TOP SIDE HULL
From this stage on its the working of the upper hull so I thought I'd show you the frame build from 48-54 + issues 1& 2....it took about an hour...
be3ec2924d311506620d1adc02bd7f9d_zpsdrdndf8m.jpg

Below: the resting plastic jig ....from left to right....issues 48 50 53 54.
TIP: write with marker the numbers with perminant marker when you get the issues..anyway thought I'd show you
it more clearly than the magazine or online....
13835f50faa033576dacbac308752f36_zpskae1luuz.jpg

Below: from the top-top side. I've just put the issue 2 plating(left) on to show what l did last year....
13775e4ce4674f7387503785ba0991f3_zpszw9sohkl.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work - just beautiful.
Going back tonight to read the entire thread and fill my brain with some of those great weathering techniques.
I have the first two subscriptions in boxes in the closet - I'll start on mine after I get a bit further on the SD.

Very well done, sir!

Gov, Praise indeed dude, yours in a logistic epic... I'm a one for the details too & want to create the best accurate version/look l possibly can & help all achieve it.

Lol, yes...& thanks....it's still STUDIOSCALE and as accurate as anything scratchbuilt (with inner detail benefits) don't care what a very rude few said in RookOmegas new thread before our sub exile...Glad you like it. Best it's all here l guess, just hope we don't have a new thread for every minor thing to do with it....

Will be working on these 2 upper parts next.....as always impressed with the parts that have been remoulded from the kit-bashing parts...
69c3531558d1599e059bf82b288a4ed1_zpsejthkp34.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I'd show you my second stage of the Starboard fore recess, (issue 53) I've the rust & space dust stages to do after, that may entail some good old fashion drybrushing;-)
fa6cb8722c4f38ba69d21799d6772f3a_zpskru3kvvb.jpg

It seems that the main virtue of this kit is that you are forced to have plenty of time to work on getting each part as good as possible before the next batch is received. Unless, of course you are one of the people who are waiting until they receive everything before they begin the build.

It seems that the main virtue of this kit is that you are forced to have plenty of time to work on getting each part as good as possible before the next batch is received. Unless, of course you are one of the people who are waiting until they receive everything before they begin the build.

Its not forced just how l adapt & wanted to do it...easier like the dark side ;-) monthly works great for me as lve other work commitments ...to me it's like a jigsaw that I can focus on each of the parts details...then once complete join the picture....I've made scratchbuilt work for years so it's nice to try different techniques like this...:)

A quick question, if I may, Darkview...

In relation to the following section (the circular piece, not the gun) - I'm wondering if there's any easy way to remove the bright factory paint-job from the coloured sections? Any ideas (from yourself or others) as to what might take the paint off, but not damage the plastic? I'm assuming you used steel wool or wet 'n' dry sandpaper to fade yours?

I'm kind of keen to take it right back to the plain beige base colour - and then paint up the coloured panels myself.

b96ab6898afb0880d31887dcbbc0c4fa_zpsmta3rtqs.jpg

Anybody tried brake fluid yet to remove the paint? That works and is safe on styrene (most of the time!)

Hi, to answer Krackajac, I simply masked the reds & greys and used enamel paints to the right colours over the top....Like this bottom one, infact since that picture you put on lve redone the top...
c783901d9c1119d823a25b77efdad072_zpse5zefgm7.jpg

7dda7885ed2bedbf7da765d6a7b88293_zpsqb4zn2kf.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I see! Thanks for that, Jordan. I've made the jump to hyper-space and subscribed - but have to make do with Issue 1 at the moment until I get my first shipment.

Last edited:
Thought I'd show you the crator bash I did under the cockpit....it's how I'd like it but will have to alter it to that awful filler look if lm to make it studio accurate....ho well ;-) lve still more detailing to add as well...
9fe97dffcdfb71b02eb364fb482d16a5_zpstuy2c1pp.jpg

It's looking great. I'm a fan of your modified damage.

Just out of interest, what program/software are you using to stitch your images together?

It's called FRAMES...app, you can decide white or black frames etc plus size & amount of frames.... I'm in Marrakech, Morroco at the moment...been on a Photoshoot for work but l decided to go on location a couple of hundred miles from there where Star Wars was shot & Game of Thrones etc...so I've took many shots for fantasy landscape pictures for when Falcon completed for digital work...Amazing backdrops...

Last edited:
sorry I don't to go back and read every post but are using a base color to paint the Falcon exterior parts or weathering over the stock paint color or plastic/resin mold color?

after seeing your amazing work, I might subscribe to the falcon. The kit was great already, but your works makes this kit look so damn awesome!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back