Building the Slave I

Boba Fett 1138

Hi Guys,
Im new to this tread but not new to the board
Right Brack`s Buddie ?

I have made silicone moldes off of the Harrier part for the bottom of the slave 1 if any one wants castings these are
just like the injected parts (hollow) and presure cast to reduce bubbles.
These Harrier parts are used on lots of other SF models ATAT, sandcralwer ,slave 1 , Galatica
let me know if any one wants castings of them.

I did them because i didnt want to buy multiple of those bloody expencive $$$ kits!
and I wanted to eventuly do a sandsraler as well as the slave 1

Do you think you will be making a kit of the vac-ed hulls of your slave 1 available ?

Max

Hi Nathan!

Yes, I have worked on the Slave 1 again, finally. But I do not have a digital camera at this time. I will post pictures as soon as I have one. (later this month)

Tim

Hey everyone...have'nt seen this subject pop up in a while.Anyway....Ive been searching high and low for additional reference photos,and Ive visited pcmodeler.com a bunch of times,and I have'nt seen any Star Wars photos......only thing they have in their science fiction category is a bunch of Star Trek stuff.Do they have anything there on that web site,or is everyone getting the pics cause they know someone who works for that website or something like that?I could use more pics of the 32" Falcon if there are any available there...as well as shots of the Slave I(Love to do the ship).Actually....I originally wanted to do that one first,but I chickened out cause doing the curved hull looked far too intimidating to start on for a first time studio model.Anyways,if anyone has anything to add to looking up Star wars & getting references on pcmodeler,I'd much appreciate it,thanks-John

Hi guys. First off let me say that I know NOTHING about models. However, I would like to eventually do Slave I (as I am a HUGE Fett fan). I would like to SLOWLY begin to buy the models needed to make this. I see a list above but it isn't very detailed. Can we get a super detailed list (stating the EXACT model to buy) placed in this thread for everyone to see.

Concerning the Harrier... How much would one expect to pay for this model?

hey guys,

I have allready molded the Big harrier engine core for the bottom of the slave 1 ( see past posting above )
(Im planning on also making a sand cralwer later as well)
and would be willing to mold the rest of the kit parts and make them availible to the group as long as the cost of
silicone , resin and postage for mailing the parts out was covered .
I would be willing to do the work for free
to help EVERYONE make the best Slave 1 we all can do

Any parts sent to me on this project would be returned back
to the owner the way they came to me ,UN-damaged & UN-modified.

Max

PS
I also have access to casting these parts in a PRO resin injector ( no hand weighing and measuring needed )
and the parts would also be pressure cast to remove bubbles.
and because they buy their resin in 50 gal drums it will be cheeper on the resin cost .

Max

Hhhhmmm... This is NOT looking good. Even if we get all the parts, it will be all for nothing without the fuselage... I was hoping to begin picking up a piece here and a piece there but in the end, I would simply have a bunch of parts and nothing to attach them to. Doesn't look like this project can go very far without some outside intervention.

Exactly. It is Tim's choise as to whether or not he would like to provide the vacu-formed shells to the Slave 1. I have a bag of parts(not all the parts but a few) for this ship that I put together out of bordom. Unless there is someone else that can get together a main body identifying the parts is kinda useless.

I talked with Tim and he has no interest in selling copies of the fuselage at this time but he said he MIGHT consider it AFTER his Slave I was complete. With that in mind I am not going to pursue this project any further unless a fuselage is offered. No point in wasting the money on parts that may never be attached to anything.
icon_frown.gif

Making the main body of this beast is a tough one.There are enough references in the Chronicals to make the molds/patterns for it..whether or not a plug is made for a vacu form body,or a hallow fiberglass casting.The hardest challenge of all is making this thing so all the parts mate together......just have to be motivated to do it and willing to put the time&money into it.I have most of the parts needed for the kitbashing...minus a couple key ones.I cant tell if the part that shrouds around the central engine is from a model kit,or is a fabricated piece..there are'nt any good pictires of it I can find. I also cant find any picture references showing the complete&detailed underside of the Slave I instead of the partially comlpleted picture in the Chroncals book.If anyone has any ideas,or anything tom add......I love to hear'em-John

I've been tempted by this one, too. The shrouds around the main engines are the rear fender area from a Porshe 935. I haven't measured and compared yet, but it's unfortunately looking as if they're from the 1/8 Entex kit ($$$). I also discovered that the shrouds around and under the main dish are the front fender area from the same kit. The only photo I've ever seen of the completed underside is in Steve Sansweet's Star Wars Kenner action figure guide. Sadly, it's a small photo and hard to see any fine detail, but you can see how it changed as compared to the Chronicle photos. Hope this helps.

Dan

Thanks Dan,thats heaps of help for me and others as well.Actually,I am slowly acquiring that 1/8 Entex Porsche kit...it is a doozy no doubt.There is one on auction right now on ebay with a reserve price to be met and its already over $400.00,no surprise since it is a rare&sought after kit.I intend on making castings or vacu form molds of parts of that kit(& will make them available to others if they require them)....the 32" Falcon of course uses that transmission housing from it,and of course the much appreciated information from you...additional parts as well.I think I have all the kit bashing details needed...but there are always a few straglers...so in fact,I probably dont have all the parts,I'm just kidding myself.Anyways,thanks for the tip...and the only other thing I've been trying to figure out is how others are able to get Star Wars photo references from pcmodeler.com?Ive gone there numerous times and the only thing I get are picture references of Star Trek ships,and Ive seen people mention in the forum that they are getting good detailed pictures of the Slave I,Tie Fighter,Falcon...or whatever...ect,ect.Are there any pictures there,or is it you have to know someone who knows somebody who has,or can send the pictures?Maybe you can shed some light on this?Anyways,thanks a million Dan......keep up the good work-John

Hey, no problem, John! Good luck with the Porshe. If you mold parts off of it sometime and I'm still in need, count me in. Not too sure about pc modeler. For the longest time it was being redesigned and now all I can find is Star Trek reference also.

Dan

Bloody Hell................well..there's gotta be some pictures out there somewhere that someone has of the Slave I and the 32" Falcon thats better than what starship modeler can provide.Starship modeler has some good reference pics of the Falcon(no clear side,top,bottom references)nothing really solid of Slave I....and a few other vehicals.Im trying to draft up some decent plans of the falcon,and I think I'll do some for Slave I.It will be alot easier I think since there's a bit more to go on in the Chronicals book.
I'll be starting school this semester very soon,so If I can draft up the pics......& mak'em work....I'll try to sqeeze in a project in machine shop.My school has'nt a full 3 axis cnc mill..which sucks cause writing a 3d program in mastercam would be pointless for a 2 axis hybrid cnc mill(no programable Z movement).Think I'll make a series of patterns/templates...mill the basic shapes out..then fill it in with expanding urethane foam..the putty it up..ect,ect...make either vacu form molds,or a silicon RTV and make some hallow castings.Thats just a thought I have in my head......always changing&re-thinking /working plans.I should be acquiring that 1/8 porsche in a couple of months(cost me big $$$$$)....so when I get it,and make castings...I'll let the board know.Have a good one everybody-John

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back