Limited Run DaveP's Obi Static Parts Run 2022/23 (Sign-Up Closed)

mndy2uhay6a2.jpg

You’ll have to check the junkyard and Facebook groups- sometimes finished hilts go up pretty soon after.

(Not saying anything about the quality- sometimes people like turning a profit quickly after a run has closed - or may otherwise feel that the timing wasn’t right for them… etc)

Good luck- I know a lot of people are hoping to find one after the fact

**UPDATE**

Hi everyone.

I hope you're all well. I just wanted to drop another update with the current status of the run...

You may have seen that some of the parts have begun arriving with their new owners! It's such a relief to finally be able to start getting these out to everyone!

The orders that have gone are the smaller, individual parts orders that are not still waiting on the clamp parts and the injection moulded handwheel parts.

I'm still very busy preparing un-weathered hilts and expect to have these ready to go in time for the remaining parts arriving.

The status of these parts are as follows:

The injection moulded handwheel parts are now in full production. Following the arrival of the T1 samples, I requested an additional process to be applied prior to plating. The first set of samples had some tooling marks from the ejector pins that I've requested be removed from the final parts before the chrome is applied. There was an additional fee for this, but I felt that it was well worth paying to get them perfect. These are now in full production and I expect them to be completed soon.

The plating of the metal part for the handwheel will be complete next week! This coincides perfectly with the arrival of the remaining clamp parts. I am expecting these to arrive early next week. So I'll be heading over to the finishers at some point next week to pick up the handweel shoulders, and to drop off the clamps for plating. :)

With a bit of luck, the Handwheel parts will arrive while the clamps are being plated and I can get them all assembled.

I'm looking forward to sharing how these two remaining parts have turned out.

In the mean time, I'm happy to say that un-weathered grenades are all finished, and I'm in the process of getting the boosters and spacers blackened and ready to go too.

For those waiting on commissions, I have actually made a start already! There are certain things that I can do alongside the un-weathered orders, so I am making preparations for what is going to be a very busy few weeks!

These preparations include the cleaning up/deburring of parts, thinning and stamping of wind vane rings. Pre-rusting of steel parts, etc.

My first, early weathering test, was a bit of a cheat, as I wanted to get a fully assembled and weathered hilt put together as quickly as possible.

Since then, I have had the time to complete a weathered grenade using the methods I'll be applying to the final commissions. This involves the building up of real rust. The blacking solution is then applied in a controlled manner to match the references as closely as is possible.

Here it can be seen with both the un-weathered/blackened grenade and one that is still machine finish:

GRENADES.jpg

GRENADE CLOSE UP.jpg

My previous test was far too heavy on the highlights too. I've held back on these for this latest test and the results are much more natural looking and more in keeping with the original prop.

As requested, I've taken my latest build and produced some comparison shots. I've done my best to match the angle and field of view used to photograph the original.

I've found that these were taken with a telephoto lens however, which makes it tricky. My phone has a great camera (and zoom), but photographing from a distance does have an impact on the final resolution of the images. That said, I've done my best, and the results aren't too bad:

COMPARISONS copy.jpg

For the Emitter view, I took the liberty of adding the kink in the middle in photoshop!

EMITTER VIEW.jpg

These are by no means perfect. More could have been done to match the lighting, and the FOV is still a little off. I'm sure that someone could do a better job using a DSLR/Tripod. I hope you like them though. :)

I also took these beauty shots from a little closer:

STANDS.jpg

The stand was kindly provided by Shaun at SP Sabers. Thanks Shaun!

I do have a couple of designs of my own planned for a later date, but it's hard to say when those will be available with so much going on.

Now that orders have begun to ship, I thought I should probably re-post the interest list with order status, so that you can see where your order is up to. I'll update the original post with this list and will do my best to keep it updated going forward.

