Harry Potter replicas/collectables - Rare, promotional, and otherwise

BlackMarketMagi

This is a list of officially licensed Harry Potter items that are rare, promotional, etc. Not your readily available items. Here is the list I have compiled so far. It's definitely a WIP. I update the list here on the front page so it is always easy to find.

I will try and include pictures in the future. I do have pictures of almost everything listed here if needed. If you have any information on any of these let me know and I'll add it.

To clear up any confusion, I don't own all of this stuff & I don't have any of these items for sale.

Vertebrae Candle--
This is the rarest item I have found; so much so I've only found one picture of one in a personal collection although it is easy to find the advertising one . It is a replica of the spine candles seen in POA when Harry learns to conjure the Patronus from Prof. Lupin. It was made by the Noble Collection and was available for just a few weeks before it was discontinued for safety concerns. I've been told less than 100 made it out the door. I tried to confirm this with Noble but did not get a reply. Ironically you can find it listed for sale at a lot of websites because the advertising had been sent out prior to them shipping which is normal for Noble. And they discontinued it before they had actually shipped out many, hence the scarcity.

Although the candles were seen in 2004 POA the Noble replica was not released until 2007 with Noble's OOTP line of merchandise.

A few actual screen used candles were given away by the studio after POA and these are sometimes mistaken with the Noble replica version given the fact there were so few of both. However the screen used are easily recognizable as there are several varying features.

Dumbledore Pocket Watch--
Limited edition 2500 made by Fossil
Although I don't believe this was seen in the movie it replicates the watch as described in the book.

Promotional Items--

SS Cauldron, Bertie Botts bag & Harrys Glasses
SS Promo Scarf
Executive Golden snitch- given as prizes and to WB executives
2 or 3 versions- Brass, Gold, 10kt Gold Serial# on snitch and box
Executive Nimbus brooms-given to WB executives
COS Quidditch Chest with Hogwarts Lock with quill & dvd for UK BAFTA voters
COS Hogwarts House trunk, sticker indicates house-included Slytherin scarf, Tom Riddle diary, quill in pouch, ink
COS Tom Riddle Diary- Two sizes made; 6 x 4 and 7 x 5 inches. Smaller one doesn't have movie title embossed on the back.
COS Hermione Granger Potion Kit
Inflatable Aunt Marge
POA Divination Tea Set-Teacup, saucer, crystal ball w/stand, tea, coasters
GOF Golden Eggs w/dragons, 4 different designs, eggs are not exact as they have writing on them
OOTP Umbridge Decree Proclamation Scroll
Weasley Wizarding Wonder Witch Love Potion- Limited to 100
HBP Nose Biting Tea cup
HBP Small Bezoars box and potion pint glass
HBP Large Bezoars box and 4 potion pint glasses
HBP Quidditch helmet
HBP Ron Weasley Quidditch Bag
HBP Felix Felicis Vial in Hogwarts Apothecary Box
HBP Dark Mark projector flashlight
DH1 Slytherin USB Locket
DH2 Golden Snitch Clock
DH2 Ollivanders Leather Wand set
DH2 Gringotts Coin/magnet

POA Sirius Black Lenticular Wanted Posters --

These simulate the onscreen movement seen in the picture. There are several different versions and sizes.
Trading card-Limited edition of 200- has approx 5 frames of motion
5x3 promotional magnet with removable Sirius section
8x10 Several styles made and were used on movie theater displays.
The full movie theater display version, includes a 6 foot lampost, street signs with an owl & notices.
A4 Japanese folder version
26x40 Huge movie poster size

Limited Editions--

Nimbus 2000 broom-limited to 10,000
Firebolt broom-limited to 10,000

Note these are not the brooms made by Noble Collection. They were released in Europe earlier.

Movie Premier Giveaways--

OOP wand
Weasley 10 Second Pimple Vanisher Bottle- given away at HBP premier
Weasley stars, product bags, boxes, & tins at HBP premiere

Jewelry
Bellatrix bird skull choker -silver made by the original jeweler
Bellatrix ring -silver made by the original jeweler

Japanese Exclusive Items-- Note as of 2/12 the WB Japan store is closed.

COS Lantern-promotional
Howler
Polyuice glass -promotional item for COS video game
Hermoines Mirror
"Mandrake" Ear Muffs
Ministry of Magic drawstring bags (2 versions) standard (dragon) and embroidered(golden egg)
Quibbler cover folder
Black Family Crest pin
Headboy pin
Ministry of Magic Cross necklace of Cornelius Fudge
Shopping bags (large) from Zonko's & Honeydukes
Shopping bags (small) from Weasley Wizarding, Olivanders, Zonko's, & Quality Quidditch Supplies
The Philosopher's Stone DVD Golden Snitch
Ollivanders wand display
Gringotts bag

Japanese Exclusives So-So Replicas - These are either not scale, 100% accurate, or both

Jumbo Time Turner Europe as well, came with chess set mail order
Monster Book of Monsters Book Cover
Monster Book of Monsters Journal
Golden egg music box
Golden egg metal tin
Dark Arts Detector Pen (Mad Eye Moodys)

Japanese Costume Replica Exclusives

Hermiones Rainbow Belt
Hermiones Pink Sweatshirt
Harry's wand holster from the underwater second challenge
Viktor Krum Drumstrang Tanktop from the second challenge
Viktor Krum Drumstrang Pullover
Fleur's blue jumpsuit from the third challenge

Japanese alternate versions--

Harry's Glasses- different than NC
Lucius Malfoys cane-wand is not removable
Hermiones Time Turner -different than NC
Ron's Sweetheart Necklace-different than NC
Quidditch goggles- different than Rubies
Horcrux Ring- different than NC
Hermiones Bag-dark blue-different than NC

I'm adding a new section below, this is a list of other Harry Potter replicas not necessarily rare but some are hard to find. Just to keep track of what is out there.

