Han ANH GK Scope Identified !!! Theory & Lots of Pics

I thought they came with the front bell and it was removed to build the prop...:confused

If my memory serves correct, you'll just have to unscrew the front.

I thought they came with the front bell and it was removed to build the prop...:confused

If my memory serves correct, you'll just have to unscrew the front.
Yup; practically falls off. :)

There's a narrow ring on the other end that also screws off. More accurate to remove it or leave it?

What are you gonna do about the front of it?

Probably something this way will be made to fit directly on it:

Blaster026.jpg

Blaster025.jpg

Please let it as it is, for now.
:lol Can anyone guess who has graciously agreed to do this build for me?

Michael, an MGC Mauser is on its way to me as of today! That's all the major original parts. :love

And you know, if you want to replicate this scope while you have it to work with, we can definitely talk more about it.

:lol Can anyone guess who has graciously agreed to do this build for me?

Michael, an MGC Mauser is on its way to me as of today! That's all the major original parts. :love

And you know, if you want to replicate this scope while you have it to work with, we can definitely talk more about it.

Hmmm, no idea. :lol

Great, the parts are coming together one by one. :)

No, that´s not the reason, i have already all needed measurements - i just want to avoid that some parts are missing. It´s easier when all stuff is available. :)

I decided a couple of months ago that I'd have to commission a Greedo Killer build if I wanted to have a nice one, as most people just don't seem to want to let theirs go. (No surprise there.) So I started talking to people and looking for authentic parts. Within a week, I found a Compac Super 4x31 in beautiful condition attached to hunting rifle on gunbroker.com, and then convinced the owner of the rifle to sell me just the scope for $50. (He probably thought I was nuts to offer that much.)

Don't hate me. :lol

DSCN5562.jpg

DSCN5563.jpg

DSCN5565.jpg

I hate to necro bump this but I just got one with the front bell on too. But when you remove it it's just empty tube?

What are you guys capping it off with? Another lens? From where/what?

Uuuugh, how are you guys finding these darned scopes?? I've missed out on at least three over the past ten years . I've got multiple saved searches at gunbroker and eBay and come up with squat.

I got lucky... I asked someone here if they'd sell one and they did.

I saw one for sale local but missed it by a week. Nuts!

I just picked up a second Compac Super 4x31 on ebay, and it appears there are at least THREE variations to it.

So the one I have and will use seems to be more common. It has the larger front lens bell that can be taken off.

Then there's the one Adamata does his resin cast from, which is prop accurate with a SMALL front lens element. This one is almost identical to mine where the windage adjustments are, except the screws/screw holes are slightly different.

Then there's this new one I just got and have never seen before.

Its 4x31 with large front bell, but different windage knob mount design and setup. This one is missing the caps, but the caps from the other do not even fit. They thread on differently.

Otherwise dimensions are identical.

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

photo%205.JPG

anyone else with real ones care to share pics?

Not sure if Randys was other than normal, but his frontbell was useable to be machined into this:

Scope002.jpg

Scope001.jpg

His scope is the one in the middle, after machining it down the frontbell revealed the typical little steps. :cool

My own compac is another different version, look at the knurled ring at the rear bell:

Parts010_zps95975ae3.jpg

As i used the frontbell for my ROTJ-scope, i needed to replicate the frontpiece:

Parts009_zpsdf26ebd6.jpg

And while i was at it .....

Parts002_zpsac7533b3.jpg

Parts011_zps8cd7ab64.jpg

:)

What the heck?!?!? You lathed down the front bell into a usable front element? I was just looking at mine, and while it MIGHT be able to be lathed down... WHERE did you get the glass lens???

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back