Comic Con 2013

For those applying for a pro-pass, remember to get your credentials in before December!

I flaked on it like three years in a row and regret it, but thank god this year I had a friend manage to snag me two normal-pass days (Thursday and Sunday- not bad, really!) But will definitely be getting my paperwork in well ahead of the deadline for next year. I have only been once, about three or four years ago, with a pass for Thursday and Sunday as well and had a blast! We went to the Zoo on Saturday instead ahaha. I enjoy the panels but never have the patience to wait in those lines, so I'm not too upset about missing Saturday this year :) (Until there's an event I'm dying to go to that day haha)

I believe tickets were rereleased to those whose screen froze during the last ticket sales. From what I understand, anyone who participated today were guaranteed single or 4 day passes. Tickets will go in sale for the general public later this month (whatever's left from today).

Glad I got my 4 day passes last year.

Quick question to the seasoned vets here. I'm thinking about trying to get badges during the resale if they do have it. Anybody know how quickly these sell out from past resales? Also what's the cap on how many badges you can pick up? I know each badge needs a member ID but is there a limit on how many you buy?

Last year, the resale sold extremely fast. I think it was a matter of minutes. They will be very limited compared to the thousands of tickets upon first general public release.

I believe you should be able to go for 4 badges, although I could be wrong. That applied to first general public sales.

Here's another question, since we're all troubleshooting here. How strict are they about badge checking? Reason I ask is I didn't realize my wife had to have a member ID. I was just going to get a badge for her through my member ID but it didn't let me do that on the advanced resale so I ended up using my buddy's ID who's not going. Will I be able to pickup both badges (since I paid for them) and use his for my wife?

Here's another question, How strict are they about badge checking?

I've been twice and have gone and left the convention center about 20 times and NEVER had anyone look at my name. The door people have 50,000 people going in and out ever few hours, so they only want to see that you have a badge.

Will I be able to pickup both badges (since I paid for them) and use his for my wife?

Unfortunately, upon badge pick-up, they check each adult individuals' state issued ID.

Just so you understand the consequences of using anothers badge, many tried to sell/lend their ticket(s) to friends, strangers on sundays or craigslist and ended up in a permament ban. I wouldnt risk it

Well, we certainly don't want that! Maybe I'll just be upfront about it when I go pickup the badges and explain my situation. I'd doubt they'd rather give me a refund than a pass for my wife since both are paid for. Plus, it's unrealistic for them to think people will go by themselves when only allowing them to buy a single badge per member. It's easier to deal with a person than go through a website or phone number, so I'm sure I can come to an understanding there.

It's worth a shot to ask. I've never heard a successful badge transfer, but that was always due to selling.

If you want more info from the experts, try Alyssa at Friends Of Comi-Con International. I've been going to the con since '97, but just to go. She may have contacts.

I just got badges for me and the wife but I have a cousin who's getting married on Saturday so I will have to return for that grrrr! Is there going to be some kind of an rpf gathering?

It's just over a month from now. Is it me or is the info coming out a bit slow this year? Didn't last year we already had a good compiled list of signings and appearances?

So, with a bit of incredible good luck, I became eligible through the drawing to purchase resale badges. Again, as luck would have it, it said I could purchase up to four badges as long as the additional individuals had Comic Con IDs, and I just so happen to have 3 peeps that want to attend that have Comic Con IDs.

Here's my worry though, it's while the badges are in stock. How good would my chances be to obtaining all four tickets? I know the sales go super quick. Plus I have to worry about the browser timing out, or the computer freezing, and similar problems that could screw things up.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back