Done / Completed Cast Latch for ROTJ Vader MoM / DV6 Saber

The Ninja

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Interest / Run:

Cast Latch for ROTJ Vader MoM / DV6 Saber FOUND on vintage R.A.F. MPP Micro Technical S92 Ground Camera Timber Transport Case + Latch received from kurtyboy

rarely-seen-side.jpg

Photo DARTH SABER
Definitive VADER ROTJ Saber Reference PIC thread
More details on the Vader ROTJ saber - Please archive

dvjsab1.JPG

dvjsab2.jpg

Photos PofSW

dvjsab1.JPG dvjsab2.jpg rarely-seen-side.jpg

Background:

I have previously posted in my Hunting Thread & ROTJ Vader MoM / DV6 Latch FOUND Discussion Thread.

ROTJ Vader MoM / DV6 Latch FOUND seeking Interest for Cast Latches

I won a vintage R.A.F. MPP Micro Technical S92 Ground Camera Kit + MPP Microflash + Timber Transport Case 14A/4662 at auction late last year, along with picking up another Police MOD R.A.F. MPP Micro Technical S92 Ground Camera Kit Timber Transport Case, during my inspections of the Timber Transport Cases I discovered that the internal Lid Divider had a similar style of vintage Double Ball Latch used on the ROTJ Vader MoM / DV6 saber.

6cut.jpg

6cut.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

ROTJ Vader MoM / DV6 Latch Comparison:

Firstly I am NO expert so please take these measurements as a guide with +/- margin.

The comparison is in /mm between left to right;

A- Latch received from kurtyboy

B- Latch removed from my S92 Case (Latch had minor corrosion it was sprayed with WD-40 and came up very clean)

C- Latch removed from my Police MOD S92 Case (Latch was rusted & not working it was sprayed with WD-40 surface rust remained the balls working)

There are differences between all of them in construction and size & shape of components.

1.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg
ROTJ Vader MoM DV6 Latch Details.jpg

Cast Vintage Double Ball Latches:

I checked with Marcus and talked with Jerry who we all know does amazing casts, about offering casts of the Latch I received from Marcus along with the 2x vintage Latches I found on the R.A.F. MPP Micro Technical S92 Ground Camera Kit Timber Transport Cases.

I am not seeking any monitory return and happy to provide the Latches to be cast for the benefit of the Community, this will allow Jerry to keep the prices reasonable covering materials & time.

A- Latch received from kurtyboy
B- S92 Latch
C- POLICE MOD S-92 Latch

Price Estimates:

Minimum of 10 of a Style of Latch & Material is needed for Jerry to make a mold and cast the Latches.

Resin Cast around $8.00USD each plus shipping.

Cold Cast if there is enough interest Jerry will obtain price estimates.

Payment via PayPal Goods & Services, details will be posted once the Run & Prices are confirmed.

Interest:

Please Post interest for;

Quantity -
Latch - (A- Latch received from kurtyboy) (B- S92 Latch) (C- POLICE MOD S-92 Latch)
Material - (Resin Cast) (Cold Cast)

The Interest List will be used when the Run is confirmed.

Interest List:

RPF ID | Quantity | Latch | Material | PAID | Shipped

Quantity: 3
Latch - (A) x1 (B) x2 (OR: as many as needed to make the B latch run happen, and A x0)
Material - Resin, or cold cast depending on price

(According to my measurements the 3:4:5 proportions of Latch (B) match almost exactly to proportions of the prop in photos, though the (B) latch seems to be a bit smaller overall.)

Last edited:
Quantity - 3
Latch - (A) x1 (B) x1 (C) x1
Material - (Resin Cast) or (Cold Cast)

Cold cast would be awesome!

I have talked with Jerry trooper we will leave the Interest Thread open until the end of the month but if the interest remains low we will close the Thread as there there seems to be far less interest then expected.

One each please.
(A) x1, (B) x1, & (C) x1
Material: Resin Cast or Cold Cast. Either will be fine, but Cold cast would preferred.

I just want 2, in resin, of whatever is being offered.

It might be neat if Jerry were to take the latch apart, cast the thing hollow, then we could add a steel ball (possibly use one from shot, as is shot you would find in a shotgun shell) for that added touch of reality.
Just thinking out loud.:rolleyes:

CLOSED THREAD:

As previously posted we left the Interest Thread open until the end of April, unfortunately the interest has been less then expected, I have discussed with Jerry trooper and given the low interest we have decided to close the Interest Thread.

Sorry for those who wanted parts but Chris teecrooz posted that Pastor Jedi used to offer bronze casts of the ball catch, maybe this is an option.

That's too bad :(
Small part, couple of bucks.

Can you leave the interest thread up for another month and see if more people are interested?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back