npoulos39

Love the CW flash series and the costume but for me nothing beats the comic/animated style look of the simple spandex so I'm attempting to make a custom spandex suit with a little bit of a twist too it. Here is a quick rendering of what a plan to do. I plan on thick dark red seams with a bright red spandex. The textured areas of the red are going to be a mesh spandex just to add a bit of texture and make it look a little less plain. Also for the mask I am going to do a face shell much like ones under the spiderman costumes just to give it some shape and thickness.

WIP01_12_09_25_1.jpg

So I decided to use tooling leather which I soaked and shaped to my head to make the face shell. the reason I did it for only the front of my head is so that when i can cover it in the spandex with the suit i can pull it off and back like a hood. 20150608_221520.jpg Still have some smoothing out and shaping to do also need to find a way to permanently adhere the pieces to each other right now i just have duct tape holding it together on the back of the mask.

So I decided to use tooling leather which I soaked and shaped to my head to make the face shell. the reason I did it for only the front of my head is so that when i can cover it in the spandex with the suit i can pull it off and back like a hood. View attachment 487692 Still have some smoothing out and shaping to do also need to find a way to permanently adhere the pieces to each other right now i just have duct tape holding it together on the back of the mask.

Really awesome man! I look forward to seeing more of your suit.

Shaved down some edges and shaped the mask a little more and added a coat of red (just for fun :p)
Also my samples have come in the mail and i think i narrowed it down to the two I will be using for the suit.
Snapchat-7474496320102018965.jpgSnapchat-3110794368731980614.jpgSnapchat-6909179986597556220.jpgSnapchat-7652143687656241206.jpg

I really am interested in seeing how this will turn out I was thinking of taking a similar approach on a batman mask but will wait for u and hopefully learn something

I really am interested in seeing how this will turn out I was thinking of taking a similar approach on a batman mask but will wait for u and hopefully learn something

Funny you say that while i was shaping this one I thought about doing a batman one out of this leather as well

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back