CaptainBeef

Hi RPF team!
I am new here and currently looking to create my own grail diary from scratch. I intend to had write the appropriate pages and recreate as much as I can (using my design skills such as they are). I would be really grateful if anyone who has done this themselves can offer any advice or reference I could go to to begin. I have purchased the necessary book binding tools. I'd welcome any hints on paper stock, leather supply and insert sources if you can! Happy to share all of my knowledge also where I can. I'm fairly good with a traditional ink nib as well as calligraphy - I have some time on my hands while I convalesce so thought I'd do something challenging and fun!

Look forward to hearing from you and making some friends.

Thanks,
CaptainBeef

Good to see someone else out there doing this. I started back in Feb. I have done a few already I am only now happy with a set of pages I have for a final version that will be very close to a HERO prop. Good Luck getting yours together. I may not be able to help much but I will do what I can. This site is a real big help refining some of the pages and insert info.

Hi RPF team!
I am new here and currently looking to create my own grail diary from scratch. I intend to had write the appropriate pages and recreate as much as I can (using my design skills such as they are). I would be really grateful if anyone who has done this themselves can offer any advice or reference I could go to to begin. I have purchased the necessary book binding tools. I'd welcome any hints on paper stock, leather supply and insert sources if you can! Happy to share all of my knowledge also where I can. I'm fairly good with a traditional ink nib as well as calligraphy - I have some time on my hands while I convalesce so thought I'd do something challenging and fun!

Thanks,
CaptainBeef
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the grail diary journey.
The first and most important source nowadays is probably

That should get you started.

Other than that:

Learn how to search on Google and on this forum.
There is plenty of information.
You just have to find it.
The research is going to be your friend on this journey.
So learn to enjoy it.

ok, i hate most people's reply to questions like these. They always post the same pages with dead links. And then say "search the forum" and the forums have a ton of dead links too. I'm in the process of putting mine together. It's going to be a modified "story" diary. once I have most of it assembled I'll post the photos (somewhere as permanent as possible) and all the people who want to gatekeep the literal HOLY GRAIL, can kick rocks. Send me a pm and i'll email you most of what I have so far.

I truly don't know how easy it was when you started, but I can tell you it's difficult and frustrating now. I've spent literal days of my life combing through dead links, using the way-back-machine, going to several physical libraries to get high res copies of the pictures from the diary. The ethos of my life is to make things easier for the person behind me. **** was difficult for me, there's no reason it should be the same for you.

Zen itself is not a dead link. But the vast majority of pics that are linked from there are non-existent. Hopefully this year, I'll make a wordpress or tumblr with all the photos that I've found, recreated, upscaled, and invented so that anyone can access it. I'm also going to make a ligature font from the Indy Senior 3 font and screencaps of the handwritten diary.

The search for grail diary sources was never easy and will never be. So, thank you for every information you can share with the community. This is what we all need to keep this hobby alive. But be aware: in 15 years your own sources maybe also will be only ashes and dust.

Last edited:
Hi RPF team!

Thanks,
CaptainBeef
I am also in the early stages of making my own grail diary; I am using the pdfs from Celeste Conway posted on this site back in 2019; they did a ton of great work, and I'm just adding pages as I find them to make it closer to the movie prop. Here's the link in case you haven't seen this: Beginner's Grail Diary (Printable Pages + Inserts)

ok, i hate most people's reply to questions like these. They always post the same pages with dead links. And then say "search the forum" and the forums have a ton of dead links too. I'm in the process of putting mine together. It's going to be a modified "story" diary. once I have most of it assembled I'll post the photos (somewhere as permanent as possible) and all the people who want to gatekeep the literal HOLY GRAIL, can kick rocks. Send me a pm and i'll email you most of what I have so far.
How's your grail quest going? I am nearing the end of putting all my pages together, when I came across this thread. I agree with you that the "quest" is much harder now as more than 50% of the pics & links on Zen Seeker and COW are broken links. I'm happy to share any pages I have with anyone that needs them.

I have seen that one and was able to use a few things from the PDFs but his dad was doing a very different type of build. There is some good stuff in there. I had a hard time finding the Zepplin ticket that was printable. If you have a good image of that I would be interested to see it.

How's your grail quest going? I am nearing the end of putting all my pages together, when I came across this thread. I agree with you that the "quest" is much harder now as more than 50% of the pics & links on Zen Seeker and COW are broken links. I'm happy to share any pages I have with anyone that needs them.
Not only are those links old and not working but I feel like there’s been new pages and different orders discovered as well. Once you have everything together, seems like a quick project but it’s getting everything together not so much with as much as you start second guessing things

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back