Ryzer117

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the Armor that I made and the foam files that I used to make my armor below. The files were heavily modified from the BSD Rex files that I found online. I would say the armor is 95% screen accurate to the TCW version of the clone trooper, so it is not perfect but it's pretty close. I did not make the Pepakura files for the helmet, just fyi. Feel free to change it however you want. I would love to see a picture if you do make anything from the files. :)

20190504_132914.jpg

Here's a video I made explaining each piece:

ALL ARMOR TEMPLATE LINKS:

REALISTIC STYLE CLONE:

Clone Trooper (Live Action) EVA Foam Armor Free Templates

ANIMATED STYLE CLONE:
Clone Trooper Foam Full Armor (With Free Files)

CLONE COMMANDO:
Clone Commando EVA Foam Armor FREE TEMPLATES

MANDALORIAN:
Mandalorian Armor Custom FREE FOAM FILES

Attachments

• Clone Trooper Armor TCW (Full).pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 46,217
  • Clone Trooper Helmet.zip
    204.8 KB · Views: 43,564
  • DC-15A Clone Wars Version.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 13,239
  • Helmet TCW Clone_phase_2 (With Numbered Edges).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 21,721
  • Armor Upgrades 1 (Clone).zip
    233.1 KB · Views: 10,483
  • tcw_binocs (PDF).pdf
    311.9 KB · Views: 6,775
  • ARC Backpack (Ryzer).pdf
    360.5 KB · Views: 6,797
  • Holster for Clone (Ryzer).pdf
    252.9 KB · Views: 4,689
  • Clone Chest 2.0 (Ryzer).pdf
    463.6 KB · Views: 6,847
  • Gauntlets 2.0 (Ryzer).pdf
    267.2 KB · Views: 6,344
  • Belt Box 2.0 (Ryzer).pdf
    224.8 KB · Views: 4,093
  • Abdomen 2.0 (Ryzer).pdf
    633.8 KB · Views: 4,113
  • Battle Pack Rifle (Ryzer).pdf
    644.1 KB · Views: 4,170
  • Clone Officer Jetpack Animated (Ryzer).pdf
    69.4 KB · Views: 3,246
  • Clone Commander Helmet Upgrades Phase 2 (Ryzer).pdf
    92.8 KB · Views: 5,308
  • DC-15S Animated Style (Ryzer).pdf
    105.3 KB · Views: 3,823
  • Bicep 2.0 (Ryzer).pdf
    207.7 KB · Views: 2,795
  • ARC Gauntlets TCW Phase 2 (Ryzer).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,710
  • ARC Pauldron TCW Phase 2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 577
  • ARC Chest TCW Phase 2.pdf
    559.5 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Good job! I'm trying to make an ARC trooper and the files that you included have been super helpful so far. Just one question though, I like the size of your helmet in comparison to the rest of your armor, so I was wondering if you did any scaling to the helmet file that you included?

Good job! I'm trying to make an ARC trooper and the files that you included have been super helpful so far. Just one question though, I like the size of your helmet in comparison to the rest of your armor, so I was wondering if you did any scaling to the helmet file that you included?
Sorry it took so long to get back. I believe the pepakura dimensions of my helmet were the default settings when you open it. I will mention that it is very tight on my head, so perhaps consider cutting the helmet a little, or increasing its size. Hope this helps.

Question, (well one or 2 questions) I'm planning on maybe making this, in the pdf a) what size paper would you recommend to print out to trace onto foam (a2, a3, a4 etc) and b) what does 'Flip x2' mean, does it mean you cut out 2 of them but flip it on the second?
This looks amazing btw, you did an amazing job :)

This is amazing! Thank you. I really want to make a Hardcase costume and I think I’m going to go with your templates and foam. Hard to find Animated phase 2 armor STLs for 3D printing, and this looks just as good as any lovingly finished 3D print. You are very kind for sharing the template!

Question, (well one or 2 questions) I'm planning on maybe making this, in the pdf a) what size paper would you recommend to print out to trace onto foam (a2, a3, a4 etc) and b) what does 'Flip x2' mean, does it mean you cut out 2 of them but flip it on the second?
This looks amazing btw, you did an amazing job :)
Thank you!

I used US Letter sized paper for mine, but you could probably use a4 just make sure to use the original image size when you print and don't convert it to a4 or it will shrink the template to fit the different paper. Some of the edges will get cut off if you use anything other than US Letter, but honestly as long as you have the basic shape, you can guess the bit that gets cut off.

