Battlestar FTL Key

Gordon Gekko

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've never seen a proper FTL key from NuBSG, so I thought I would take a crack at it.

I'm not sure how many keys were made for the production, but I am aiming for this version:

Ftl07.jpg

Ftl08.jpg

The pics are a bit hard to read, since everything is in clear plex. CNC machined cylinder, laser-cut stacked plex for all the other parts.

Ftl01.jpg
Ftl02.jpg

Ftl03.jpg
Ftl05.jpg

Ftl06.jpg

I need to make a few more adjustments to the overall shape and machine out the cylinder for electronics and then on to final finishing.

I think the hardest part of this project, is finding the correct acrylic rod for the light up part. I'm hoping to hear back from a manufacturer on that end.:love

Thanks for looking, comments and crits :)behave) welcome!

-GG

It's been discussed at length before, so I bet a quick search will be good for you.

As I recall, the light rod is just a part of an inexpensive light up saber thing.

It's been discussed at length before, so I bet a quick search will be good for you.

As I recall, the light rod is just a part of an inexpensive light up saber thing.

I've seen the other threads, but no one seems to have gotten off the ground yet.

It's frustrating, I know exactly which light was used but for some reason, it's easier to find hens teeth. Someone on Ebay wants $40 for one light!!

I keep expecting to walk into the dollar store someday and see them lined up.:unsure

I obsessed over this prop after the first episode it was in aired. Alas, I never made one. I feel the same way about the little "lightsaber" thingy, I remember getting some at a dollar store years before, but never could find one with the lines once I started looking for them.

I've seen the other threads, but no one seems to have gotten off the ground yet.

It's frustrating, I know exactly which light was used but for some reason, it's easier to find hens teeth. Someone on Ebay wants $40 for one light!!

I keep expecting to walk into the dollar store someday and see them lined up.:unsure

Yeah, you're already farther along than most I think.

Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. If ya ever do a run, I'd be interested in one.

Why are you making the body in acrylic when the screen used piece is machined aluminum?

Just curious. :confused

-Rylo

Awesome GG ,cant wait to see the ending results and lit up, I would definitely would like to have something like that laying beside my polystone BSG statue....OOOHHHHH !!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back