Attention: BANDAI will stop selling kits outside Japan

Re: Attention: BANDAI may stop selling kits outside Japan

Made a pilgrimage to Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara today, I happen to be in Tokyo visiting friends...

I may have acquired some items:

Photo 07-11-2015, 14 34 36.jpg

(My Millennium Falcon's on its way independently, from eBay - it'll probably arrive in the UK before I do!)

Attachments

• Photo 07-11-2015, 14 34 36.jpg
    Photo 07-11-2015, 14 34 36.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 105
Nope, if you are unlucky they charge vat at 20% on stuff over £15 value PLUS the £8 "handling" fee. I paid nearly £12 fees on a £21 action figure. It's a lottery, out of 8 purchases only 2 have been hit by customs.

... the carton was a little damaged but the parts and decals are in perfect shape...

Great! That's what counts most. You could iron out the dents of the box, or scan it, photoshop the wrinkles out of it and print is as a poster. :)

It only took 6 days for my Falcon to arrive buts its been almost two weeks for the T-70 and both are from the same seller....

Great! That's what counts most. You could iron out the dents of the box, or scan it, photoshop the wrinkles out of it and print is as a poster. :)
Yep, the box did what it was supposed to do--protect the contents. Beyond that, once I get the kit built I couldn't care less about the box it came in, so it'll probably end up in the trash anyway. :lol

Received my first order of Bandai SW kits today from an eBay seller, and:

- average cost per kit was 95% of what HLJ's Japanese site is charging, at the current yen/USD exchange rate;
- EMS shipping and customs added 34% per kit, so I paid 29% more than what HLJ charges before shipping;
- HLJ's EMS shipping usually adds about 30% per kit, so not being able to buy from HLJ isn't as bad as expected...at least for now.

I was hoping to borrow the Fine Molds 1/144 Millennium Falcon's round dish parts for the Bandai, but their new 1/144 release is at least 15% larger!

Received my first order of Bandai SW kits today from an eBay seller, and:

- average cost per kit was 95% of what HLJ's Japanese site is charging, at the current yen/USD exchange rate;
- EMS shipping and customs added 34% per kit, so I paid 29% more than what HLJ charges before shipping;
- HLJ's EMS shipping usually adds about 30% per kit, so not being able to buy from HLJ isn't as bad as expected...at least for now.

I was hoping to borrow the Fine Molds 1/144 Millennium Falcon's round dish parts for the Bandai, but their new 1/144 release is at least 15% larger!

Yeah....as I posted earlier,...I used HLJ to mail to Tenso.....& paid a good bit more than usual for postage,.....it got here quick,...so I got over that gripe quickly

The FM 144 has turned out to be WAYYYYYY out of scale,....Blakeh1 worked it out to be about 1/160......& the FM dish for the 144 & the 72nd were undersized anyway.....so hopefully Tony will make a dish we can get get printed

J

IMG_0010[1].JPGGot this sweet thing in the mail on Monday. I also got the T-70 which arrived yesterday. As for the Falcon it is a definitive improvement over the FM rendition. The T-70 is also well proportioned and with awesome details. It goes without saying but Bandai blows the Revell kits out of the water. I wish Revell will take note and make better kits instead of trying to push these kiddie versions. I know they have their market but some local options for more serious modelers would have been sweet.

To light the Falcon you need more than two LEDs, better to do it yourself. Cheap Christmas LED lights or something similar would be the easiest.

I just got my T-70 X-Wing today. Strangely I had ordered both from the same ebay seller, the X-Wing on the 20th and the Falcon on the 29th. The Falcon arrived last Friday and the X today. According to the "estimated" delivery times for both, the Falcon should not be here yet and this is the last day for the X-Wing to show up!!!

The FM 144 has turned out to be WAYYYYYY out of scale,....Blakeh1 worked it out to be about 1/160......& the FM dish for the 144 & the 72nd were undersized anyway.

Here's the Bandai 1/144 with the Fine Molds dish dropped on:

jSF5onK.jpg

Far too small...so waiting for someone to cast a resin solution.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back