Harry Potter - Golden Snitch - DH version, Opening snitch modelling

Ah, I was going off the largest dimension on shapeways models for my comparison, looke like it's a fair amount bigger.

That's odd you say that about the cast, cause my detailed ring shows errors for all materials except frosted detail plastic, but from experience the cast metals retained better detail than the plastic prints. Probably cause it's printed in wax first.

Your ring space is smaller? Wouldn't have guessed.
Yeah the ring space is smaller, annoyingly. I played around for ages. But I guess its the way the ring holder moves in the channel to raise up that takes away the space available. Oh well.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

OK, I took a slightly different course for the opening than in the movies, for printability, but i think i prefer it anyway:

View attachment 511018

The 2 shells meet perfectly, there is a simple sliding hinge to make enough room for the shell to rotate inside the other:

View attachment 511019 View attachment 511020

inside there is a strut and channel with which i use to raise the ring inside, its raises about 4mm currently:

View attachment 511021 View attachment 511022

Here are some renders of the parts separated:

View attachment 511023 View attachment 511024 View attachment 511025

The only thing i think I will struggle with is the ring falling out of the holder, but surely sugru will fix that??

What do you think?
Send the archive ?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back