The list order is based on the original sign up list, except for where people have specifically asked to be moved in to batch two

**Please do bare in mind that work is being done across all three batches of commissions.**

Un-weathered orders are very nearly ready to go and are basically awaiting the last couple of parts, so work has now officially begun on weathering commissions (y)

PARTIAL ORDERS (No Clamp/Handwheel):

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
v312
SENT
CWOODREPLICAS
SENT
thd9791
SENT
NagorbArt
SENT
Remote People
SENT
JoeG
SENT
Redbutton
SENT
cphaeng
SENT
Anakin Starkiller
SENT
Diego86
SENT
Marv
SENT

UN-WEATHERED ORDERS:

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
teecrooz
AWAITING PARTS
DannyP91
AWAITING PARTS
Mr Mold Maker
AWAITING PARTS
The Sweatshop
AWAITING PARTS
PrinceZip
AWAITING PARTS
djedi
AWAITING PARTS
Mech10
AWAITING PARTS
moffeaton
AWAITING PARTS
APOLLO IND
AWAITING PARTS
Poopapapapalps
AWAITING PARTS
LukeBespin1975
AWAITING PARTS
acyang
AWAITING PARTS
sbeall
AWAITING PARTS
eethan
AWAITING PARTS
Aison
AWAITING PARTS
IronDestinyProps
AWAITING PARTS
Saberz
AWAITING PARTS
Ogibendogy
AWAITING PARTS
Andreas Laube
AWAITING PARTS
Danvader
AWAITING PARTS
Shaun Patterson
AWAITING PARTS
Jawajawa827
AWAITING PARTS
BRRogers
AWAITING PARTS
Soho
AWAITING PARTS

WEATHERING COMMISSIONS - BATCH ONE:

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
Dewy
IN PROGRESS/AWAITING PARTS
ggriffaw
mrwax
nailuj
Eruonen
RebelSpy007
dramukv (Insta)
Tjnitro18
SteuerEule
nemesis1974
Brett Banner
CJPx01
ChrisRode
JetSetWilly
Barnstormer
Foe Hammer
propfactory
smdwilliams
 Marco (FB)
ScourgiousJinx
Fire Bird
rustypanel
filandrius
Ivuchan
Masefield
DarthWilder
Jedifather

WEATHERING COMMISSIONS - BATCH TWO:

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
cdyoung
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Ron
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
ReploidRX
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
commodorekorns
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
memphisjedi
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Martin Sabers
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
nash
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Blue milk
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
NCC1027
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
victory201
PREPARING
NickCline
PREPARING
Darth Napster
PREPARING
Daphne (FB)
PREPARING
dcarty
PREPARING
ventuoguy
PREPARING
Jagjaguwar
PREPARING
ObiShane
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
CHS3CELL
PREPARING
roygilsing
PREPARING
Mrobb
PREPARING
Kawik (FB)
PREPARING
Willis Faucher FB
PREPARING
Jason_E
PREPARING
RoyDeckard
PREPARING
JoeSheep
PREPARING
jun
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Luke Moonwalker
PREPARING
DJTedMoney
PREPARING

WEATHERING COMMISSIONS - BATCH THREE

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
Rockbottom
PREPARING
r2p2
PREPARING
Christian-Alexander Ghoelz (FB)
PREPARING
Daniel Sczudlik
PREPARING
Gareth Hall (FB)
PREPARING
Luke David Kellett (FB)
PREPARING
Stephan Hammel (Via C-A.G)
PREPARING
Sni9er
PREPARING
Derek Pieper
PREPARING
Rick Dalton (FB)
PREPARING
Juvatwad
PREPARING
Jawakilla
PREPARING
shabad
PREPARING
marker2037
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Brodie53
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Martinokenobi
PREPARING
GregJC
PREPARING
Shinobi
PREPARING
Mo KB (FB)
PREPARING
Infernored
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
David Waeselynck (INSTA)
PREPARING
Jediwannabe
PREPARING
realcharks
PREPARING
Kompis
PREPARING
Bobasfett
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Darth Vinicius
PREPARING
14trharris
PREPARING
AVERY
PREPARING
skoota73
PREPARING

I'll get these added to the top post for your reference, and will update the status of each order as anything changes. (y)

Signing off again for now. I do tend to drop off the radar when I have lot of work to get through, but please rest assured that I'll be busy working on getting these out to everyone as soon as possible.

Thanks again everyone!

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave

Last edited:
**UPDATE**

Hi everyone.

