Unlimited Run Blade Runner inspired light up chessboard

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Bash

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

UPDATE: NOW SELLING

The options are as follows:

Wood
- Oak
- American Black Walnut

Sides

- Straight
- Chamfered

Finish

- Stained with Danish oil
- Prepped and sanded but untreated

Either option here wont affect price. I use danish oil on wood as it offers more protection over stain and I think looks better. Danish oil tends to enhance the lustre of the wood; I find stains end up making wood look like a fence panel.

I can of course leave the wood sanded but unstained if you'd like to apply your own stain.

Power

Please state whether you need UK/EU/US plug

Dimensions

The Outside diameter of the board is roughly 44cm x 44cm

Price (GBP)

- Oak Chessboard £160 Delivered to mainland UK
- Walnut Chessboard £180 Delivered to mainland UK

Shipping cost for outside of the UK (GBP)

If you live in Europe or the US the additional shipping costs will apply on top of prices mentioned above:

- Europe £10
- USA £20

Sorry for the hike guys but that's genuinely the prices i've been quoted online. By the time the board is packaged it'll weigh 5kg, and be 50cm X 50cm X 10cm.

If you are outside of all of the above then shipping can be quoted via PM before you decide to buy.

PICS

blade-runner-movie-screencaps.com-8893.jpg

Walnut

2.jpg4.jpg

Oak

6.jpg

Lit up

3.jpg

The List:
1) Faust1103 COMPLETED / PAID / SHIPPED
2) DVD Connoisseur COMPLETED / PAID / SHIPPED
3) Blade Dodger COMPLETED / PAID / SHIPPED
4) Fragment ORDERED / UNPAID
5) Pnag ORDERED / UNPAID
6) LittleMuseum ORDERED / UNPAID
7) KitJunky ORDERED / UNPAID
8) Faust1103 ORDERED / UNPAID
9) The Pawn ORDERED / UNPAID
10)Sengel67 ORDERED / UNPAID
11)Enigmatic ORDERED / UNPAID
12)El Toro ORDERED / UNPAID

Interested:
Darthwhitey
Theyrenotdolls
eavii

Guys who have not got back to me after showing initial interest have been removed from the list. As this is operating on a first come first served basis. If you would definitely like a board please contact me via PM, stating your options as mentioned above.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

As this is my first run and i'm expecting you guys to be patient with me, I have decided as a sign of goodwill to not charge up-front for the first 10 orders placed.

This is a great community we are part of here guys and therefore trust is important. If you place an order I expect you to follow it through and pay in full on completion of your order. Obviously boards will not be shipped without payment but backing out after i've put a lot of time into an order is not something i'd expect from this forum. Unfortunately it seems that sometimes the few ruin it for the many, and I have seen this happen far more often than i'd like already.

The admins have already told me to cancel an order i'd received due to the member being banned (for reasons unknown to me). Luckily I hadn't started their order so no harm done.

Anyway, if you have any questions feel free to ask on here or shoot me a PM if you prefer.

Bash

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

6.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RhinoActual

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am interested in two.

Edit: Timing is important though. So I would need a timeline for providing funds to confirm interest.

shpider

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Do you know if they make an expurgated version of the British Birds Chess Set ?.... without the Gannet... I don't like them...

Bash

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am interested in two.

Edit: Timing is important though. So I would need a timeline for providing funds to confirm interest.
Do you need them quickly or you just mean an idea of how long you'd need to gather the cash?? Probably won't be a limited run dude as I can make as many as required really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RhinoActual

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Do you need them quickly or you just mean an idea of how long you'd need to gather the cash?? Probably won't be a limited run dude as I can make as many as required really

I just mean how long to gather the cash. I am already tied to couple of other projects and wouldn't be in a position to settle up till late September.

Bash

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just mean how long to gather the cash. I am already tied to couple of other projects and wouldn't be in a position to settle up till late September.
Shouldn't be a problem dude.

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Based on the screenshot, it looks like the pieces done have that last base section that yours have? If you just trimmed that off, they'd look right.

faust1103

I might be interested as well.
The dimensions and weight of the board would be helpful.

Is it possible to exchange the bulbs (in case they become defect)?

Thanks.

Bash

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
sqaures are 50mmx50mm so overall board is a tad over 400mm square.

The lights are LED. The perspex is pressure fitted in, so you could in theory replace the lights further down the line, or simply cut a hole in the base which is just MDF.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to your questions guys

Bash

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can also offer:

- Straight sides instead of the ornate sides displayed in the picture
- Pine instead of oak. I may be able to get more expensive wood in theory depending on my supplier but that will affect the price obviously.
- Different laser engravings on the front

Bash

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Spoke to my wood supplier today and I can currently offer the following:

- Oak (standard cost)
- Pine (Light colour)
- Walnut (Darker)
- Cherry (red/brown)

I'm yet to work out a price on all except oak as I haven't been given a price yet.