Interest DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

Hey Dave, congrats on learning a NURBs process so fast! That's incredible. I'm a Solidworks guy, so that's where I live, and SubD/polygonal modeling is the foreign land to me. But I'd love to learn that world too.

Anyway, after trying to resist for a while, I don't think I can pass on something as beautiful as what you've done here. If there's still space, please put me on the interest list - I'd want a full ROTJ version, motorized w/blade, but no emitter bending. Absolutely astonishing what you've done here.

Hey Dave, congrats on learning a NURBs process so fast! That's incredible. I'm a Solidworks guy, so that's where I live, and SubD/polygonal modeling is the foreign land to me. But I'd love to learn that world too.

Anyway, after trying to resist for a while, I don't think I can pass on something as beautiful as what you've done here. If there's still space, please put me on the interest list - I'd want a full ROTJ version, motorized w/blade, but no emitter bending. Absolutely astonishing what you've done here.
Hi There! Thanks so much! For taking part in the run, and for your kind words :) Much appreciated! I've updated the list and my notes. I'm currently in the process of confirming orders, so I'll be in touch soon with a breakdown of your order, to double check. (y)

Put me down for a ROTJ full kit and ANH full kit. Thanks.
Hi there! That's fantastic! Thank you! I've updated the list and my notes (y) I'll be in touch soon to give you a breakdown and to check that you're happy to go ahead.

Everyone, thanks so much for your patience while I continue to go through the list. It's proving to be a mammoth task, but I want to double check that I have the correct order for everyone before I start taking payments. Very nearly there, and if I haven't been in touch yet, I will be very soon. (y)

Thanks again everyone!

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave

I'm interested in one "Complete ANH Motorised Stunt (Including Commission)". I hope I'm not too late :)
Hi Chris. That's awesome! Thank you. Not too late, no. I've updated the list and my notes. Thanks again! (y)

I'm just in the process of confirming people's orders. Very nearly done (It's been a long process), then I'll be moving on to sending out invoices for the parts, which should be a lot more straight forward. :)

**Update**

Hi Everyone. Just a quick update to say that everyone on the list should now have been contacted to confirm their orders, so please check your DMs if you haven't seen it. Thanks everyone! (y)

It's been an incredibly long process, so thank you all for your patience while I worked my way through the list.

I've updated the interest list to show where we stand in terms of confirmed orders. "Contacted" does not mean that I haven't received a response. I have a lot of ongoing conversations where I am discussing various options and changes to orders, etc. As soon as an order is locked down and agreed upon, I'll mark as "Thumbs Up".

I'll be moving on to invoicing those marked as "Thumbs Up" next.

First though, here's a quick preview of an example of a ROTJ commission, as promised. This is a Starkiller V2, and I have to say it is a wonderful piece of kit!

So, the commission consists of:

• Emitter bending
  • Pommel Damage (including mystery machine mark)
  • Chemical darkening of the aluminium parts
  • Stencilling/painting
  • Additional weathering powder
  • Matte clear coat
  • Central rod chip and lathe centre mark
  • Clamp and lever weathering (subtle chrome removal followed by brass black)
  • Lever chunk darkening

PXL_20210921_144943933.jpg
PXL_20210921_145118257.jpg

PXL_20210929_111232045.jpg

PXL_20210921_145403290.jpg
PXL_20210929_110104360.jpg
PXL_20210929_110800233.jpg
PXL_20210929_111202412.jpg
PXL_20210929_111254295.MP.jpg
PXL_20210929_111527984.jpg

*Some of these were taken prior to me weathering the clamp and lever.

Here's a quick video of the finished thing:

You might notice that there is a mistake in the stencils on this build. It was painted using a previous version of my stencils and the very top ring of the grenade section is incorrect. This has been fixed in the latest version of the stencils:

VIEW 1 RENDER.jpg

Anyway, I just wanted to share these before moving on to invoicing. I hope you like them. :)

As I've mentioned to a couple of people this week. I'm happy to work with clients to achieve the look they want. I may have gone a little dark with the acid in the above build, but that's to my liking as I think it makes the features pop more. You may not want any darkening at all? Or perhaps you have a specific request? I'm happy to discuss this with people when the time comes. (y)

I'd just like to say thank you again to you all for your patience over the past week! I'm not the fastest at typing, or particularly good with numbers, so it's been a gruelling week! I'm really happy that everyone's been contacted though and people are confirming their orders as we speak.

I'll continue to respond to messages as soon as I can and I'll be moving on to invoicing shortly.