Gringott's replica coins
Pobjoys made the originals for the movie and released their own sets after the first movie. (Nobles are a copy of these.) They made 3 coin sets and also individual carded coins. The only difference between these and the actual screen used is the screen used were struck twice so the have a deeper relief.

There is also a set of coins made from the original HP design used on the earlier HP pieces. Actually foil wrapped bubblegum coins.

NECA merchandise

9 3/4 Platform Sign
Leaky Cauldron Sign
Weasley Wizarding Sign-??
Weasley Clock
Proclamation Posters (Limited Edition) #82,#98 4 more?
Talking Sorting Hat
Monster Book of Monsters plush
Honeydukes Tin Set
Hogwarts & Gryffindor Pennants?
Bellatrix bird skull choker
Tri-wizard cup

Other companies

Luna Lovegood Spectra-specs

WWOHP-Universal Studios

Many of these are just glorified toys but worth mentioning
Omnioculars
Remembrall
Sneakoscope
Quaffle
Bludger Bat & ball
Quibiller with punch out spectra-specs
Golden snitch - 2 versions
Pygmy puff
Fanged Flyer
Rubby O Chicken
Crazy Face Flyer
Screaming Yo-yo
Extendable Ear
Pumpkin Juice bottle
Bertie Botts Beans
Chocolate Frog box with trading cards
They also have a selection of wands not available elsewhere. Not character specific.

WB Shop

Life size Dobby- Not particularly rare but expensive, there were a couple of versions of these made, one for Walmart displays the other by Rubies.

Noble Collection-
These are the NC items that are sold out, no longer made & harder to find.

Voldemort's Vertebrae Candle (see above)
RAB Horcrux Locket w note- 2 versions normal or sterling silver
Prof. Umbridges Feather Quill & stand
Mad Eye Moody Staff
Ollivander's box version wands, wands still available just not with that box.

Two books with HP Paper props in them

Film Wizardy -- Lots of removable paper props and reference pics
Harry Potter -A Pop-Up Book -- Include 2 posters Harry Wanted poster and a MOM Notice

Page to Screen is good for reference photos and artwork. Although some of the pictures are rather small.

Last edited:
Re: Rare Harry Potter replicas

Well with 237 views at the time of this posting and only 3 responses, that is only barely over a 1% interest. I'm quite surprised really, thought there was more HP fans. I doubt that it is worth my time and effort so I'll have to think about it.

harry potter has been the top searched topic on the rpf for several months....anything potter is pure gold on this site......

I'm really suprised so many rpf members are into harry potter.

I always thought it appealed only to the younger kids.

There's no shortage of HP interest on the RPF, you just might have to give it more than a day & a half. ;)

What would you classify as "rare"? I haven't come across too many "Limited Edition" pieces (at least none that couldn't be had from another company cheaper). I'd be curious to see what's on the list!

Alright since a few more have spoken up, I won't just discount the idea . (It is still only about a 2% response rate.)

What would you classify as "rare"? I haven't come across too many "Limited Edition" pieces (at least none that couldn't be had from another company cheaper). I'd be curious to see what's on the list!

Here is what I classify as a rare replica

1 Generally, I don't count anything that is mass marketed, still in production, or easily obtainable, such as most of the Noble Collection, WWOHP items, etc. There are however a few known exceptions such as..

The Japanese exclusive items.

Earlier movie items with small run sizes.

Some of NECA's replicas are pretty hard to find as well.

2 Limited editions qualify as long as the number is reasonable. Amazons LE The Tales of the Beetle Bard size was 100,000 I believe so that would not qualify. 1,000 or less seems the norm.

3 For the most part, the rarest replicas seems to be the promotional items, contest prizes, & premier giveaways. These items were never for sale.

I'm still compiling my list and trying to figure out the best way to organize it.

love potter! i'd be interested.

I never saw potter as being any more for kids than star wars.

how about replicas that wb still has not put out. would that count as rare?

Harry Potter Vibrating Broom Nimbus 2000 should be on the list for rare since you can not get it on the market any more

how about replicas that wb still has not put out. would that count as rare?

Harry Potter Vibrating Broom Nimbus 2000 should be on the list for rare since you can not get it on the market any more

It has to be an official licensed released replica. If it is not out yet, then it is as yet unreleased so no it would not be on the list.

The Vibrating Broom is considered a toy, not a realistic replica. It's not full size, made of cheap plastic, etc. There are several broom replicas (not NC) that make the list though.

BTW There are 2 books out on HP collectibles, they contain the toys, cards, figures, etc. But most of what I am talking about is not listed in them.

The Japan stuff now really overlaps the Noble stuff which makes me sad. I have Hermione's mirror from CoS which was a Japan-only piece, and I know it can fetch a pretty penny. I also have a couple of quill replicas that are Japan only. I don't know where my polyjuice mug came from, but it was also a limited deal.

Demanding interest ratios? weird.

Would like to see some pics and more descriptions in this thread.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back