Comic Con 2013

Here's another question, since we're all troubleshooting here. How strict are they about badge checking? Reason I ask is I didn't realize my wife had to have a member ID. I was just going to get a badge for her through my member ID but it didn't let me do that on the advanced resale so I ended up using my buddy's ID who's not going. Will I be able to pickup both badges (since I paid for them) and use his for my wife?

I had the EXACT same problem. But here's my issue, I didn't know my wife needed her own ID and I didn't know anyone else's ID to purchase the second ticket. So now I have tickets for me only.... Like I would actually go to comic-con by myself!! Now i'm stuck. I can't return the ticket, I can't sell the ticket, and my wife can't go with. I'm effed in multiple ways.

Unfortunately, upon badge pick-up, they check each adult individuals' state issued ID.

Just so you understand the consequences of using anothers badge, many tried to sell/lend their ticket(s) to friends, strangers on sundays or craigslist and ended up in a permament ban. I wouldnt risk it

What if i pick up the badges with my ID, but since my wife can't go in with me, I just sell them in the parking lot? Think that would work or no?

What if i pick up the badges with my ID, but since my wife can't go in with me, I just sell them in the parking lot? Think that would work or no?

So you have multiple badges? I think picking them up is the problem if you don't have the member ID there with the person it belongs to. Once you have it, you have it right?

So you have multiple badges? I think picking them up is the problem if you don't have the member ID there with the person it belongs to. Once you have it, you have it right?

I was only able to purchase 1 badge for thurs and Sunday for myself. Couldn't get one for my wife. But the screwy thing is that I had to pay for mine before I could get to the screen to order another one. Now I'm stuck.

I feel ya, my friend is supposed to come help me pick up the other badge but if not, then I got to talk some sense into these people...my wife is coming with me, that's all I know.

Selling a badge is strictly forbidden. Like I mentioned before, if you get caught, it can result in a permament ban. I know CCI worked with craigslist and ebay to identify and ban "scalpers." Who knows, they may even have "plants" outside.

If you were successful in selling your badge, you'll have the possiblility of security checking badges at the door. Thursday is the first day of cci, they'll probably be on top of checking badges. Being a sunday, those are the days most people are going home and leaving early to avoid traffic. They are also the most likely badges are "handed off/sold" to another since they're done with them.

Not to sound paranoid or a downer, but since I love going and been going for years, I wouldn't risk it.

On the plus side, if 2014 presell is like last years, then just having a ticket will allow you to participate in next years early presell

Edit: sorry, accidentally read that wrong.

Last edited:
anyone looking for a hotel room. i reserved 2 and now my friend cant make it. its a small hole in the wall place a couple blocks from the convention center. it has crappy reviews but its been good for my buddy and i for the last 3 years. $125 or $175 a night. PM if interested.

I have tried to get tickets for the last two years with no luck. Really sucks. I wish they would just sell at the door like they use to.

Robert

Has it gotten particularly worse getting tickets in the last couple of years? I went in 2011, from the UK, and the whole EPIC debacle was laughable but I had no greater issue getting tickets than getting tickets for say..Reading and Leeds festival in the UK.

I'd like to go again, but I can't really justify it to my other half as a "holiday" again (she was into it, but not THAT much into it). I did somewhat feel like we missed out on half the experience, because we were in a hotel on Hotel Circle, which put us nice and close to badge pickup, but sorta kept us out of the way for the nightlife.

Unless they change the way they sell tickets I don't see myself going in a very long time. I can't just hang around my computer waiting for the tickets to go on sale. Crazy!! The sad thing is there a quite of few people that have been going to the con just because it's the cool thing to do. I think the worst thing they ever did was air the con on G4. Oh well....

Robert

The pictures and videos from comic con is something I look forward to each and every year. Almost makes up for not being able to attend one.....almost. While I know many have gotten fed up with the attention and growth it has gotten over the years I love all the comic book movie news and panels. Here is hoping for something Deadpool from fox.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back