I hope you're all well. I just wanted to drop another update with the current status of the run...

You may have seen that some of the parts have begun arriving with their new owners! It's such a relief to finally be able to start getting these out to everyone!

The orders that have gone are the smaller, individual parts orders that are not still waiting on the clamp parts and the injection moulded handwheel parts.

I'm still very busy preparing un-weathered hilts and expect to have these ready to go in time for the remaining parts arriving.

The status of these parts are as follows:

The injection moulded handwheel parts are now in full production. Following the arrival of the T1 samples, I requested an additional process to be applied prior to plating. The first set of samples had some tooling marks from the ejector pins that I've requested be removed from the final parts before the chrome is applied. There was an additional fee for this, but I felt that it was well worth paying to get them perfect. These are now in full production and I expect them to be completed soon.

The plating of the metal part for the handwheel will be complete next week! This coincides perfectly with the arrival of the remaining clamp parts. I am expecting these to arrive early next week. So I'll be heading over to the finishers at some point next week to pick up the handweel shoulders, and to drop off the clamps for plating. :)

With a bit of luck, the Handwheel parts will arrive while the clamps are being plated and I can get them all assembled.

I'm looking forward to sharing how these two remaining parts have turned out.

In the mean time, I'm happy to say that un-weathered grenades are all finished, and I'm in the process of getting the boosters and spacers blackened and ready to go too.

For those waiting on commissions, I have actually made a start already! There are certain things that I can do alongside the un-weathered orders, so I am making preparations for what is going to be a very busy few weeks!

These preparations include the cleaning up/deburring of parts, thinning and stamping of wind vane rings. Pre-rusting of steel parts, etc.

My first, early weathering test, was a bit of a cheat, as I wanted to get a fully assembled and weathered hilt put together as quickly as possible.

Since then, I have had the time to complete a weathered grenade using the methods I'll be applying to the final commissions. This involves the building up of real rust. The blacking solution is then applied in a controlled manner to match the references as closely as is possible.

Here it can be seen with both the un-weathered/blackened grenade and one that is still machine finish:

View attachment 1700418

View attachment 1700417

My previous test was far too heavy on the highlights too. I've held back on these for this latest test and the results are much more natural looking and more in keeping with the original prop.

As requested, I've taken my latest build and produced some comparison shots. I've done my best to match the angle and field of view used to photograph the original.

I've found that these were taken with a telephoto lens however, which makes it tricky. My phone has a great camera (and zoom), but photographing from a distance does have an impact on the final resolution of the images. That said, I've done my best, and the results aren't too bad:

View attachment 1700419

For the Emitter view, I took the liberty of adding the kink in the middle in photoshop!

View attachment 1700420

These are by no means perfect. More could have been done to match the lighting, and the FOV is still a little off. I'm sure that someone could do a better job using a DSLR/Tripod. I hope you like them though. :)

I also took these beauty shots from a little closer:

View attachment 1700421

The stand was kindly provided by Shaun at SP Sabers. Thanks Shaun!

I do have a couple of designs of my own planned for a later date, but it's hard to say when those will be available with so much going on.

Now that orders have begun to ship, I thought I should probably re-post the interest list with order status, so that you can see where your order is up to. I'll update the original post with this list and will do my best to keep it updated going forward.

The list order is based on the original sign up list, except for where people have specifically asked to be moved in to batch two

**Please do bare in mind that work is being done across all three batches of commissions.**

Un-weathered orders are very nearly ready to go and are basically awaiting the last couple of parts, so work has now officially begun on weathering commissions (y)

PARTIAL ORDERS (No Clamp/Handwheel):

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
v312
SENT
CWOODREPLICAS
SENT
thd9791
SENT
NagorbArt
SENT
Remote People
SENT
JoeG
SENT
Redbutton
SENT
cphaeng
SENT
Anakin Starkiller
SENT
Diego86
SENT
Marv
SENT

UN-WEATHERED ORDERS:

