Disgusting creatures! Who has a Jawa?

Tonfa Sartan: what grade of the enfield did you get according to that ad?

For the last 3 years, still one of my favorite pieces in my prop collection has to be the ROTJ Jawa that Wampa made for me. I'd post a picture but the camera ain't workin' right with the computer right now. Basically looks just like Wampa's shots above.
icon_smile.gif
Just recently gave him a droid caller!

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>WAMPA wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>can archived threads be posted to? if not, then maybe by a mod?

here's what i'm thinkin. have someone sum up this thread... maybe pick out some useful reference shots to include and then add that in a post to the end of the other, archived thread.

tom</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>
The only prob is that pics don't stay there. In the other archived thread, almost all the pics are gone now. But overall it's a good idea.

Or...

Have someone summarize THIS thread, as I did with the other. Then just copy and paste MY summary into THIS thread!

Bob's your uncle!
icon_smile.gif

So if I was using a regular bulb for the eyes, would you just run one wire + to the first bulb, onto the next bulb then to the - side of the battery pack?
I'm pretty clueless about hooking up electric stuff like that.

sluis, that is correct. It does matter on your bulbs and the battery voltage though. Not enough voltage, and the bulbs might not be very bright. The other to hook these up is in parallel, where the positive lead goes to both bulbs wires, and the negative lead go to the other bulb wires. Its like hooking up one bulb to the battery, then repeating that same hookup for the second bulb. This way the bulbs get the same amount of current.

I found using 2 flashlight sets, in parallel with only 2 D-cells (rather than the 4 it "should" have) works perfect. When i tried it with all 4 it was too bright..this seems just right to me.

tom

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Wampa, do you have any spare domes for the eyes? I was going to just use the little domes from the 25cent vending machines at the mall, but the have a little point on the top.</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

sorry, i'm out of the right size. the fxsupply.com ones are supposed to be nice.
tom

Draco, I would love to do a short tutorial sometime but right now I am so busy with other projects it would be impossible for me to do it right now. I can tell you though that when I made my jawa I had not found the RPF so my eyes are a little different. I used amber lens covers that I bought from a local tractor store. They are used as replacement covers for lights on tractors. They were really big so I just took a grinder to them and cut them down smaller. As for the head mine is hollow. I mount the eyes from the inside using screws. I use a single 4 watt ac light bulb which is in the center of the head. I tried using battery power but I was using a ton of batteries! I went the route of wiring in a night light bulb and now mine can burn all the time. Very little heat from a 4 watt bulb by the way.

DISCLAIMER! Do not leave this jawa or any other decoration turned on while unattended!
icon_smile.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>rileyreplicas wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>DISCLAIMER! Do not leave this jawa or any other decoration turned on while unattended!
icon_smile.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

excellent point... i'll add this... don't leave them unattended with droids. I woke up and all mine had restraining bolts!
icon_wink.gif

t

My Jawa is from WAMPA. He has a special way of making these that just seem to stand out. I was never a big Jawa fan or never cared to own anything related to jawas until I first saw how amazing one of his looked on an Ebay auction. Later when the chance came ot purchase one, I could not resist the opportunity.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>They have a $25 min. order. Anyone need Jawa eyes?

EDIT: I read further and it's a $100 min order for Canadians.
icon_frown.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Hey TD&D,
I need a pair, and I'm in the states. Maybe I can place the order, since it's a lower minimum here?

As far as archiving this thread, I started up a Jawa builders site a few months ago on Yahoo groups. Not many people know about it and there aren't many posts because I think most people are posting here and on Forttusken's thread on ezboard. The cool thing about yahoo groups is you can file information and pictures, etc. and it is never lost because it's filed. Just a thought.

Brett

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>TallDarkandDisfigured wrote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Good plan Zaph, but the eyes are very cheap(dollar wise) so we will need a few people, unless you see anything else you want there that will get us to the limit.</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Don't see anything else I need at the moment. Actually I couldn't even find the Jawa eyes there.
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back