Hi, the grey & red patches are taped off with Tamiya Tape and painted with Humbrol Red matt 153 and the grey is my mix of Humbrol Black & White matt. It gives a pro straight line, you can use yellow sticky note pads if you like but the Tamiya tapes wonderful.

The streaks are using these cheap poundshop make-up brushes & eyeshadow sponge pads, l either use Tamiya weather powder 'Soot' or the Lamp Black quick dry oils l mention throughout the thread.. But it you use the oils wipe brush with a paper towel till its almost dry.... I.E.... dry-brushing . :) hope that helps...
7dda7885ed2bedbf7da765d6a7b88293_zpsqb4zn2kf.jpg

Last edited:
Looking great DV... Something not many notice is that the oil streaks are going upward.... this is the bottom of the ship after all so all the streaking would be dripping towards the center of the ship. Very nice!

Yeah it's the way the studio ship is unfortunately but easy to alter the streaks to the downward look come the finish...;-)

You got it spot on my friend... very well done. Not many others would notice such a thing! :) I've seen alot of paint jobs online so far and many have missed that little tidbit of detail! :)

Hi, the grey & red patches are taped off with Tamiya Tape and painted with Humbrol Red matt 153 and the grey is my mix of Humbrol Black & White matt. It gives a pro straight line, you can use yellow sticky note pads if you like but the Tamiya tapes wonderful.

The streaks are using these cheap poundshop make-up brushes & eyeshadow sponge pads, l either use Tamiya weather powder 'Soot' or the Lamp Black quick dry oils l mention throughout the thread.. But it you use the oils wipe brush with a paper towel till its almost dry.... I.E.... dry-brushing . :) hope that helps...
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/...a7885ed2bedbf7da765d6a7b88293_zpsqb4zn2kf.jpg

Ah,thanks a lot for this tips.So you taped the red areas and sprayed it with a airbrush?
I also have the tape and all this weathering powderpacks from tamiya but never used it for a spaceship.
The powder works great..but do you seal it with clearcoat after you used it?
I also have no airbrush...but I think for the Falcon its time to buy one?

Really great work again, the overal effect and finish are awsome, only hoping I can get anywhere near this good with the airbrush and oils, etc.

You got it spot on my friend... very well done. Not many others would notice such a thing! :) I've seen alot of paint jobs online so far and many have missed that little tidbit of detail! :)

:confused:wacko:wacko:facepalm:(

What??????

Which way do they run??? Are they supposed to run a different way???

:confused:wacko:wacko:facepalm:(

What??????

Which way do they run??? Are they supposed to run a different way???

Aren't they representing streaking due to airflow direction, i.e. towards the back of the ship? Assuming there are some "airflow" effects in a vacuum!!!

There represent oil leaks etc...when the ships docked & cooling down it runs or smokes. Trouble is if that were the case you'd have multi air breaches in space!!! ;-).

Lets not get into how the weathering would actually occur or next we will be discussing how the hell it can manouver the way it does, or how X wings can fly in atmosphere...Its all just made up to look cool. The weathering is there to look good, not scientific ...remember its Science FICTION :lol

Great work Darkview.

Ha ha yes.... Now here's a tale of caution & stupidity.....

NOTE TO SELF: Do not dance about your living room to Bowie while your Falcon rests on the floor!!!!! :cry
c0d14a48159fc23a8e3694ad6985e829_zpsln387sjb.jpg

Still, could have been worse!!! The 2 front landing gears to the ramp were damaged!!! But to a testament to the hull nothing else was broken or buckled!!!

Fortunately no, l shouder at the thought of Monday so no videos ..., sent DeAgo the story & after they stopped laughing they are sending me a replacement!!! when in stock.....

"Unfortunately, I happen to know that the warehouse is out of stock of issue #38 at the moment (Bowie’s clearly influenced some others too…) and I don’t have one here at the office so it might be a little more of a wait but I can get the Customer Care Team to send a new issue to you as soon as they have any more stock"
thanks guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You did not repainted the parts complete right?You use the stock grey color of the parts as the base of your painting,right?

Right! I only just added my lamp black oil method steps (like page 2 & 7) on the Falcons given base colour...so no primer or added coatings, I painted on it as it came as l was happy with it colour... :) lots of hard rubbing with a tad of white spirit to weaken the black & create a weathered spread.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back