Thanks for the compliments dudes, but I'm really limited for space too!!! This is my Falcon underside.... I'm pleased so far considering l did the panels separate to help me focus on details. This is up to issue 46. Plenty more to do in fine detailing.

Note lve not yet done the majority of small black pen marks yet! I'll tell you why next time!!

TIP1: spirit level the underside as the roofing bolts will need it, plus lm to believe the jig is now a throwaway. (make sure the floor/table is level too).

d9d3d60931b93fcccf7ea16035eecfab_zpsvszhbkot.jpg

10c48caefc8c89984b210efd26da8516_zps5ujqjcub.jpg

Last edited:
Looking great my friend... love the work so far. Still waiting on my shipments to get to the point you are. I soooooooooooooo want to start painting the bottom so bad!!

The underside recesses in place, the mag says not to join these at this time (46) but so lve only screwed 2 screws per pit.... Its so l get a total feel for the underside painting....
82a8a25bf0298a023e7be312ba5cb8f2_zps5rqludvv.jpg

The lightings dark & shadowed due to bad natural lighting from window but hope you like a close up....
1817aae1f83c4d2f9d6f889653b2f278_zpsvkbmy8wn.jpg

This looks so good Darkview ,you must be very pleased!

One question if you don't mind, how did you apply your streaks?,I'm at that stage now you see so any tips you got would be great,i have the Tamiya weathering sets A,B,C etc....is that what you used?

This looks so good Darkview ,you must be very pleased!

One question if you don't mind, how did you apply your streaks?,I'm at that stage now you see so any tips you got would be great,i have the Tamiya weathering sets A,B,C etc....is that what you used?

Hi Daz, l use these make-up brushes & spongers from the pound shops... Perfect as l need to take little care of them & have a few sets...:) the spongers are great replacements for the Tamiya weathering kits.. The brush sets are mint, theres 2 flat headed brushes in a pack that are perfect for streaks! I mostly use soot in set A of Tamiya kits.
bb677bf0de6ace38b291bb328fd085be_zpsxkn38k4f.jpg

Last edited:
You lightened up those recessed pits very nicely bro! Looking awesome! :)
I've actually not lightened them since you thought they were too dark, honestly!, l kind of knew they'd be ok... Saying that when lve finished the underside lm tempted to add a tad of drybrush lighter 'space dust' over the pits engines depending. I'm glad tho you mentioned it as it keeps me alert to check dude :)

That is looking great can't wait to see your complete and fully operational model!!
Something I have been noticing and am curious about from other builders is how differently a lit photographed model looks when compared to looking at it in person, do you notice this with your work? If so what do you see the biggest difference being??

I like natural light whenever possible...so Yes at moment & if you look at various original studio shots you can see big differences depending on the shots taken at the time!!! Mainstream cameras were as a rule 'crap' bad flashes etc...

I'm going for a happy & best medium from all the sources I've studied. I'll be putting some better photography up when it's totally finished but my pictures so far are as near to what l see but the difference is the shadows as it's been 30 days of nights n' more here in the UK never mind the bloody rain!!! So not been able to get what l see totally in photos lately but it's near.

Last edited:
Wow..that looks so nice...so realistic.
Because this is my first SW spaceship I have a question:

How did you made this "stripes"?(RED arrows)
And are this areas paited with a brush or sprayed?(green arrows)

24262823uh.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back