Comic Con 2013

So I sent my screenshots to Comic Con...It's all in their hands now...hopefully they can do something for me...although I kinda doubt it.

So I sent my screenshots to Comic Con...It's all in their hands now...hopefully they can do something for me...although I kinda doubt it.

What address did you send to?

I clicked at 9 AM, finally at 10:01 AM I was shown as #23060. Never updated from there, just froze! :angry Tried calling the number, as the directions stated to call if there was an issue. Sure enough busy, busy, busy (35 times) then got through!! :confused... to voicemail!! :lol

Around Noon, they posted on FB sold out...still was at #23060!!!!!!!! :angry

I understand so, so many people are trying to get tickets, however, the system they use needs to accommodate that. It's not like they didn't know what traffic they'd have. The EPIC system is insufficient to accomplish this. Comic-con has been using them since 2008, I believe.

As well, it's not like they don't get feedback every year about what doesn't work during these registrations. It's all over FB, Twitter and the like.

I was able to attend last year, and went to the feedback session. I, as did many others there, complained about the system and how it needs to handle the load and clearly communicate the opportunity to purchase, and the Comic-Con rep there seemed very uninterested. It's almost as if they know they'll sell-out, so not concerned. As well, it only adds to the publicity.

Well, I'll still try for the returned tickets when they post them, but likely the first year since 1995 that I won't be going. :unsure

Dan

Here's to hoping they upgrade the people with 4 1 day passes to the 4 day pass like they did last year! I DON'T want to wait in that god awful line like they had last year every morning!

- Jeff

Here's to hoping they upgrade the people with 4 1 day passes to the 4 day pass like they did last year! I DON'T want to wait in that god awful line like they had last year every morning!

- Jeff

You mean you have to wait to get your day passes every morning? That is stupid. So glad I have my 4 days passes...

- Jeff

If you look at the badge pick up schedule, you can pick up all your single days on the earliest day you have. Dunno if they will give you a 4-day badge so you only have one hanging around, but shouldn't need to wait in line.

Oh, well that's cool then! I was wondering if they changed the color of the lanyard holder each day as well or just the color of the Badge.

- Jeff

Well, as a follow-up to one of the three e-mails I sent, they replied with:

Thank you for providing us a screen shot of the waiting room. Comic-Con and EPIC Registration are currently in the process of researching your issue. Please allow 5 - 7 business days for us to reply, as we are taking time to thoughtfully process each of these issues individually.

Again, thank you so much for your patience and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Attendee Registration
Comic-Con International

I'm probably one of tens of thousands who sent them an e-mail. While it would have made sense to set some aside in order to address/resolve issues with the ticketing system, I seriously doubt that was done.

Dan
--

this happened to my father and I too, we got #350 and thought this was a miracle but it never updated we heard a guy had #16 as well but also never updated we did the same the and got the same reply
we were only were trying to get friday and saturday because we already had thursday and sunday from the previous sale for previous attendees. at least we have that going for us.

Hi all; After six years of loyal patronage, I canceled my reservation at the Westgate Hotel, which is a relatively short walk to the convention center. I always felt I would rather pay the full night's room rate and be close to the convention, than pay a discounted convention rate and be stuck with a room miles away. I had lucked out years ago, when getting an online Comic-Con pass was easy, and a google search showed all the hotels within a reasonable walk to all the fun. Always booked a reservation at the end for the following year. It was always a treat either seeing a celebrity or two in the lobby. Oh well, all good things come to an end. So, if anyone wants to avoid the housing route, you might try and give the Westgate a call.

I got an email back from them just letting me know they will give me a heads up when resales go on sale...not very encouraging...

Question for those who attended last year: what day was the Game of Thrones and Big Bang Theory panels? I know getting into either of those is going to be next to impossible. Any tips?

You really wont know this until later.

Friday is always starwars day.

Saturday is your biggest day. I would say that will usually be on thursday or saturday.

Re: SDCC 2013 - first-timer

As I stated above, they are not all sold out, Just the first run of them for people who went last year. As long as you are signed up, you will get an email telling you a few days in advance when the tickets will go onsale again for the 2013 SDCC. Do not fret, just sit by your email box and await the email on a date when they will go onsale.

If you have to sit in that waiting room thing and try to buy one , you might as well say there sold out. Every year that thing crashes and sells out within 20 mins.

I've been going since 1997 , best way to get tickets is to find a friend who has a professional pass or apply for one yourself.

They have a separate registration for us before they sell to you guys.

Well, sending the screenshot got myself an e-mail stating they would give priority access for any resale of returned tickets.

If it's the same EPIC system, I don't hold out much hope. However, a chance is exactly that, a chance! :confused

Dan

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back