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
DannyP91
AWAITING PARTS
Mr Mold Maker
AWAITING PARTS
The Sweatshop
AWAITING PARTS
PrinceZip
AWAITING PARTS
djedi
AWAITING PARTS
Mech10
AWAITING PARTS
moffeaton
AWAITING PARTS
APOLLO IND
AWAITING PARTS
Poopapapapalps
AWAITING PARTS
LukeBespin1975
AWAITING PARTS
acyang
AWAITING PARTS
sbeall
AWAITING PARTS
eethan
AWAITING PARTS
Aison
AWAITING PARTS
IronDestinyProps
AWAITING PARTS
Saberz
AWAITING PARTS
Ogibendogy
AWAITING PARTS
Andreas Laube
AWAITING PARTS
Danvader
AWAITING PARTS
Shaun Patterson
AWAITING PARTS
Jawajawa827
AWAITING PARTS
BRRogers
AWAITING PARTS

WEATHERING COMMISSIONS - BATCH ONE:

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
Dewy
ggriffaw
mrwax
nailuj
Eruonen
RebelSpy007
dramukv (Insta)
Tjnitro18
SteuerEule
nemesis1974
Brett Banner
CJPx01
ChrisRode
JetSetWilly
Barnstormer
Foe Hammer
propfactory
smdwilliams
 Marco (FB)
ScourgiousJinx
Fire Bird
rustypanel
filandrius
Ivuchan
Masefield
DarthWilder
Jedifather

WEATHERING COMMISSIONS - BATCH TWO:

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
teecrooz
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
cdyoung
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Ron
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
ReploidRX
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
commodorekorns
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
memphisjedi
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Martin Sabers
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
nash
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Blue milk
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
NCC1027
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
victory201
PREPARING
NickCline
PREPARING
Darth Napster
PREPARING
Daphne (FB)
PREPARING
delm
PREPARING
ventuoguy
PREPARING
Jagjaguwar
PREPARING
ObiShane
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
CHS3CELL
PREPARING
roygilsing
PREPARING
Mrobb
PREPARING
Kawik (FB)
PREPARING
Willis Faucher FB
PREPARING
Jason_E
PREPARING
RoyDeckard
PREPARING
JoeSheep
PREPARING
jun
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Luke Moonwalker
PREPARING
DJTedMoney
PREPARING

WEATHERING COMMISSIONS - BATCH THREE

NAME:
ORDER STATUS:
Rockbottom
PREPARING
r2p2
PREPARING
Christian-Alexander Ghoelz (FB)
PREPARING
Daniel Sczudlik
PREPARING
Gareth Hall (FB)
PREPARING
Luke David Kellett (FB)
PREPARING
Stephan Hammel (Via C-A.G)
PREPARING
Sni9er
PREPARING
Derek Pieper
PREPARING
Rick Dalton (FB)
PREPARING
Juvatwad
PREPARING
Jawakilla
PREPARING
shabad
PREPARING
marker2037
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Brodie53
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Martinokenobi
PREPARING
GregJC
PREPARING
Shinobi
PREPARING
Mo KB (FB)
PREPARING
Infernored
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
David Waeselynck (INSTA)
PREPARING
Jediwannabe
PREPARING
realcharks
PREPARING
Kompis
PREPARING
Bobasfett
UNDECIDED / PREPARING
Darth Vinicius
PREPARING
14trharris
PREPARING
AVERY
PREPARING
skoota73
PREPARING

I'll get these added to the top post for your reference, and will update the status of each order as anything changes. (y)

Signing off again for now. I do tend to drop off the radar when I have lot of work to get through, but please rest assured that I'll be busy working on getting these out to everyone as soon as possible.

Thanks again everyone!

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave
The comparison pictures are fantastic along with your new weathering techniques and I do love the display stand from SP Sabers (will have to get one myself )!

Wow a chart, thank you. You’re doing a beautiful job on these, you should know. Any tips for darkening inconel? (Inner ring of emitter) I have a propane torch now because I’m making a sword so, that part of the weathering I’m prepared for lol

Wow a chart, thank you. You’re doing a beautiful job on these, you should know. Any tips for darkening inconel? (Inner ring of emitter) I have a propane torch now because I’m making a sword so, that part of the weathering I’m prepared for lol

Do it like it was originally used for. Get a fire going, cover the part in grease, and then cook it over the fire to taste. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back