Hello! My paint scheme is just a custom design. I saw one online and changed it a little to what I thought looked good.

For the visor, I just used a motorcycle helmet visor that I got on Amazon. I had to cut it with a dremel tool because it was kinda thick. The visor said non-fogging, but it still did fog up a little to be honest. I would definitely recommend installing a small usb powered fan in your helmet to cool you down some. You can power it by getting a usb battery stick. I got both from Amazon and I showed it in my first video.
You usually got some airflow over the visor inside on motorcycle helmets so the fog-stop coating can rely on that to work. So that fan is needed to get the airflow back

hiya! im trying to make a good captain rex helmet, (phase 2 animated)

and i cant decide whether to have the helmet clamshell open, or if i should just widen the neck hole

Glad to help! I remember Captain Fordo very well from those old cartoon movies. :D
I was a little child like i think a 1 yr old when it came out... so i never watched it when it first aired. A lot of my friends my age are just like "who?" when i tell them who im gonna be for Halloween. and my reply all the time to them when they say that is "youre not a true star wars fan if you dont know of even the very little mentioned characters". my best friend actually got me into star wars last year!:lol: i thank him for that every day because its amazing lol

and i cant decide whether to have the helmet clamshell open, or if i should just widen the neck hole
i made a phase 1 clone helmet and just made the bottom wide so my head could fit. but if you decide to do that... make the neckhole JUST big enough to fir around your head

You usually got some airflow over the visor inside on motorcycle helmets so the fog-stop coating can rely on that to work. So that fan is needed to get the airflow back
That's a good point. I also tried some cooling headbands that you soak in water, but I think it just make it worse inside the helmet lol.

Yeah that's a tough choice. I've only tired opening the neck hole more, but I bet the other way could be done. It might be tricky lining up everything if you decide to make it in pepakura and do the clamshell method.

I was a little child like i think a 1 yr old when it came out... so i never watched it when it first aired. A lot of my friends my age are just like "who?" when i tell them who im gonna be for Halloween. and my reply all the time to them when they say that is "youre not a true star wars fan if you dont know of even the very little mentioned characters". my best friend actually got me into star wars last year!:lol: i thank him for that every day because its amazing lol
That's great!

What kind of foam did you use? I tried with some EVA but the kind I got was too thin
I use 6mm thick foam in most of my builds. Sometimes I use 1/2 inch, but mostly 6mm is strong enough without being overly bulky. There's lots of different brands of EVA foam, but they should all function about the same.

hello! quick updoot on my captian rex costume ryzer! its going well!
IMG_1340.JPG

this is the helmet, two gauntlets, a shoulder pad, a shin, the detonator, the belt, and the codpiece (not fully assembled)
and my added rangefinder

the monster is not mine, before anyone says anything...

more photos! (helmet only)
IMG_1299 (2).JPG
IMG_1300.JPG
RRRS3239.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG
IMG_1218.JPG

the black helmet with the purple rangefinder is the most recent standalone photo.

Edit: the rangefinder does in fact rotate! it's also 3d printed, and locks in the upright position fairly well.

hello! quick updoot on my captian rex costume ryzer! its going well!
View attachment 1359425
this is the helmet, two gauntlets, a shoulder pad, a shin, the detonator, the belt, and the codpiece (not fully assembled)
and my added rangefinder

the monster is not mine, before anyone says anything...

more photos! (helmet only)
View attachment 1359427View attachment 1359428View attachment 1359429View attachment 1359432View attachment 1359430View attachment 1359431
the black helmet with the purple rangefinder is the most recent standalone photo.

Edit: the rangefinder does in fact rotate! it's also 3d printed, and locks in the upright position fairly well.
That's great! I love the rangefinder attachment and it looks like the armor is coming along nicely! Thanks for sharing. :)

Hello,
anybody available to fix these Files? unfortunately my Computer doesnt work so i cant use Pepakura.
Ryzer117 Check These Files and compare them to yours. Which are better?

Attachments

• leg.pdf
    134.3 KB · Views: 223
  • arm.pdf
    54.3 KB · Views: 159
  • abs.pdf
    173.5 KB · Views: 161
  • cod.pdf
    267.9 KB · Views: 157
  • chest.pdf
    150.5 KB · Views: 167
  • collar.pdf
    34.8 KB · Views: 166
  • helmet.pdf
    952.4 KB · Views: 258
Now, here are the working pdo files. Take a look. I dont know but I think they are kind of good for working with eva foam...

Attachments

• abs.pdo
    173.5 KB · Views: 193
  • arm.pdo
    54.3 KB · Views: 195
  • chest.pdo
    150.5 KB · Views: 220
  • cod.pdo
    267.9 KB · Views: 204
  • collar.pdo
    34.8 KB · Views: 184
  • helmet.pdo
    952.4 KB · Views: 236
  • leg.pdo
    134.3 KB · Views: 223
So here it is,"foamised" template of the phase 2 clone helmet from The Clone Wars. Minor info: I added the flaps at some point to be the plus material under specific areas on the helmet (see more at JFCustom's foam files thread). Anyway,I'm really glad Ryzer for this file, I couldn't have found it anywhere.
which thickness of foam is this for? i have 2mm and 5mm

It's a very good template,the same which Ryzer used. Btw I got your problem clearly now so I'll give the pdf version a shot.
How tall are you? I'm asking this 'cause I can scale it to your height (hopefully).
Also regarding the thickness of the foam: use 2 mm for the helmet and 5 for the armor.

I just started with 5mm for the bigger parts like the top of the helmet. But i could change easily. My Computer works again and I think I know how to scale, but im not sure if I will do it right . Im 170 cm tall. Thanks

I just started with 5mm for the bigger parts like the top of the helmet. But i could change easily. My Computer works again and I think I know how to scale, but im not sure if I will do it right . Im 170 cm tall. Thanks
To scale the armor you have to open and include all the parts together. After you opened a part,just select File>Insert file and then you can add the missing pieces of the armor. After the whole armor is in one file just set it to you height but keep in mind that it doesn't start at the boot so you have to measure from your ankles. Good luck on your build!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back