DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Yeah, I just get a little bothered by the added logo on top. If there was a way I could help by sending my watch to a replicator, I would but as you know it cost a lot of $$$.

Here it is today a couple of straps later.
FC8E9A6D-6932-42F4-A518-EB9DD8F9FE8E-349-0000001323ED7D00_zpseab3ade3.jpg

Can't wait for it to be spring so I can wear this bad boy. I have the same peacoat Daniel Craig wears in Skyfall so I'm set with movie jackets hahaha.

A88CDD61-230C-4ABC-8BE1-B18EDF90D325-349-000000132E2EFE40_zps60683a84.jpg

man where did you get that watch o_O
and that is the magnoli's jacket right? would you agree to say that the satin material is very thin and can get scratched very easily with your finger nails? also the scorpion doesnt seem to be big enough :S

Haha, I found it on a random listing on craig's list from a guy in California. Best $100 I ever spent. Yeap that's magnoli's jacket. It does look small but that's the jacket off and not zippered. It was one of his first I believe. It's something I will treasure forever.

what about the satin material? do you feel like if you run your nails along it too hard you can easily scratch it
i received my magnoli jacket a few days ago and its just so fragile it makes me not want to wear it :(

If youd carefully look up above your post... Im in the process of manufacturing replicas... that is as accurately as possible but due to the fact of copy write infringement laws and customs the production cant put the initial patek philippe on the dial or swiss made@__@ but that will come later after production.. well see.
The original drive watches are legitimately Patek made timepieces hence the entirety of the labeling, and engravings on the backside of the case...

I already realize that, but if you read what I was saying, I'm commenting about the Asian market not replicating the watch which they have done with almost ever other popular movie item thus far. It's taken how long now for someone like you to decide on trying to get the watch replicated? That's what I was saying.
I'm obviously excited for your endeavor and hope it's possible because I will be first in line to purchase one from you, as with a great many of those fans posting on this thread. At least if it's in a reasonable budget! LOL!

I know companies are fearful obviously of copywright laws, perhaps if you just have the exact copy watches made sans any logos, another company can print them on the dial for you, which as I understand is what you're looking into right now.

As for the image of the watch I posted above, that is what I'm told the production used and had the Patek and Swiss logos placed on the dial and replicated the Patek engraved back plate too. They were NOT actual Patek watches used at all in the production. The designers used the Calatrava as a basis for the Driver's watch. Those watches cost upward of $40K each, and as Rostman09 pointed out, it would be costly as heck to use original watches that would get banged up and sticky with the fake blood. It's not a Michael Mann sized budget film ( i say this as Colin Farrell wore a REAL Vacheron watch valued at $100K during MIAMI VICE-which as I understand Mann purchased for the film and kept the watch after production) .

Yeah, I just get a little bothered by the added logo on top. If there was a way I could help by sending my watch to a replicator, I would but as you know it cost a lot of $$$.

Here it is today a couple of straps later.
FC8E9A6D-6932-42F4-A518-EB9DD8F9FE8E-349-0000001323ED7D00_zpseab3ade3.jpg

Can't wait for it to be spring so I can wear this bad boy. I have the same peacoat Daniel Craig wears in Skyfall so I'm set with movie jackets hahaha.

A88CDD61-230C-4ABC-8BE1-B18EDF90D325-349-000000132E2EFE40_zps60683a84.jpg

That watch is BADA$$! You got lucky as hell finding that! best $100 spent, agreed! I know that Patek emblem above bothers you, but hey, that's the closest you can get ...for now :)

I do believe that is off the same line as the screen used ones. I have one really close to the real one, with a silver face, but under just a little light, it appears white. I assure you under those studio lights, it will look white. Hence that great shot from Argo. I wouldn't doubt on it being silver faced. A member here has the watch and it looked silver in his picture.

You know what, if you look really closely, I think you'll see that the hands are slightly different to the ones used in the original or yours. It's a very minor detail. However, there's no doubt that they are from the same manufacturer.

Hi Guys,

So I've been browsing this thread for the last 5 months and have really enjoyed seeing all of you get your costumes together as well as all the research you've undertaken!

I thought I'd say hi and show you my progress so far.

Henley

I managed to pick up x3 of these from H&M for the bargain price of £6.99 each. Really happy with the fit but just wish I managed to get more - keeping an eye out for Magnoils when they hit the shop.

Jeans

Picked up some cheap ones from H&M again which matched the Acne's in terms of design. Off to London next month so hoping to grab a pair of max raws as don't really want to buy online as unsure of sizing for these.

Watch

Got the Skagen and love it.

Boots

Stacy Adams arrived yesterday off ebay - really love them and actually comfy!

Jacket

Steady clothing size M - I'm 6ft, 11.5 stone and do a lot of gym work and it fits great - not constricting at all and can get a denim jacket under it also.

Pride and Joy

I managed to get no 144 out of 150 of James White's Drive posters and have finally got round to framing it.

So thats pretty much what I have at the moment - hoping to get the acne max raws next month as well as the gaspar gloves then I'll pretty much be content.

well I say content but hoping to grab more henleys in different colours when I find suitable ones as well as a few more pairs of the madisons as really love them.

Your jeans look great! They aren't the max raws but still a good find.

Your jeans look great! They aren't the max raws but still a good find.

Thanks buddy - really happy with them for under £30 but have a craving for the acnes - have never bought raw denim before so will be a new adventure!

Also your new jacket looks great - I'm currently trying to locate a Levi's vintage clothing slim fit trucker but having no luck so far - everything else I've found in vintage clothes stores seems too big and ill fitting and the new ones at the levi shop only come with silver buttons.

here is me in my magnoli jacket, levi's jacket and j-crew broken in henley
was wearing the stacy adams boots that just arrived as well :)
excuse the bad webcam quality

My jean jacket has arrived! I'll post more photos when I have received other items.

8519139875_caa0f7d11a_z.jpg

8520254748_3f5b290a19_z.jpg

dude legit jacket whered you find that bad boy?... I basically have the same one obviously the closest to the real thing as we can get... seriously nice. what size did you roll with?

Hi Guys,

So I've been browsing this thread for the last 5 months and have really enjoyed seeing all of you get your costumes together as well as all the research you've undertaken!

I thought I'd say hi and show you my progress so far.

Henley

I managed to pick up x3 of these from H&M for the bargain price of £6.99 each. Really happy with the fit but just wish I managed to get more - keeping an eye out for Magnoils when they hit the shop.

Jeans

Picked up some cheap ones from H&M again which matched the Acne's in terms of design. Off to London next month so hoping to grab a pair of max raws as don't really want to buy online as unsure of sizing for these.

Watch

Got the Skagen and love it.

Boots

Stacy Adams arrived yesterday off ebay - really love them and actually comfy!

Jacket

Steady clothing size M - I'm 6ft, 11.5 stone and do a lot of gym work and it fits great - not constricting at all and can get a denim jacket under it also.

Pride and Joy

I managed to get no 144 out of 150 of James White's Drive posters and have finally got round to framing it.

So thats pretty much what I have at the moment - hoping to get the acne max raws next month as well as the gaspar gloves then I'll pretty much be content.

well I say content but hoping to grab more henleys in different colours when I find suitable ones as well as a few more pairs of the madisons as really love them.

Looking good, dude!
My local H&M currently has a 10€ discount on all jeans, so I just got the same pair as you and one of those henleys.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back