BTTF Futaba Delorean Remote Project

A pity that the label is worn so much... Indeed if the back has a round FAIL SAFE SET button, it's a red labeled one, if that button is not there, it's a green one... For the rest they are identical. Since the label is gone, it doesn't matter much, I think. It's not really a label on these remotes, it's more like it's printed directly on the aluminium... Anyway, I'm looking forward to see the result with a replacement label... Good luck!

There's just a little bit of red coloring left on where it used to say PCM and yep, it has the fail safe button on the back. I got this thing for $50.00 + 10.00 shipping.

Mmm, that's a nice price. You won't find an undamaged one for that price, so I think you had a good deal, despite the damage of the label. I tried to scan my label, but this didn't work out OK. I can't get the remote flat on the scanner. Maybe try to use the file of the label that has been posted here...

First post here at theRPF. Joined because of all the great info on this remote, it's one of the props that stuck with me the most after seeing the movie (together with the red camera). Still scouring the web for a used remote (already sold your red one TomVDJ?). It doesn't need to be screen accurate, 'cos only the people here would notice the difference ;)

Last edited:
Since I've got my remote I'll give away how I did it. I searched with google for RC forums with the futaba model numbers. Even if a post was old I contacted forum members that seemed like they didn't really want their broken Futaba's to see if they still had them. I got lucky and found someone that had a broken one he was originally looking to repair but never got around to fixing and I made him an offer. I was extremely polite about it and told them exactly what I wanted to use it for, and mentioned how I didn't really want to get a functioning remote for the project because I would feel bad using one that still worked.

That's the technique everybody uses. But you have to be lucky. It's not so wise to tell what you will use it for, because most of the time RC-people have no idea that that remote is used in BTTF. Once they know, some of them drive up the price, because they know people like us will pay that price for that remote. So don't tell them what it's for. Just say you want to use it for spare parts or something like that... Anyway, you got one. That's the most important...

Very helpful thread

I'm a new member here (actually I'm still on probation) but I wanted to say this thread has been a vital component of my quest to build Doc's remote. I actually got my hands on a FUTABA green label remote finally - but this thread has helped me realize that is just the beginning!

I hope to find the Molex switches, the digital display mount, install an Arduino board with working lights and sounds.... very cool.

Thanks to all the contributors here for some great information!

My understanding is that the original front power switch wasn't removed - it was snapped off.

BTW - the 2015 Bottles are almost done. Time to start cracking on the Futabas :)

-Gary

My understanding is that the original front power switch wasn't removed - it was snapped off.

BTW - the 2015 Bottles are almost done. Time to start cracking on the Futabas :)

-Gary
Also can't wait for the Futaba kits... That green labeled one is sitting here, waiting to be transformed into doc's remote. In doubt about the red one, though...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back