So, Congrats and thanks too!

I Look forward to seeing more of your work.

MB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed on the underside view you put in landing lights, fiber optics?
Nice touch , I was thinking about doing this on mine but everyone that I've seen done are huge and unrealistic...not yours.
Looks appropriate for the size, well done sir.

I just noticed on the underside view you put in landing lights, fiber optics?
Nice touch , I was thinking about doing this on mine but everyone that I've seen done are huge and unrealistic...not yours.
Looks appropriate for the size, well done sir.
Thanks fellas! Yes, used .75mm fiber optics. I'm kinda wishing I ran my lights parallel from the same power source so I could of turned on multiple lighting schemes, like with one switch turn on the engines and cockpit, with another turn on headlights and landing lights.

She looks perfect kokkari,....just the right amount of weathering

The lighting is spot on too

.....now.....where the hell are you going to display it?,.....it's huge

J

Beautiful. Yes, I think we need a Finished photo thread for the Hasbro Falcons. Is the Hasbro Falcon the greatest toy in the world or what???????

wow... that's so incredible kokkari, everything about it! Really making me want to get mine out of the box and get started on it!! (and I'll have to buy a set of resin parts from you at some point too) - sorry if it's been mentioned further back and I've forgotten... what base hull colour did you use under all that amazing detailing?

wow... that's so incredible kokkari, everything about it! Really making me want to get mine out of the box and get started on it!! (and I'll have to buy a set of resin parts from you at some point too) - sorry if it's been mentioned further back and I've forgotten... what base hull colour did you use under all that amazing detailing?
I went with Model Master Camouflage Gray. When you first paint it, it looks very tan in color, but I knew that I would be hitting the model with the airbrush incessantly with grays and black which would make the overall tone very cold. In the end when I compare it to my MR Falcon, the base color looks very close. Here is a photo to show it right after the base coat was applied.
20150601_122441.jpg
Here it is next to the MR and as you can see it is less tan than it is.
20150616_084509.jpg

Last edited:
Wow they look like twins, fantastic.......send me on your MR as a paint guide ;)
in your first shot you can see the tan may be from the incandescent bulb, where daylight is hitting the engine looks whiter, in your final shot they both look like they are lit by daylight hense the whiter appearance , my hobby room all lights and lamps are daylight bulbs which helps

Thanks for the info!

I went with Model Master Camouflage Gray. When you first paint it, it looks very tan in color, but I knew that I would be hitting the model with the airbrush incessantly with grays and black which would make the overall tone very cold. In the end when I compare it to my MR Falcon, the base color looks very close. Here is a photo to show it right after the base coat was applied.
View attachment 490053
Here it is next to the MR and as you can see it is less tan than it is.
View attachment 490069

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back