I admit the "Flip x2" is a little confusing. It just means to trace it on one side then turn the template over and use it on the opposite side to make another trace on the foam. Like this: b --> d It's a mirror image of the original.

I would like to point out that whole parts like the gauntlet, shoe, shin, thigh, bicep, handplate, shoulder and maybe some others only appear once in the template. You can flip over the template and reuse it to make a symmetrical second armor piece. For pieces like the chest, you obviously only need one in the end.

Also, sorry for the late response. Thanks for checking out my work!

This is amazing! Thank you. I really want to make a Hardcase costume and I think I’m going to go with your templates and foam. Hard to find Animated phase 2 armor STLs for 3D printing, and this looks just as good as any lovingly finished 3D print. You are very kind for sharing the template!
Thanks!

I admit this template is a little rough around the edges. :) I would love to remake it someday and make it more easy to follow. 3D printing seems like the way of the future for cosplay and prop builders, so perhaps I should look into that sometime too.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share the Armor that I made and the foam files that I used to make my armor below. The files were heavily modified from the BSD Rex files that I found online. I would say the armor is 95% screen accurate to the TCW version of the clone trooper, so it is not perfect but it's pretty close. I did not make the Pepakura files for the helmet, just fyi. Feel free to change it however you want. I would love to see a picture if you do make anything from the files. :)

View attachment 1017443 View attachment 1017445 View attachment 1017444 View attachment 1017449
Hey, just a question, I can't seem to open the Helmet file, did you use foam for that as well? and can you post the prints for the DC-15A?

Is there any chance that somebody could send me screenshots of the files by chance? All the computers I have tried to open this file on have labeled it as a defective, unsupported, or malfunctioning file type, even when I try to change the file type itself. I’ve been dying to find a set of patterns for the CW series and your work looks absolutely incredible! I’m new to this page and foam crafting alike but am still an avid model builder and Star Wars enthusiast, if anyone could help me it would be immensely appreciated!

Hey, just a question, I can't seem to open the Helmet file, did you use foam for that as well? and can you post the prints for the DC-15A?
Hello,
The helmet file is unfortunately not meant for foam, it's a paper model. The file can only be opened from a program that converts 3D models to 2D printable paper called "Pepakura". I used the designer version, It's pretty easy to use. If you already tried Pepakura, then I could try sending the file directly. Here is an image of what I see when it's open.
I actually don't have the template for the rifle with me. I will try to post a file for it soon when I can get to it.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 2020-02-27.png
    2020-02-27.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 4,402
  • Helmet TCW Clone_phase_2.pdo
    376.5 KB · Views: 1,545
Is there any chance that somebody could send me screenshots of the files by chance? All the computers I have tried to open this file on have labeled it as a defective, unsupported, or malfunctioning file type, even when I try to change the file type itself. I’ve been dying to find a set of patterns for the CW series and your work looks absolutely incredible! I’m new to this page and foam crafting alike but am still an avid model builder and Star Wars enthusiast, if anyone could help me it would be immensely appreciated!
Hello,
I'm happy you liked my armor!
I converted the PDF files into JPG images in the .zip below. If you are having any more issues let me know.
Just remember that I used US Letter sized paper, so if you're using a different size, you'll want to keep the original image size when you print.

If you don't mind, could you tell me what type of computer you are using. I hope this isn't a common issue from my files.

Hope this fixed it for you.

Attachments

• Clone Trooper Armor TCW (Full) - Copy.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,527

View attachment 1017443 View attachment 1017445 View attachment 1017444 View attachment 1017449
Hey so i think you armor is really cool and i want to use your designs to help make my cosplay but i am a little confused based on what you have written.
1. what does flip 2x mean (like a mirror image cut)
2. do the numbers mean inches or how they connect together
3. do you have instructions anywhere on how once cut how to assemble all the pieces

It means that the templates are usable for both left and right halves. You cut it out like normal, flip it over, and assemble it that way so it's mirrored. You put the edges with the matching numbers together. I hope that clarifies things. I've been meaning to remake my Mandalorian armor (all of my work was done by impatient, skill limited high school me) and I might have to steal and modify some of these templates for my thighs and gauntlets. and if I didn't have enough projects already, now I want to make a phase two Rex Thanks for making these templates Ryzer!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back