Thank you... A happy new year all....did these lower hull back parts yesterday from issues 44-45....
30dce93ebeda438d3dc13f805bb58b86_zpsvdzyxr1e.jpg

Note the landing gear docks I've painted black.

Last edited:
Hey DARKVIEW, i don't post much but i just wanted to say thanks for all your pics and info in this thread,i hadn't painted a model since 1995 so was quite worried about messing my MF up!
Ive used your weathering technique and i'm over the moon with how its turning out, I've learnt so much from you and other members here.

Keep up the good work,ill be following your updates for sure :)

I'd like to second Daz's comment, Darkview.

I'm based in Australia - and the Falcon hasn't been released here yet (cross fingers...hoping for a January release) - but I've been following your thread since the beginning.

Your tips/methods will be invaluable to us down under. :)

Cheers,
Craig.

Thanks Craig, (Krakajac) even while I've been a model maker on-off for near 35 years l had reservations about this big hunk of junk but lm impressed so far, you'll probs get DeAgos finer tuned Falcon versions downunder :). I'm plating the 1st underside quarter at the moment...and all my pre painted parts are matching up nicely, l had a little problem holes/tapping screw fixtures but nothing that couldn't be solved with a little pressure squeeze...will show when l can...

Looking forward to seeing the underside plates all together,i'm up to 46 as well,but I'm waiting on some Tamiya T20 before i can weather the pieces from 43 to 46, the waits killing me !

Am i right in saying your going straight on to the parts with oil , no base coat?, Im starting to wish i had done, your method still works over my base coat but it doesn't look quite as good imo,maybe I'm being over picky i don't know

I've just put together all the underside & all those monthly weatherings + plate work... My girlfriend watched me when l finally plated it & said you never look that happy with me ;-) lol. I am smiling loads tho.... Photos ASAP .

Last edited:
I will see what I can do with the parts.Here in germany the Falcon started this month..so I must wait a little bit to have all your parts in hand.

Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

I've said it before but l love that it's monthly & l can focus on the parts that month in my spare time. Hopefully making a chronicle of it as l get it comes in useful to new builders ... but whatever way you build it ...its great as long as your enjoying it ... :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the underside plates all together,i'm up to 46 as well,but I'm waiting on some Tamiya T20 before i can weather the pieces from 43 to 46, the waits killing me !

Am i right in saying your going straight on to the parts with oil , no base coat?, Im starting to wish i had done, your method still works over my base coat but it doesn't look quite as good imo,maybe I'm being over picky i don't know

Yes Daz, l put it straight on and wipe off... See steps 1-8 a few pages back (page 7)

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on my shipment 11 to arrive... been over 2 weeks now... I just saw the back of issue 53... Gonna be getting the top pit and pipes soon! :) Can't wait to see more my friend.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back