Harry Potter - Golden Snitch - DH version, Opening snitch modelling

The shells match as perfectly as they can. I would prefer a polished brass version as the plastic is a little too flexible. I think the brass version, once painted/aged, will look wicked. The only thing I'm worried about with the brass one is putting it all together will be tricky. I'm going to try spraying the plastic version as well so will post pics once I'm done.

Sent from my vivo Xplay3S using Tapatalk

Maybe once painted with a thick acacrylic paint it will harden the flexible plastic also something I've done in the past that helps is using fingernail reinforcement polish it's a clear coat goes on evenly and it works the same way hardening the soft plastic

Last edited:
bennygorilla you can't actually post a sales link in the build forum, please remove the links from this thread. you will need to start a sales thread in the marketplace as i had done when i was openly selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
@bennygorilla you can't actually post a sales link in the build forum, please remove the links from this thread. you will need to start a sales thread in the marketplace as i had done when i was openly selling.
Ah thanks wasn't aware of that. Have removed now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shells match as perfectly as they can. I would prefer a polished brass version as the plastic is a little too flexible. I think the brass version, once painted/aged, will look wicked. The only thing I'm worried about with the brass one is putting it all together will be tricky. I'm going to try spraying the plastic version as well so will post pics once I'm done.

Ah thanks wasn't aware of that. Have removed now.

Hey sorry I didn't realize it would cause problems and link on here however I showed my friend your design and he wants to purchase the brass polish version.so if you ever do create a thread in the marketplace let me know how I can reach it so I can give it to them they are very interested and want to buy

yeah i'm sure it's against the rules in the threads non marketplace threads as you have to have a premium membership to sell on the site. i personally have no issue with you doing it, just wanted to make sure you knew. roxas, send benny a pm.

It looks amazing! I'm about to propose to my gf who's a big(!) HP fan, and this would this would blow her mind. Is there any chance you would consider another run?

Hopefully will be ordering my version in brass soon. Just got to keep saving the pennies. I'm hoping to use it at my wedding. Hopefully will be able to accomodate the rings.

I made a couple to accommodate mine and my wife's rings. At the wedding when it was time to exchange rings, the best man presented the snitch to us to pull out the ring. Our photographer took a bunch of photos but I don't have them yet.

IMG_8540_zpshxfvz9sl.jpg

IMG_8539_zpsnq1pu0n0.jpg

IMG_8542_zpsvhy2on5x.jpg

I know you probably hear this a lot but I have got to ask. Is it possible for me to order one of these? I've been looking around for a while for a golden snitch ring box to propose to my girlfriend with. Yours is the most incredible one I've ever seen! I could really use your help.

Mine has arrived. I am in love :D Went for the 14k gold plated one.

Quick pics and vid, sorry about quality just in a rush.

Attachments

• gs1.jpg
    gs1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 305
  • gs2.jpg
    gs2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 264
  • GS.mov
    2.7 MB · Views: 177
Here's a little something I've been working on:

IMG_0144_zpsuo79qoff.jpg

IMG_0145_zpsbkpnwnmt.jpg

I tried 2 ways, going with a single printed ring, and one with a printed ring and a printed stone separately.

After a little rub n buff and some enamel black paint:
IMG_0146_zpskarzplxp.jpg

IMG_0147_zpscds5rumx.jpg

I kept the features plain for now so I could test the fit.

IMG_0148_zpsgczpowba.jpg

IMG_0149_zpsto0pigq5.jpg

It's a bit loose, like, it will wobble in the holder, but I'm not sure I want to go much thicker, I remember someone talking about museum putty? would that work to keep it in place?

Awesome, as usual. Have you considered getting one of the knock-off versions of the ring from China and just replacing the stone with something more accurate?

Awesome, as usual. Have you considered getting one of the knock-off versions of the ring from China and just replacing the stone with something more accurate?

I actually do have one, it's what I used in this picture:
IMG_8480-1.jpg

But it is too wide to fit into the 3mm wide opening in the cradle, so I've designed my own that will fit in based on the Noble Collection ring design. I will likely have it cast through shapeways.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back