Thanks again everyone and MTFBWY,

Dave

I had a hard time choosing between the Obi and the V2, but now I know for sure that I do need both :)

Can you put me also on the list for a "Complete ROTJ V2 (Including Comission)"? If still available, with a vintage mystery chunk. Thanks!

**Update**

Hi Everyone. Just a quick courtesy update to let everyone know where things are up to....

Everyone who has given a thumbs up to the initial confirmation message has either been invoiced or has arranged payment.

I'm just waiting on a few people to either pay or give me a thumbs up to invoice them.

All the models are uploaded to the manufacturer, so it's just a case of placing the order once I have the final quantities.

With it having taken so long for me to get the invoices out (right up to today), I'm thinking people would appreciate having the weekend to pay, so I'm going to place the order on Monday if that's ok with everyone?

It gives people a chance to respond to their messages too. I'd hate for anyone to miss the run because they hadn't seen a message in their inbox.

I hope everyone is ok with this. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any concerns.

The list is up to date as it stands right now, and I am trying to keep it up to date as things progress.

Being marked as "Contacted" does not mean that I haven't received a response. Likewise, being marked as "Invoiced" does not mean that the invoice has not been acknowledged. There are still several ongoing conversations regarding peoples orders.

I'll continue to respond to people's messages behind the scenes and invoice people as soon as I get that important Thumbs Up (y)

If you think that you should have received an invoice by now, but haven't, please do get in touch! It could be that I'm waiting for a thumbs up to the most recent breakdown you were sent.

I'd just like to say another huge THANK YOU to everyone for taking part in this run! Your support and words of encouragement mean a lot!

All the best, and MTFBWY-A!

Dave

I can’t wait Dave! The fact that you’ve worked so hard, and gotten such a quality run together in a fair amount of time, with so many references and models speaks volumes of your character!

**Update**

Hi Everyone. Just a quick courtesy update to let everyone know where things are up to....

Everyone who has given a thumbs up to the initial confirmation message has either been invoiced or has arranged payment.

I'm just waiting on a few people to either pay or give me a thumbs up to invoice them.

All the models are uploaded to the manufacturer, so it's just a case of placing the order once I have the final quantities.

With it having taken so long for me to get the invoices out (right up to today), I'm thinking people would appreciate having the weekend to pay, so I'm going to place the order on Monday if that's ok with everyone?

It gives people a chance to respond to their messages too. I'd hate for anyone to miss the run because they hadn't seen a message in their inbox.

I hope everyone is ok with this. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any concerns.

The list is up to date as it stands right now, and I am trying to keep it up to date as things progress.

Being marked as "Contacted" does not mean that I haven't received a response. Likewise, being marked as "Invoiced" does not mean that the invoice has not been acknowledged. There are still several ongoing conversations regarding peoples orders.

I'll continue to respond to people's messages behind the scenes and invoice people as soon as I get that important Thumbs Up (y)

If you think that you should have received an invoice by now, but haven't, please do get in touch! It could be that I'm waiting for a thumbs up to the most recent breakdown you were sent.

I'd just like to say another huge THANK YOU to everyone for taking part in this run! Your support and words of encouragement mean a lot!

All the best, and MTFBWY-A!

Dave
Super pumped about this run Dave! Forgot to ask in our DMs and maybe I missed it somewhere but what's the rough timeline once you've placed the order with the machinist ?

Super pumped about this run Dave! Forgot to ask in our DMs and maybe I missed it somewhere but what's the rough timeline once you've placed the order with the machinist ?
Hi Charles.

So, on Monday I'll be pacing the order for the parts, with a lead time of 15-20 working days (3-4 weeks). So, all being well, I should have all the parts arriving by the first week of November. For the no commissioned, DIY kits, I plan to have all the boxes and shipping labels made up, ready to go out the door straight away. It's take a few days to get through Pommel Emitter damage commissions for the remaining DIY kits. After that I'll be working through the commissions in batches of 10 X ROTJ + 10 X ANH commissions per month. I'll be able to give everyone a precise batch number once all the orders are all set in stone after Monday. I'm hoping to have Batches one and two out before Christmas, starting on Batch three in the new year. All the ANH commissions will be out before the new year, so there's a chance I could potentially get through all the remaining commissions in January (Maybe).

As with any run, there is always a chance that things could take longer than expected. I'm putting all other work on hold while I get through these, but I am a perfectionist, so I will need to ensure that each commission is perfect before I let it go out.

I'll be able to give a much more detailed breakdown after Monday, and will break the interest list down in to batches once everything is set in stone. (y)

Hope that sound ok.

Thanks again and all the best,

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back